Topic Wiki

Click Here to get more details on this card and compare to other cards!

Chase Sapphire Reserve BENEFITS master thread

5/24 applies to this card
Minimum $10K of CL is needed, so if you can't get 10K on an instant, there's another great reason to get declined

DansDeals.com » Blog Archive » Chase’s Highest Ultimate Rewards Signup Bonus Ever: Sapphire Reserve 100,000 Point Bonus Is Now Live; Get $2,100 In Free Travel!

DansDeals.com » Blog Archive » Chase Sapphire Reserve Additional User Benefits And Lounge Guesting Policy Are Awesome!

There are multiple instances reported on this very thread of someone who was way over 5/24 and did not have PC and who got approval after recon.

The information below no longer applies for 2016/2017 but should still be useful for 2017/2018

Can you still get a 2016 travel credit if you apply now for a Sapphire Reserve card?

People have been reporting various due dates in January. If you get a due date between the 6th to the 25th then your bill will close between December 9th-28th and you will have time to spend the $300 in 2016 travel credit.

It is definitely still possible to get those due dates, but there’s no guarantee. If you do apply then be sure to call reconsideration to see if you can get approved today.
You may also be able to change your payment due date to generate a December statement if your due date is earlier than January 6 or later than January 25th. Just call to have you due date changed to January 25th to have your statement close on December 28th.

From here. Hopefully this will stop the constant questions.

Check which category a store is: https://www.visa.com/supplierlocator-app/app/#/home/supplier-locator
« Last edited by yelped on May 25, 2021, 05:39:31 PM »

Author Topic: Chase Sapphire Reserve  (Read 1235412 times)

Offline free123cc

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Chase Sapphire Reserve
« Reply #5300 on: April 08, 2021, 02:27:53 AM »

i have a chase business ink cash (which was just downgraded from a chase business ink preferred about a week ago after having the chase business ink preferred for like 3 years) and would like to transfer my points to my son who has a chase sapphire reserve so i can then use pyb for 1.5 pp. we both have the same home address. however my chase business card is registered to my business address, which is a diff address. is it a issue to transfer the points to him? our license both say the same address its just the business is a diff address. Will chase flag it or shut me or him down?

as long as the address is the same, I wouldn’t be nervous

Thanks. I would like to be more certain not just “wouldn’t be nervous”....anyone have a similar situation that worked out for them? Or more info regarding this?

Offline 1avigrun

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5301 on: April 08, 2021, 06:00:39 AM »

i have a chase business ink cash (which was just downgraded from a chase business ink preferred about a week ago after having the chase business ink preferred for like 3 years) and would like to transfer my points to my son who has a chase sapphire reserve so i can then use pyb for 1.5 pp. we both have the same home address. however my chase business card is registered to my business address, which is a diff address. is it a issue to transfer the points to him? our license both say the same address its just the business is a diff address. Will chase flag it or shut me or him down?
if you have any other personal chase cards of your own you can transfer the points to that account and then transfer to your son if you don’t want to be worried ;)

Offline normathej

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #5302 on: April 08, 2021, 09:38:55 AM »
Hit the four year mark and just applied for the reserve, got an immediate decline but no reason - just that they will let me know in 7-10 days.  Does that mean I got my dates wrong, or is there another reason?  Will they know the reason if I call?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #5303 on: April 08, 2021, 09:53:45 AM »
When did you get the last bonus?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline normathej

• View Profile
« Reply #5304 on: April 08, 2021, 09:55:33 AM »
Well, they said it was March 2017 (even though it was just some random 5k bonus).  So I waited until April...

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #5305 on: April 08, 2021, 10:05:38 AM »
5/24?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline normathej

• View Profile
« Reply #5306 on: April 08, 2021, 11:24:03 AM »
5/24?

No, 4/24.  Got a chase ink on 1/22 though - did I need to wait 90 days?  I think I forgot about that...

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5307 on: April 08, 2021, 11:24:47 AM »
No, 4/24.  Got a chase ink on 1/22 though - did I need to wait 90 days?  I think I forgot about that...
Shouldn't have to.
PUTPAC?

Offline normathej

• View Profile
« Reply #5308 on: April 08, 2021, 11:28:25 AM »
Shouldn't have to.
PUTPAC?

Sound advice :)

Offline free123cc

• View Profile
« Reply #5309 on: April 09, 2021, 09:25:12 AM »

if you have any other personal chase cards of your own you can transfer the points to that account and then transfer to your son if you don’t want to be worried ;)

Only other chase card I have is slate....can I transfer ur points from my personal slate to a household members personal CSR ?

Thanks

Offline simple26

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5310 on: April 09, 2021, 09:32:03 AM »
Only other chase card I have is slate....can I transfer ur points from my personal slate to a household members personal CSR ?

Thanks
Slate doe as not earn UR

Offline normathej

• View Profile
« Reply #5311 on: April 09, 2021, 09:34:49 AM »
Shouldn't have to.
PUTPAC?

The rep said she cannot see any information; I'll just have to wait for the letter.  Is that unusual?

Offline 1avigrun

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5312 on: April 09, 2021, 10:44:28 AM »

Thanks
I would say to open a freedom unlimited it’s no annual fee makes more points then the csr on everyday spending .... then you’ll have no issues transferring points. I think Dan has referral..

Offline mlight

• View Profile
« Reply #5313 on: April 09, 2021, 12:27:11 PM »
How long after downgrading my reserve should I apply for a new one? Uts been 48 months since last bonus

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5314 on: April 09, 2021, 12:29:47 PM »

Offline free123cc

• View Profile
« Reply #5315 on: April 11, 2021, 04:00:57 AM »

looking for another opinion just to be sure. anyone have experience with this?

Offline Samb

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5316 on: April 11, 2021, 10:03:01 PM »

looking for another opinion just to be sure. anyone have experience with this?
never saw issues with this.

Offline dealsrus

• View Profile
« Reply #5317 on: April 16, 2021, 01:43:41 AM »
If had CSR used 300 credit and 60 DD credit, downgraded to freedom (so can get CSP). If I upgrade the same card back will I get the credits again, or should I upgrade another card. Any other reasons which card to upgrade, will annual fee be the same last renewal was 450?
Thanks 

Offline Samb

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5318 on: April 16, 2021, 04:24:44 PM »
If had CSR used 300 credit and 60 DD credit, downgraded to freedom (so can get CSP). If I upgrade the same card back will I get the credits again, or should I upgrade another card. Any other reasons which card to upgrade, will annual fee be the same last renewal was 450?
Thanks
You don’t get again the credits. Annual fee will be charged prorated based on the time left till the end of year.

Offline dealsrus

• View Profile
« Reply #5319 on: April 16, 2021, 04:52:00 PM »
You don’t get again the credits. Annual fee will be charged prorated based on the time left till the end of year.
Thanks, Guess it pays to upgrade other freedom card, I had the reserve for 6 years on that card.