Author Topic: looking to buy one order of 4 coins from todays mint  (Read 34204 times)

Offline pfscoins

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: looking to buy one order of 4 coins from todays mint
« Reply #100 on: August 31, 2016, 07:50:53 AM »
Why the price should make a difference is..When I sold them to whomever they knew that there making x amount if money from proofing these coins, and we're happy to get a set for 200$ and have a nice margin to gain from! But as soon as the demand goes up they can't keep the margin so big and give more to the seller to be able to get ahold of them.. so all along they knew there getting a good deal! And left the seller unaware of this.. so this is a taus behind the sellers back!

The rav told me if you weren't aware it was worth double or more when you committed to 200 or he was aware it was worth alot more. Then he thinks you could back out. Otherwise there's a misheparah for someone who goes back on his word.

It WASN'T worth 2x or $400 or anywhere close to that when the deal was made.  Why is this so hard to understand?

Offline pfscoins

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 31, 2016, 07:51:59 AM »
...and what if he went bankrupt like a certain miles broker just did and didn't pay out? How would you feel?

Again with the bankruptcies? If that were the issues, then why opt in at all to the deal?

Offline grodnoking

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 31, 2016, 08:11:24 AM »
Again with the bankruptcies? If that were the issues, then why opt in at all to the deal?
Why invest your money at all if you afraid the S&P might crash? The same way you took a risk in offering people money it might not be worth, I did the same, and bought it overt the slight chance you'll back out.
I'm not who you think I am.

Offline pfscoins

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 31, 2016, 08:16:21 AM »
Why invest your money at all if you afraid the S&P might crash? The same way you took a risk in offering people money it might not be worth, I did the same, and bought it overt the slight chance you'll back out.

I read this three times and still do not understand what you mean.   Why would someone opt in to deal with another party if he thinks that they may go bankrupt?

Offline grodnoking

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 31, 2016, 08:25:00 AM »
I read this three times and still do not understand what you mean.   Why would someone opt in to deal with another party if he thinks that they may go bankrupt?
Because he is taking a risk. The same way when you invest in the S&P you are taking a risk, so to here we are taking a risk. Hopefully it's a smaller risk because Dan vouches for you, but you never know.

Offline David Smith

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: August 31, 2016, 08:36:29 AM »
That is low. Trying to play the religion card.

...and what if he went bankrupt like a certain miles broker just did and didn't pay out? How would you feel?
Of all people on this forum to be supportive of the inherent morality of fulfilling one's commitments and keeping one's word; I'd expect you to be high up there.
Who do you think you are fooling? You think you are going to pull a quick one on your Creator? Good luck with that.
JTZ

Offline pfscoins

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 31, 2016, 08:40:16 AM »
Because he is taking a risk. The same way when you invest in the S&P you are taking a risk, so to here we are taking a risk. Hopefully it's a smaller risk because Dan vouches for you, but you never know.

So going back to the beginning of the "how would you feel"  thread...  You make a deal with somebody,  and what happens after has some uncertainties and variables... Maybe you won't even have time to buy the coins at all...  Maybe the FedEx truck blows up... Maybe the price will sky rocket after....  Maybe the price will tank after...  And yes,  maybe I'll file chapter 11...  With these known unknowns,  you anyway sign up for the deal.  Isn’t that the point...  Forget the what ifs,  the deal is made.  Sometimes (like last deal (platinum)) it's a great deal for members,  even with the benefit of hindsight,  and sometimes (like this deal) it isn't.

Offline grodnoking

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 31, 2016, 08:45:41 AM »
So going back to the beginning of the "how would you feel"  thread...  You make a deal with somebody,  and what happens after has some uncertainties and variables... Maybe you won't even have time to buy the coins at all...  Maybe the FedEx truck blows up... Maybe the price will sky rocket after....  Maybe the price will tank after...  And yes,  maybe I'll file chapter 11...  With these known unknowns,  you anyway sign up for the deal.  Isn’t that the point...  Forget the what ifs,  the deal is made.  Sometimes (like last deal (platinum)) it's a great deal for members,  even with the benefit of hindsight,  and sometimes (like this deal) it isn't.
Correct, we are both taking risks on eachother.

But you still never told me how you expect all your customers to keep to their agreement they had with you because they can get away with not giving it to you and you won't be able to do anything about it, while they will get a lot more money from other people.

Offline deal boy

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 31, 2016, 08:47:37 AM »
It WASN'T worth 2x or $400 or anywhere close to that when the deal was made.  Why is this so hard to understand?
It may have not been worth 2x beforehand, but buyers definitely knew that this would be a highly profitable coin deal. Just look at how many people opened up some kind of deal for these coins!! I probably got 5 emails from different places that wanted these coins! There were reminders sent out hours before and minutes before the deal started . This was never the case by any other coin deal. By lowballing the buyers and offering them 10$ a coin, a rav is saying it is considered a mekack toaas . We thought it was making you a regular profit and you obviously knew it would make you a fortune , which we could have made ourselves.

Offline pfscoins

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 31, 2016, 08:47:49 AM »
Correct, we are both taking risks on eachother.

But you still never told me how you expect all your customers to keep to their agreement they had with you because they can get away with not giving it to you and you won't be able to do anything about it, while they will get a lot more money from other people.

I have faith in humanity and in people (especially religious ones) that they'll do what they committed to.  Having said that,  I know that my conversion will be somewhat lower. 

Offline pfscoins

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 31, 2016, 08:52:24 AM »
It may have not been worth 2x beforehand, but buyers definitely knew that this would be a highly profitable coin deal. Just look at how many people opened up some kind of deal for these coins!! I probably got 5 emails from different places that wanted these coins! There were reminders sent out hours before and minutes before the deal started . This was never the case by any other coin deal. By lowballing the buyers and offering them 10$ a coin, a rav is saying it is considered a mekack toaas . We thought it was making you a regular profit and you obviously knew it would make you a fortune , which we could have made ourselves.

So many false things in this statement...
1. Nobody knew it was going to pop like this.
2. I always send reminder emails.
3. My offer wasn't a low ball offer at all.  Anybody that took this deal in dansdeals made more money than I did on that transaction.  That's a fact.
4. I didn't make a fortune on these.  I locked in predeal just like my members,  at which time the market price was way lower.
5. Read my terms clearly,  I warned that the price afterwards is unknown and that I cannot afford to be a backstop for ppl

Offline deal boy

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 31, 2016, 08:57:28 AM »
3. My offer wasn't a low ball offer at all.  Anybody that took this deal in dansdeals made more money than I did on that transaction.  That's a fact.
4. I didn't make a fortune on these.  I locked in predeal just like my members,  at which time the market price was way lower.
5. Read my terms clearly,  I warned that the price afterwards is unknown and that I cannot afford to be a backstop for ppl
No one knew it would be 2x but people did know that it was going to be a really good coin as opposed to a mediocre deal. It also doesn't matter what u said in your terms if it was a mekack toaas to begin with. If a buyer is of the assumption that it is worth a certain amount to you and it really is worth double it is invalid. With regard to you not making so much on each coin, that may not make a difference if the inherent value of the coin before hand was much more then people thought it was.

Offline David Smith

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 31, 2016, 08:58:12 AM »
Interesting coincidence that of all the deals, this was the time that you payed the forum owners to shut up the competition before a presale bidding war could ensue.
Who do you think you are fooling? You think you are going to pull a quick one on your Creator? Good luck with that.
JTZ

Offline deal boy

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 31, 2016, 08:58:26 AM »
You always send reminder emails but every random guy does not ...

Offline deal boy

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 31, 2016, 08:58:56 AM »
Interesting coincidence that of all the deals, this was the time that you payed the forum owners to shut up the competition before a presale bidding war could ensue.
Lol ... Valid point

Offline deal boy

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 31, 2016, 09:07:55 AM »
Also happen to offer buyers double the profit if they refer someone...

Offline JTZ

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 31, 2016, 09:46:32 AM »
All deals have risk vs rewards and you have to look at all of them to make an informed decision.
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Offline JTZ

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 31, 2016, 09:51:21 AM »
Of all people on this forum to be supportive of the inherent morality of fulfilling one's commitments and keeping one's word; I'd expect you to be high up there.
I would never back out of the deal. What does that have to do with me calling them as I see them?
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Offline enwhycee

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 31, 2016, 10:29:34 AM »
With an ebay store account? Or 12.9% of fees and shipping?

No store account. Paid the fees like a schlep

Offline enwhycee

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 31, 2016, 10:30:29 AM »
I guess you didn't do the platinum coin deal...  :)

I did actually.

But got full refund when I slammed the door in UPS dudes face.  ;D