Poll

Is the WSJ to the right of FOX?

Yes
1 (6.7%)
No
14 (93.3%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: Is the WSJ to the right of FOX?  (Read 3075 times)

Offline Lurker

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
Re: Is the WSJ to the right of FOX?
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2020, 12:41:01 PM »
They should have left out "fairly and down the middle" and it would have been accurate.

Most Journal reporters attempt to cover the news fairly and down the middle, and our opinion pages offer an alternative to the uniform progressive views that dominate nearly all of today’s media," the note stated.

I know you believe that news is news, ie just the facts, and everything else is categorized as opinions by talking heads. I think this highlights that even the media acknowledges that the line is blurred, and even news pieces are presented with biased spin.

ETA: I think this is not only the fault of the media, but of society as a whole. Media doesn't make news; they report it. If they can only source their info from biased places, it skews the entire organization, not just the opinion pieces. See the quotes below:

The writers alleged that their colleagues in the opinion section were making their own jobs difficult, noting that some of them had been "told by sources that they won't talk to us because they don't trust that the WSJ is independent of the editorial page."

"As reporters, we have been told over the years to seek more diverse people as sources, given their overall lack of representation in our news coverage. But as long as opinion in its current state is part of our brand, we will face difficulties recruiting diverse talent and building trust with sources," they noted. "It's understandable why someone who reads about system police racism being a 'myth' in the WSJ might not trust our newsroom to be fair, honest or welcoming."

Cue the US media outlet echo chambers.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 12:50:01 PM by Lurker »
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Mtrasb

« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2020, 04:08:30 PM »

They think I am a left wing liberal.  :)

As opposed to a right wing liberal?

Offline CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2020, 04:14:13 PM »
As opposed to a right wing liberal?
What's a right wing liberal, independent?
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half