Author Topic: 3 Night trip to Andaz Costa Rica Papagayo  (Read 1958 times)

Offline jojog17

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist
3 Night trip to Andaz Costa Rica Papagayo
« on: March 18, 2022, 01:34:54 PM »
Trip date: Beginning of March 2022

Getting there: Flew JB from JFK-LIR  (The only Direct Flight from NY to any part of Costa Rica) It is a 5.5 Hour flight and all they have is extra legroom (which is basically free as a Mosaic ;D). I wish they had Biz class or something for this long of a flight...

Needed to fill form online before flying to show I had a vaccination and got a QR code instantly to show JB wen checking in.
Since vaccinated, we didn't need to purchase international health insurance.
I had meats and tons of food, and they check your bags through the machines but they were not paying attention and got all of it through BH. (Prayers definitely worked :) )

Rented a car from Dollar. Had to pay the insurance when I got there, and since I was paying anyways, it was only a few dollars more to get best coverage so I took it.... So had no issues upon returning.

I was only there for 3 nights so I only went out exploring for only 1 day. (I wish I was there longer to see more of Costa Rica).

I stayed in the Andaz Costa Rica Papagayo all 3 nights, they had nice Globalist Recognition. It was like a 35 minute drive from airport.
For the Free Breakfast (For globalists)  I just asked for freshly cut fruits and vegetables each day and had the freshly squeezed drinks. Also we got many smoothies from the smoothie bar by breakfast, which were made with just fresh fruits and ice. The mango was phenomenal and so were the smoothies.

For that 1 day exploring we went to Vandará Hot Springs & Adventures - https://vandara.travel/tickets/ (Use coupon: ADVENTURE5 for %5 off) and did the Vandará Full Day Pass.
My horse went haywire and started galloping away but I somehow managed to hang on. The ziplining is fun, and the slide is great and refreshing!
The drive from the hotel is like an hour and 20 min and towards the end there was some unfinished roads which were annoying to drive on...

Things to do at the hotel: Free Kayaking, Free Snorkeling (not many types of fish) and the Spa was nice and relaxing.

All in all 10/10