Topic Wiki

Click Here to get more details on this card and compare to other cards!

Chase Sapphire Reserve BENEFITS master thread

5/24 applies to this card
Minimum $10K of CL is needed, so if you can't get 10K on an instant, there's another great reason to get declined

DansDeals.com » Blog Archive » Chase’s Highest Ultimate Rewards Signup Bonus Ever: Sapphire Reserve 100,000 Point Bonus Is Now Live; Get $2,100 In Free Travel!

DansDeals.com » Blog Archive » Chase Sapphire Reserve Additional User Benefits And Lounge Guesting Policy Are Awesome!

There are multiple instances reported on this very thread of someone who was way over 5/24 and did not have PC and who got approval after recon.

The information below no longer applies for 2016/2017 but should still be useful for 2017/2018

Can you still get a 2016 travel credit if you apply now for a Sapphire Reserve card?

People have been reporting various due dates in January. If you get a due date between the 6th to the 25th then your bill will close between December 9th-28th and you will have time to spend the $300 in 2016 travel credit.

It is definitely still possible to get those due dates, but there’s no guarantee. If you do apply then be sure to call reconsideration to see if you can get approved today.
You may also be able to change your payment due date to generate a December statement if your due date is earlier than January 6 or later than January 25th. Just call to have you due date changed to January 25th to have your statement close on December 28th.

From here. Hopefully this will stop the constant questions.

Check which category a store is: https://www.visa.com/supplierlocator-app/app/#/home/supplier-locator
« Last edited by yelped on May 25, 2021, 05:39:31 PM »

Author Topic: Chase Sapphire Reserve  (Read 1261270 times)

Offline 1avigrun

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile

Offline 585mom

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Chase Sapphire Reserve
« Reply #5341 on: June 09, 2021, 11:43:00 AM »
Hi, I'm new here and I got approved for the Sapphire Reserve 100K.  I also have Chase Freedom Unlimited and Chase Freedom. I'll have to learn how to combine all 2 or 3.

My question is, how can I best use the miles? Will it be enough to fly to Israel on an emergency basis? Thanks.

Offline yanky1

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5342 on: June 11, 2021, 05:38:29 PM »
Gives me
LUMBER & BUILDING SUPPLIES - 5039
Is this home improvement??

Offline Kobe Bryant

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #5343 on: June 11, 2021, 05:56:34 PM »
Hi, I'm new here and I got approved for the Sapphire Preferred 100K.  I also have Chase Freedom Unlimited and Chase Freedom. I'll have to learn how to combine all 2 or 3.

My question is, how can I best use the miles? Will it be enough to fly to Israel on an emergency basis? Thanks.
FTFY

That is a very generic question. This forum can be a great resource of information.

Offline yanky1

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5344 on: June 11, 2021, 06:40:35 PM »

Offline S209

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #5345 on: June 14, 2021, 08:49:30 PM »
Now that the fee is different (I paid $450 this past year), what’s the deal with upgrading back to CSR after temporarily downgrading to CFF (for approval for the CSP)? Will they hit me with a brand new fee or let it ride since I paid one earlier this year? It (hopefully) won’t be downgraded long enough to get a prorated refund.
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline iwlw2

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5346 on: June 17, 2021, 01:24:35 PM »
Now that the fee is different (I paid $450 this past year), what’s the deal with upgrading back to CSR after temporarily downgrading to CFF (for approval for the CSP)? Will they hit me with a brand new fee or let it ride since I paid one earlier this year? It (hopefully) won’t be downgraded long enough to get a prorated refund.
I can tell you that for me, I had just been charged the 550 AF within the past couple weeks along with the 100 credit to bring it down to 450, and two days after I downgraded they posted a refund for the full 550. So even if they charge me the full 550 again when I upgrade, I'll have gotten that extra 100 credit.  :)

Offline 1avigrun

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5347 on: June 17, 2021, 05:05:19 PM »
I can tell you that for me, I had just been charged the 550 AF within the past couple weeks along with the 100 credit to bring it down to 450, and two days after I downgraded they posted a refund for the full 550. So even if they charge me the full 550 again when I upgrade, I'll have gotten that extra 100 credit.  :)
so your saying you just got $100 for free😉

Offline Cat18

• View Profile
« Reply #5348 on: June 28, 2021, 12:40:50 PM »
How long does it take for $100 global entry charge to actually post?

Am downgrading my CSR on June 30, and wondering if it’s worth to risk paying the application fee today. Need time for charge to post, then for the credit to post as well.

Offline Cat18

• View Profile
« Reply #5349 on: June 28, 2021, 08:43:44 PM »
Is it risky to pay for peloton today for someone else, if downgrading my reserve card on 6/30? Only doing so can use up $120 credit.

Offline saul613

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
    • yourgelt.com
« Reply #5350 on: July 04, 2021, 03:56:06 AM »
Thanks for that data point. I also just got charged the $550 and a $450 credit. I am planning to downgrade to get the CSP, but I made one last use of the CSR by redeeming points towards the full annual fee of $550 at 1.5 value (I don't travel much so this is my best redemption), which worked even after the $100 credit had already posted. I don't think doing that will cause any issues getting the annual fee refunded when I do downgrade.

Offline ShimshonK

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5351 on: July 14, 2021, 12:43:12 AM »
https://www.cnbc.com/select/chase-sapphire-reserve-annual-fee/

"the [$550 AF] increase is officially happening for all Chase Sapphire Reserve cardholders as of Aug. 1"

Offline HoKo

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5352 on: July 14, 2021, 05:58:49 PM »
Hi, I'm new here and I got approved for the Sapphire Reserve 100K.  I also have Chase Freedom Unlimited and Chase Freedom. I'll have to learn how to combine all 2 or 3.

Start by understanding how the Chase UR ecosystem works. Posts like these can be a useful starting point: https://frequentmiler.com/chase-ultimate-rewards/ or https://thepointsguy.com/guide/sweet-spots-chase-ultimate-rewards/

Just keep in mind that TPG tends to be very focused on generating credit card applications...on the other hand their content tends to be more geared towards newbies so it could be a good way for you to avoid getting overwhelmed.

Offline ae123

• View Profile
« Reply #5353 on: July 16, 2021, 05:51:52 PM »
Any recent data points if people are still getting a $150-$250 credit by calling the retention department?
Thanks.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #5354 on: July 16, 2021, 05:54:55 PM »
To answer the question- I upgraded back two weeks after downgrading, before an annual fee refund hit my account. I wasn’t hit with a new annual fee since, but also am not receiving the benefits again (DoorDash, travel) which I believe is new. Also note it was to a Freedom Flex  so the account number changed twice (if that matters).

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #5355 on: July 16, 2021, 05:58:25 PM »
Start by understanding how the Chase UR ecosystem works. Posts like these can be a useful starting point: https://frequentmiler.com/chase-ultimate-rewards/ or https://thepointsguy.com/guide/sweet-spots-chase-ultimate-rewards/

Just keep in mind that TPG tends to be very focused on generating credit card applications...on the other hand their content tends to be more geared towards newbies so it could be a good way for you to avoid getting overwhelmed.
Your answers have been very helpful and friendly for newbies, which is a breath of fresh air. Still, why not point him towards the many useful posts on this website, which helped many of us (me included) get started, instead of competing websites? It’s technically a violation of forum rule #6 as well.

Offline HoKo

• View Profile
« Reply #5356 on: July 16, 2021, 09:26:23 PM »
Your answers have been very helpful and friendly for newbies, which is a breath of fresh air. Still, why not point him towards the many useful posts on this website, which helped many of us (me included) get started, instead of competing websites? It’s technically a violation of forum rule #6 as well.

Thanks, and to answer your question, no particular reason other than those were the first couple that came up when I did a quick Google search. I’m also not aware of Dan publishing a guide of this exact nature. Closest thing I could find is the link below but this blog post is more geared towards providing guidance on the best combination of Chase UR cards and which card to use where. The question I was responding to was more focused on getting a holistic understanding of the UR ecosystem and how to redeem effectively.

https://www.dansdeals.com/credit-cards/ultimate-comparison-chart-chase-ultimate-rewards-cards-supercharge-earnings-creating-chase-quinfecta-killer-combo/

Offline shmoe joe

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
give some love (likes) to a brother!

Offline TBD

• View Profile
« Reply #5358 on: July 19, 2021, 12:25:34 AM »
70,000 in branch sign up
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/chase-sapphire-reserve-70000-points-signup-bonus-branch-offer-begins-7-18/amp/
https://www.dansdeals.com/credit-cards/smoking-hot-highest-ever-signup-bonus-earn-100000-points-chase-sapphire-preferred-card/

Also available is a 60,000 point offer on the Sapphire Reserve card, but you will be better off applying for this card and converting it to a Reserve card down the line.

Offline Cat18

• View Profile
« Reply #5359 on: July 19, 2021, 12:26:47 AM »
Just got approved for preferred. How long have to wait till ask to upgrade to reserve?