Author Topic: looking to buy one order of 4 coins from todays mint  (Read 34985 times)

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
Re: looking to buy one order of 4 coins from todays mint
« Reply #120 on: August 31, 2016, 10:35:59 AM »
So many false things in this statement...
1. Nobody knew it was going to pop like this.
2. I always send reminder emails.
3. My offer wasn't a low ball offer at all.  Anybody that took this deal in dansdeals made more money than I did on that transaction.  That's a fact.
4. I didn't make a fortune on these.  I locked in predeal just like my members,  at which time the market price was way lower.
5. Read my terms clearly,  I warned that the price afterwards is unknown and that I cannot afford to be a backstop for ppl
No one knew it would be 2x but people did know that it was going to be a really good coin as opposed to a mediocre deal. It also doesn't matter what u said in your terms if it was a mekack toaas to begin with. If a buyer is of the assumption that it is worth a certain amount to you and it really is worth double it is invalid. With regard to you not making so much on each coin, that may not make a difference if the inherent value of the coin before hand was much more then people thought it was.
Interesting coincidence that of all the deals, this was the time that you payed the forum owners to shut up the competition before a presale bidding war could ensue.
You always send reminder emails but every random guy does not ...
Also happen to offer buyers double the profit if they refer someone...
Now that these points were brought out! Why now did this happen?! So from your actions itself it shows how you knew some what of the value or potential value of these coins and lihalacha one would be able to back out and sell to another where he can make more!  (seems to be one big מקח טעות

I still have 3 sets which I'm not sure what to do after being offered 200 for each and now he's offering 380 himself! (I committed to him I will keep my word but to be getting only the lower price I do not agree on! )

Now the story got much better and fisure should be asked!
Submit it to BHI.
ask@businesshalacha.com

They have a fully functioning website.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 10:48:50 AM by myi »
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline pfscoins

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 31, 2016, 10:54:24 AM »
Now that these points were brought out! Why now did this happen?! So from your actions itself it shows how you knew some what of the value or potential value of these coins and lihalacha one would be able to back out and sell to another where he can make more!  (seems to be one big מקח טעות

I still have 3 sets which I'm not sure what to do after being offered 200 for each and now he's offering 380 himself! (I committed to him I will keep my word but to be getting only the lower price I do not agree on! )

Ever since the first deal I did here on DD, I have been working on getting other ones done and/or exclusivity etc. The fact that it happened with this deal was merely a coincidence. It had mostly to do with our site finally rolling out the referral features - being able to track that etc. Ask any member of mine when this was updated - it was just a week ago (after the last Plat deal).

Going forward, the plans are that EVERY deal will have that the same referral arrangement - where referrers will make the deal value for getting a referral - It's the cost of acquiring members, and I'm okay with taking a loss on the first deal in order to obtain new member.

Going in to any deal, I have purchase orders at a price in which i split with members. This deal, not only was not one of the better looking ones going in, it actually only came to fruition (as even being anything anybody wanted) several days before the release.

Look, if anybody is looking for reasons or excuses to make them feel better about themselves backing out of a deal, you can find many. The bottom line is, that's all it is though... just making yourself feel better (or less bad) about it.

To each his own.

Offline Newcc

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 31, 2016, 12:48:12 PM »
I did actually.

But got full refund when I slammed the door in UPS dudes face.  ;D
Ddfers 🙈

Offline deltastubs

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 31, 2016, 03:05:30 PM »
#RealHousewivesofDansDeals

Offline Newcc

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 31, 2016, 05:01:36 PM »
#RealHousewivesofDansDeals
HEHE... I couldn't have said it better myself.

Offline yhaller14

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Sixt plat, national ee, united 1k, hertz pc,
« Reply #125 on: August 31, 2016, 05:12:38 PM »
No one knew it would be 2x but people did know that it was going to be a really good coin as opposed to a mediocre deal. It also doesn't matter what u said in your terms if it was a mekack toaas to begin with. If a buyer is of the assumption that it is worth a certain amount to you and it really is worth double it is invalid. With regard to you not making so much on each coin, that may not make a difference if the inherent value of the coin before hand was much more then people thought it was.
-1,000, nobody knew it would be a good deal, it's just less risky because it's a cheap coin
"In the end we only regret the chances we didn't take"

Offline yhaller14

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 31, 2016, 05:19:50 PM »
I'm not sure what everybody here isn't understanding, it was not supposed to b a high profiting deal, and all the coins that buyers presold were also presold to a dealer at a very similar profit to the one you were making. After the dealers got their original stock they wanted more coins and since the price went up they started paying a higher price, the original coins that you committed @ $30 commission or whatever, nobody more money off those. And now evryone here is complaining about making more money,  but after the platinum coins I didn't see anyone here saying we should take a lower commission because he's losing money off me, it would be a different story if they were making more money off the same coins, but as for myself I didn't make any extra money well the price went up, and it would b a normal/mentschlich thing to stick your commitment even if you could get more money

Offline deal boy

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 31, 2016, 05:41:22 PM »
Umm....It wasn't any cheaper than JFK... 4*35=140

Offline pfscoins

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 31, 2016, 05:50:06 PM »
Umm....It wasn't any cheaper than JFK... 4*35=140

That's a great reference...

I had an offer from my buyers for the JFKs that was larger than what I had on these...
That deal - especially after how well Truman's and Eisenhower's did - looked much better than these did before they went on sale..

Yet, those tanked. I ended up getting way more than I needed as it took forever to sell out and so many more people got orders in. That, combined with very late shipments from the mint - as many were on back-order for weeks - caused me to lose lots of money on that deal.

Offline JTZ

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 31, 2016, 05:56:52 PM »
Yet, those tanked. I ended up getting way more than I needed as it took forever to sell out and so many more people got orders in. That, combined with very late shipments from the mint - as many were on back-order for weeks - caused me to lose lots of money on that deal.
Did everyone here offer to take less?  ;)
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Offline sddd

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 01, 2016, 02:44:32 AM »
Still paying $450 for 3 more sets of 4.
Serious inquiries only please. Pm me.

Offline sddd

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 01, 2016, 10:33:32 PM »
Still paying $450 for 3 more sets of 4.
Serious inquiries only please. Pm me.

no longer need any

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
« Reply #132 on: September 01, 2016, 11:04:58 PM »
Btw a chasuva rav said that one can't make a sale of something which is not yours nor do you own it and that's exactly what happened here everyone committed to something which they never acquired nor had in their possession!   So....
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline deal boy

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 01, 2016, 11:12:33 PM »
Btw a chasuva rav said that one can't make a sale of something which is not yours nor do you own it and that's exactly what happened here everyone committed to something which they never acquired nor had in their possession!   So....
Interesting ... Usually you can't sell something you don't own .. In this case they didn't ask you to sell it to them, but just to commit to sell it to them when you get it ...

Offline nobiggy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 01, 2016, 11:57:23 PM »
I'm not sure what everybody here isn't understanding, it was not supposed to b a high profiting deal, and all the coins that buyers presold were also presold to a dealer at a very similar profit to the one you were making. After the dealers got their original stock they wanted more coins and since the price went up they started paying a higher price, the original coins that you committed @ $30 commission or whatever, nobody more money off those. And now evryone here is complaining about making more money,  but after the platinum coins I didn't see anyone here saying we should take a lower commission because he's losing money off me, it would be a different story if they were making more money off the same coins, but as for myself I didn't make any extra money well the price went up, and it would b a normal/mentschlich thing to stick your commitment even if you could get more money
I don't believe for a second he lost money off the plat coins. I knew people buying them for $50 over for a few days after release and then $25 over for a few weeks. So of i who sells 5-10 of these has no problem I'm sure he doesn't either.

Offline yhaller14

• View Profile
« Reply #135 on: September 02, 2016, 12:01:08 AM »
I don't believe for a second he lost money off the plat coins. I knew people buying them for $50 over for a few days after release and then $25 over for a few weeks. So of i who sells 5-10 of these has no problem I'm sure he doesn't either.
But if you committed to people @$100 per.....

Offline bubbles

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 67
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 02, 2016, 12:05:33 AM »
so you'd be perfectly okay then if next time he backs out on you and decides not to buy them off you?

What did he say when you asked about mi shepara?

Offline pfscoins

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 02, 2016, 12:28:05 AM »

This is such a silly discussion. Why even opt-in if you're looking for ways out? You can't have it both ways...

And if the other party wants to cancel the purchase? One can't purchase something from somebody that doesn't own it... So why even bother with any deal?

It's seems obvious that some people here are looking to feel less guilty/bad about backing out of a fair & fully disclosed deal. Just rip the band-aid off.

Offline Cabro200

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 02, 2016, 12:43:02 AM »
Selling one set at $480 obo pm please
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 01:11:15 AM by Cabro200 »

Offline JTZ

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 02, 2016, 12:48:03 AM »
It's seems obvious that some people here are looking to feel less guilty/bad about backing out of a fair & fully disclosed deal.
This is a deals forum what did you expect?
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(