Author Topic: Nespresso Pixie?  (Read 2103 times)

Offline loveddeals

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Nespresso Pixie?
« on: August 09, 2016, 07:35:53 PM »
I am not a coffee person (drank tea all my life), but recently started coffee. Have been debating between Keurig (K-cups can be have for good price, are widely available) and Nespresso. Actually, already ordered Nespresso Pixie from Costco, should be here this Friday. Generally very good reviews online for Nespresso. Just wondering if any fellow Dan Dealers have used Nespresso Pixie, and what do they feel about it? Would you recommend it?

Where do you buy Nespresso pods? Any deals on these? Looks like we need to buy them directly from Nespresso (Nestle), and need to order a lot to get free shipping.

Offline SearchGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 103
    • View Profile
Re: Nespresso Pixie?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2016, 11:44:19 PM »
I am not a coffee person (drank tea all my life), but recently started coffee. Have been debating between Keurig (K-cups can be have for good price, are widely available) and Nespresso. Actually, already ordered Nespresso Pixie from Costco, should be here this Friday. Generally very good reviews online for Nespresso. Just wondering if any fellow Dan Dealers have used Nespresso Pixie, and what do they feel about it? Would you recommend it?

Where do you buy Nespresso pods? Any deals on these? Looks like we need to buy them directly from Nespresso (Nestle), and need to order a lot to get free shipping.
I am using Nesprsso vertuoline, very good coffee, nowhere to buy generic for these, pixie is originaline so you can buy generics, I am almost sure the taste is not a comparison, but definitely saves a lot of money, generics are plastic pods vs aluminum for authentic, other than that I'm not familiar

Offline gozalim

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2016, 03:38:12 AM »
If you're new to coffee, I'd think you'd go for K-cups (regular coffee) over Nespresso (which is espresso, and I'd think would be harsher)
also, wouldn't there be more variety/deals/availability for k-cups over nespresso pods?

Offline loveddeals

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2016, 11:45:21 AM »
I am using Nesprsso vertuoline, very good coffee, nowhere to buy generic for these, pixie is originaline so you can buy generics, I am almost sure the taste is not a comparison, but definitely saves a lot of money, generics are plastic pods vs aluminum for authentic, other than that I'm not familiar

Thanks for the reply. Any idea where can I buy the generics? I know BBB sells the generics, and I can use 5 off 15 coupon and combine that with AMEX offer for a decent price.

Offline SearchGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2016, 11:46:50 AM »
Thanks for the reply. Any idea where can I buy the generics? I know BBB sells the generics, and I can use 5 off 15 coupon and combine that with AMEX offer for a decent price.
Since I buy originals I can't tell you about genetics and what is a good brand.
I know Walmart sells them

Offline loveddeals

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2016, 11:48:16 AM »
If you're new to coffee, I'd think you'd go for K-cups (regular coffee) over Nespresso (which is espresso, and I'd think would be harsher)
also, wouldn't there be more variety/deals/availability for k-cups over nespresso pods?

Completely agree with you that k-cups has more variety/deals/availability over nespresso pods. I bought the nespresso from costco, so return wont be a hassle.

Any suggestions on what Keurig to get? Costco only has one model, K-525C, but reviews are not that good. Best Buy has K200 for 99.99 with $15 GC and 48 K-cups. They had a student deal coupon for $30 off a keurig that is now expired, but if it had worked, I would have jumped on that deal.

Offline SearchGuy

• View Profile
Nespresso Pixie?
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2016, 11:50:50 AM »
If you are going to get "good" pods for your Keurig like Starbucks etc. it will not be a big difference in price

Offline loveddeals

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2016, 11:53:22 AM »
If you are going to get "good" pods for your Keurig like Starbucks etc. it will not be a big difference in price

That might be true, but I think that wide availability of k-cups make deals possible. Plus, I think k-cups are priced at 50 cents a piece versus 70 cents for nespresso, and I think I have seen k-cups deals for about 30 cents or so (never paid too much attention till now). So, that's a big difference. Plus even Costco sells k-cups, and we know what costco does to prices :)

Offline SearchGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2016, 03:03:33 PM »
True, and again it depends if you are interested in paying more for a better coffee, and if you do Nespresso would probably be your best choice

Offline loveddeals

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2016, 03:30:08 PM »
True, and again it depends if you are interested in paying more for a better coffee, and if you do Nespresso would probably be your best choice

You honestly feel that nespresso has better coffee than Keurig? Serious question.

Have you tried keurig yourself or generally that nespresso will have better coffee (personally I also think that since nespresso is by Nestle and seems like nespresso is popular in Europe).

Offline SearchGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2016, 03:31:57 PM »
You honestly feel that nespresso has better coffee than Keurig? Serious question.

Have you tried keurig yourself or generally that nespresso will have better coffee (personally I also think that since nespresso is by Nestle and seems like nespresso is popular in Europe).
I have a Nespresso at home and a Keurig at work, I use Starbucks ($$) at work, I can tell you which one I like better

Offline loveddeals

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2016, 04:25:08 PM »
I have a Nespresso at home and a Keurig at work, I use Starbucks ($$) at work, I can tell you which one I like better

Wow, so you hate keurig so much that you would rather spend $$ at starbucks? That really say something. How's nespresso as compared to starbucks?

Did you try nespresso original line or just started with premium line?

Do you just order your pods online (from nespresso) or some other vendor? have you ever seen them on sale or other offers??

Sorry for so many questions :)

Offline SearchGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2016, 04:30:33 PM »
Wow, so you hate keurig so much that you would rather spend $$ at starbucks? That really say something. How's nespresso as compared to starbucks?

Did you try nespresso original line or just started with premium line?

Do you just order your pods online (from nespresso) or some other vendor? have you ever seen them on sale or other offers??

Sorry for so many questions :)
Let me make myself clear, I did not mean Starbucks coffee from a shop, Starbucks has their brand of K-cups and I use that.
It's called vertuoline but it doesn't necessarily mean it's a better machine or makes better coffee, it's just different types of capsules and the machine works differently program and makes a thicker cremma, capable of making bigger cups of coffee.
And BTW you can purchase Nespresso pods in other currencies and get it for a little cheaper (you need to use a CC of and ship to that country)

Offline loveddeals

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2016, 04:36:27 PM »
Let me make myself clear, I did not mean Starbucks coffee from a shop, Starbucks has their brand of K-cups and I use that.
It's called vertuoline but it doesn't necessarily mean it's a better machine or makes better coffee, it's just different types of capsules and the machine works differently program and makes a thicker cremma, capable of making bigger cups of coffee.
And BTW you can purchase Nespresso pods in other currencies and get it for a little cheaper (you need to use a CC of and ship to that country)

Thanks. So, I get that nespresso produces better coffee than keurig even when you use starbucks brand K-cups. But, then since I always add milk & sugar to my coffee (coming from land of tea), I am not sure if that will mask the taste of coffee. Decisions, decisions...

Offline sky121

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2016, 04:46:24 PM »
Buy a Moka or a good brewer and buy fresh beans. Best coffee you'll have and you'll save yourself some money.
"Not all who wander are lost"

Offline loveddeals

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2016, 04:48:47 PM »
Buy a Moka or a good brewer and buy fresh beans. Best coffee you'll have and you'll save yourself some money.

I already have aerobie and like it. But I am thinking of buying something that makes life easy, just put the pod in and coffee is ready. Pus, it will be good for my parents as they can't use aerobie. They are using Keurig at my sisters place and like the ease.