Author Topic: Quick Jaunt to Boston/Hartford  (Read 2370 times)

Offline Proisrael

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG,Hilton,Club Carlson
Quick Jaunt to Boston/Hartford
« on: August 19, 2016, 12:08:50 PM »
So I had my FIL come in from Israel and we decided to go see Boston as I was running out of places to show him (been to NYC,Niagara,Washington...) so I decided on a quick 2 night vacation to Boston/Hartford area. We left on Tuesday afternoon. The drive took around 4.5 hours from Lakewood. (USE RT 15 in CT!!!!)

Drove straight to Taam China for dinner we arrived after the last table but we convinced them we would be fast and they let us sit down. I had the Crispy Beef 7/10  Beef and Broccoli 7/10 Egg Roll 4/10 Veal and vegis 7.5/10. Good fast and not breaking the bank!!

I decided to Priceline this trip and named my price of $110 (after a few lower tries) and got myself 3 rooms in the Hyatt Regency downtown!! Location wise this is PERFECT! Rooms were very nice we got upgraded to the Executive Suite and were very happy with the hotel. Nice size rooms and great service!!! As it was late we did not check out the pool but in the morning the exercise room was empty and had plenty of products to choose from.

In the morning we went down to the concierge and bought the trolley tickets (37.5 I believe per adult) as we wanted to see as much as possible before the trip back. After we bought the tickets we walked to Milk St Cafe for breakfast and man this place is good!! It is not CY but you can eat things that dont have milk and the meat part is Glatt (didnt eat the meat though). Everything was 8-9/10 really great food and desserts!!!

I have done the trolley many times and always enjoy it. We did the full loop and took the harbor cruise which comes free with the trolley. The weather could not have been better with mostly Sunny and low 80's and no humidity.

After the Trolley/Cruise we went to faneuil hall where there is a cool place to dress up in the old Colonial army uniforms and take pictures for a donation with guns/swords etc...walked around bought some souvenirs watched a few street performers and headed back for dinner. Took the T to Brookline, I was hoping to go to Rami but that didnt work out so we walked to Rubins which was closed for renovations and decided on Cafe Eilat....We got the Salmon which was 6.9/10 and the pizza 4/10 fried 5.5/10 as we were the last ones there we got all their sushi for free 2/10.

After dinner I made reservations for a night stay in the Radisson outside of Hartford. Decent place nothing to write home about but the rooms were big and clean pool was very nice and the place is decently priced so we were happy!!

The next day we decided on the Essex steam train and steam boat tour. It was 2.5 hours and we took it in first class which was a good idea as the seats sofas and a lot more comfortable. Its a great ride for kids and if you are a little into history and like seeing old places its definitely worth it to come. The cost was around  37 per person. They actually sell cookies and danishes OU Pareve and pas yisroel!! We got to see an eagle and osprey fighting over the water which was super cool!!

I will try to post a few pictures later today or next week.

Hope you enjoyed!!

Offline moko

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: Quick Jaunt to Boston/Hartford
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2016, 12:13:44 PM »
(USE RT 15 in CT!!!!)
really depends on construction. They often close a lane on the Merritt parkway for tree pruning and traffic backs up for miles

Offline Proisrael

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG,Hilton,Club Carlson
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2016, 12:22:08 PM »
really depends on construction. They often close a lane on the Merritt parkway for tree pruning and traffic backs up for miles

I guess use Waze/Google maps for that. But man it cuts the travel time!

Offline moko

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2016, 01:46:00 PM »
I guess use Waze/Google maps for that. But man it cuts the travel time!
I find (6 trips rt NYC - Boston in the past month) that on the way there Waze takes from the Hutch straight to the Merritt. On the way back it usually switches me to the 95 by rt 8 ( Trumbull)

Offline good sam

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2019, 12:29:03 AM »
I will try to post a few pictures later today or next week.
Still waiting.
If you don't care why would you comment?
HT: DMYD

Offline tzifanya54

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2019, 09:08:12 PM »

Offline bostonguy

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2019, 08:49:04 AM »
...and Rubins is still closed...alas permanently.