Author Topic: Walmart to buy jet.com?  (Read 7441 times)

Offline grodnoking

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
Re: Walmart to buy jet.com?
« Reply #60 on: August 11, 2016, 02:19:07 PM »
though walmart.com is a lot better from the customer (and employee) perspective than the B&M.

I agree with that 100%. All my inquiries with walmart.com where settled via email, easily and efficiently.

Calling them up not so much, but even amazon doesn't do to well in that sector IMHO.
I'm not who you think I am.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #61 on: August 11, 2016, 02:33:23 PM »
Saying WM.com isn't as bad as WM isn't saying much. I avoid WM stores like the plague.

More than half of my food items from WM.com come broken because they don't pack their items properly. Despite numerous complaints they continue to ship glass without proper packaging and every time it's a pain to have it replaced.

The notion that he can fix WM is more laughable than being able to make Jet into a real standalone Amazon competitor.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline yuneeq

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 11, 2016, 04:24:54 PM »
Saying WM.com isn't as bad as WM isn't saying much. I avoid WM stores like the plague.

More than half of my food items from WM.com come broken because they don't pack their items properly. Despite numerous complaints they continue to ship glass without proper packaging and every time it's a pain to have it replaced.

The notion that he can fix WM is more laughable than being able to make Jet into a real standalone Amazon competitor.

Didn't know that WM.com was that bad. Never ordered groceries from them yet, just electronics.
Happens to be their warehouse workers are paid $18/hour plus full benefits so you'd expect them to do a way better job.
Jet packs things pretty well so if that's the issue I don't see why Lore can't solve it.

What I would consider success for Lore:
To bring Jet to Walmart.com's current revenue within 3-4 years (and hitting profitability).
And for Walmart.com to at least double in 3 years and triple in 5.
I think that's lower than what people are expecting but still pretty good.
Visibly Jewish