Author Topic: SAM28 DUBAI/ Uman / Budapest Kerestir TR.  (Read 9552 times)

Offline sam28

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
SAM28 DUBAI/ Uman / Budapest Kerestir TR.
« on: June 15, 2020, 03:36:13 PM »

Dubai TR 02/19

I dreamed about going to Dubai for four years. Twice I had tickets but always had to cancel and finally this time it happened and I went with my dear wife.

Planning

Part of going to Dubai was trying to get a flight with EK first class. I was looking to leave on Motze Shabbos or Sunday morning. But I could only find one available first class ticket, so I ended up booking business class for us.

Our EK flight we booked with Alaska points 82.5K each.

Flight # EK204 leaving JFK 10:40 am arriving DXB 8:10 am it was the A380

We checked in, there were no lines and headed straight to the lounge. Once we were there you board the aircraft from the lounge. It was a nice lounge and the service was great.

The A380 top floor they have first class and the rest is business class.

The flight was amazing. The service was great. The have a lounge with a bar in back of the top floor. They make you good drinks. It was a long flight, we couldn’t sleep much because it was a day flight and when we landed in Dubai it was the next morning.

Check in in JFK

lounge

Flight for the day/night

The bar on the flight

Our kosher meal which I did not eat

When we arrived at DXB we had no issues. I did wear a cap but I still looked Jewish. We went through customs with no problems, and we had kosher milk and meat.
After getting out of customs I bought sim cards in the airport. I was told it isn’t easy to find it’s near the Dubai Bank.

I ordered an Uber. It was there in 2 minutes. Most of the Uber cars in Dubai are black Lexus. It was amazing how nice the Uber drivers are and it’s so cheap there. They all speak English. I would not rent a car there it saves you time and money.

Our Uber

On our way to our hotel getting a glimpse of the Burj Khalifa

When we looked at hotels we didn’t know which area we want to stay. In the end we booked Waldorf Astoria Dubai Palm Jumeirah. It’s a beautiful hotel in a real nice area with the beach to relax. We paid with Hilton points.

I used 240K Hilton points for a 3-night stay.

The hotel, the view and the service were all amazing. If I’d have more time to just sit and relax in the hotel I would but it wasn’t an option.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2020, 03:55:23 PM by sam28 »

Offline sam28

• View Profile
Re: SAM28 DUBAI/ Uman / Budapest Kerestir TR.
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2020, 10:05:31 AM »
Monday morning:  First day

We got to the hotel around 10am. Till we were checked in was 11. They gave us some issues because it was booked under someone else Hilton account but my name was on the reservation. In the end they let us in.

Check in

Some picture of our room and hotel

When we arrived we were so tired, even though we wanted to go out and do something we couldn’t. I took a shower, davened and went to bed.
They gave us a microwave and a big refrigerator in our room all our food had place.

We got up at about four o’clock. We sat outside at the pool and the beach. The weather was 75 degrees sunset was beautiful with some good drinks. Then we went back to bed and called it a night.

Online Mordyk

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Some of this and some of that.
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2020, 10:15:34 AM »
Thanks! keep em coming!
#TYH

Offline Yehoshua

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2020, 06:33:08 PM »
Nice TR! Looks like a nice time so far.

Offline sam28

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2020, 10:11:00 PM »
Thanks! keep em coming!

thanks sure will

Offline sam28

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2020, 10:11:25 PM »
Nice TR! Looks like a nice time so far.

Thanks

Offline sam28

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2020, 10:11:49 AM »
Day 2 Feb 12

We woke up bright and early. It was cloudy and a little rainy. We had booked a morning boat for two hours that takes you around all the sites of the main attractions in Dubai. They cancelled us due to the weather.

So we booked an ATV in the desserts by the company Big Real Adventures.

I don’t remember the price we paid. They came to pick us up from the hotel at 10am. The way to the dessert took about 50 minutes. Once we were there it wasn’t raining anymore but it was real cloudy.

When you get there they make you sign some papers. You get a T shirt with a Helmet and they teach you how to drive the ATV. It was a group of 6 ATV with a guide in front and in back.

The ride is about 2.5 hours. They stop 3 times in middle for a break to drink and to take pictures. Wow it was such fun,I loved every minute. The sand was good that day they told us because of the weather. They also took pictures of us and emailed it to us later.

The guides and the jeeps

When we were done with our tour the weather became really nice. So instead of going back to the hotel we asked our driver to take us to Dubai Miracle Garden.

That place is amazing. Everything is made out of flowers and trees. You just walk around this nice park and take in the beautiful view. It’s a relaxing place.
We were there for 1.5 hours.

Pictures of Dubai Miracle Garden

From there we took a car to Mall of the Emirates. We spent there some time. We saw a lot of expensive cars outside the mall. Then we went back to our hotel.

The skating in the mall

Every time we came back to our room it was made differently. They put down a nice note, chocolate.

Picture of the room and note

We relaxed outside at the pool and called it a night.

View of the Burj AL Arab in front of our hotel.

Sunset that night from our hotel

Offline mme

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2020, 03:51:32 PM »
Wow sounds like a lot of fun!

Offline sam28

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2020, 12:23:22 PM »
First half of the day we spent relaxing and sitting by the beach under the sun.

Some pictures of the morning by the beach /pool

They give you some cold water by the beach with ice

As per Dansdeals we booked a lunch online at Burj Al Arab for 1:30pm. So that we can go in and see the only 7-star hotel in the world. It cost us $750 for 2. We hoped we would be able to cancel once there. We hoped for the best.

We took an Uber from our hotel. Once you get to the front of the hotel I showed them my reservation. Then you cross a small bridge. We walked in took some pictures. Everything is made of gold. It’s really nice.

We went up 1 flight of stairs which takes you to a private glass elevator that takes you straight up to the restaurant.
We took a video but they told us you’re not allowed to take pictures or videos in the elevator. The views are gorgeous.

Once we got there they greet you by the door and gave us our seat. We looked around took some pictures. When we were seated we told them we can’t eat the food, we thought its only for drinks. We asked them if we can still cancel our reservation they said sure and refunded the Credit card. We told them were sorry they were really nice. They asked us if we want a picture of us we said sure. Then we went down and checked out their pools and the beach at the hotel.

The hotel is stunning and so is the views. I’d say it’s a must to visit if you’re in Dubai.
Overall we spent there about 2 hours.

Some picture of it

Some nice rides waiting outside

Inside

On our way up

In the elevator

The entrance to the Bar

The view from inside not the best pictures

The outsides of the hotel

The pool and beach

Here u see the bar from the outside how it looks up there

From there we went back to our hotel sat by the beach and relaxed a little. We booked a 5pm ticket to go up Burj Khalifa.

The Burj is located in the Dubai Mall. Once we got there we went into the mall to pick up our tickets we bought online.
The line to go up was about 20 minutes. When it was finally moving you first went into a room where they served coffee and showed a video how the building was built. It took another 15 minutes till we got to the elevator.

We bought tickets to go till the 148th floor. The first elevator takes you to the 124th floor. You go out and take another elevator to 148th floor.

It was sunset time! The place was full of people. We walked around, took some pictures and went down to the 124th floor.

On the 124th floor we watched the view as the sun set, was gorgeous. We took photographer pictures and we bought it. We also took photographer pictures on the 148th floor but that was very expensive.

We got to the mall

Model

Waiting for the first elevator it shows outside what floor it is

Sun going down not the best picture

Night view

Then we went down. Outside of the mall we watched a beautiful light water show. We walked around in the mall for some time.
Then headed back to the hotel for the night.

The water show outside

Some picture of the mall

Offline Kobe Bryant

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2020, 12:52:30 PM »
Very nice, keep it up.

Offline sam28

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2020, 03:19:48 PM »
Day 4 Feb 14

We woke up about 6am and left to the airport.

Our flight was DXB to KBP. It was a 9:30am flight, flight time was 6 hours. We flew Fly Dubai Business class. It was from the small terminal, we didn’t get to see the large Dubai Airport. 

The flight was fast and great. It was a new plane which had lie flat seats.
We went to Uman for Shabbos. It was a very nice relaxing Shabbos. We stayed at the Choshen Hotel. The service and the food was very good.

Small lounge

Bus to the flight for business class only

« Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 03:33:41 PM by sam28 »

Offline shapsam

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2020, 05:35:49 PM »
Thanks for the TR!

Can you book FlyDubai with points?

The last time I stayed at Choshen the food was not great. Any pics of Choshen/Uman?

Offline sam28

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2020, 05:31:57 PM »
Photography pictures taken on the top of BURJ KHALIFA

Offline sam28

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2020, 04:53:00 PM »
Sunday morning

We left to the airport around 9am. We took a flight to Budapest with UIA for $75.00. Flight time was less than an hour.
We rented a car in Budapest. We were heading to Reb Shayala Kerestir. Then we decided to visit the jewish quarters of Budapest. We wanted to get some food but first we walked around a little. We saw the shul, the jewish shops. We got some good food at a small restaurant.

Pictures of the jewish area and stores and the shul 

Here we bought yummy pizza

We went into a sforim store. We had a nice talk with the guy over there about yiddishkeit in Budapest.

From there we left to Kerestir. The way takes about 2 hours. When we arrived there we went in to Reb Shayalas house. It was around 7pm then. They offered us some food but we didn’t accept. We just looked around took some pictures, said some tehillim in his room, and drove up to his gravesite.

He sent someone up to open the cemetery for us because no one was there. We spent there about an hour and left to a hotel we booked a few min from there.

It’s called Andrassy Rezidencia wine and spa

It was a beautiful hotel but we only had time for a nap. Our flight back to NYC was 6:30AM. So we ordered a wakeup call for 1AM

Offline mrteethcentury21

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2020, 10:36:41 AM »
Dubai TR 02/19

I dreamed about going to Dubai for four years. Twice I had tickets but always had to cancel and finally this time it happened and I went with my dear wife.

Planning

Part of going to Dubai was trying to get a flight with EK first class. I was looking to leave on Motze Shabbos or Sunday morning. But I could only find one available first class ticket, so I ended up booking business class for us.

Our EK flight we booked with Alaska points 82.5K each.

Flight # EK204 leaving JFK 10:40 am arriving DXB 8:10 am it was the A380

We checked in, there were no lines and headed straight to the lounge. Once we were there you board the aircraft from the lounge. It was a nice lounge and the service was great.

The A380 top floor they have first class and the rest is business class.

The flight was amazing. The service was great. The have a lounge with a bar in back of the top floor. They make you good drinks. It was a long flight, we couldn’t sleep much because it was a day flight and when we landed in Dubai it was the next morning.

Check in in JFK

lounge

Flight for the day/night

The bar on the flight

Our kosher meal which I did not eat

When we arrived at DXB we had no issues. I did wear a cap but I still looked Jewish. We went through customs with no problems, and we had kosher milk and meat.
After getting out of customs I bought sim cards in the airport. I was told it isn’t easy to find it’s near the Dubai Bank.

I ordered an Uber. It was there in 2 minutes. Most of the Uber cars in Dubai are black Lexus. It was amazing how nice the Uber drivers are and it’s so cheap there. They all speak English. I would not rent a car there it saves you time and money.

Our Uber

On our way to our hotel getting a glimpse of the Burj Khalifa

When we looked at hotels we didn’t know which area we want to stay. In the end we booked Waldorf Astoria Dubai Palm Jumeirah. It’s a beautiful hotel in a real nice area with the beach to relax. We paid with Hilton points.

I used 240K Hilton points for a 3-night stay.

The hotel, the view and the service were all amazing. If I’d have more time to just sit and relax in the hotel I would but it wasn’t an option.
Awesome trip!! How much money is needed to spend 3 or 4 nights in Dubai, I mean with all expenses included? Hotel, some walks, etc.

Offline sam28

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2021, 05:23:31 PM »
Our first flight of the day

We got a few hours of sleep. The way to the airport was empty. It was terribly foggy you couldn’t see anything in front of you. But we got to the airport on time. We flew LF business with a stop in Fra for 2 hours. It was a great flight.

Our 2nd 747 upstairs

Dubai is a nice place for a good vacation. I hope to still go back again since we didn’t cover everything we had in mind too! But we had a great time!!!

I hope this TR will help u in the future

Offline Ellen

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2022, 02:07:58 AM »
@sam28 Awesome report! Looking for  a desert ATV company. Was the one you used called Big Real Adventure or Big Red Adventure? Do you have a link to their site?

Offline sam28

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2022, 10:29:12 AM »
It was Big Red Adventure and they give good service it was real fun