Author Topic: My Israel CheapOair tickets.  (Read 2499 times)

Offline g4ads

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
My Israel CheapOair tickets.
« on: October 06, 2012, 09:42:38 PM »
First time that I'm starting a topic on the DDF, I've been mostly a silent troll till now.

Anyways, I, like the thousands of other devout readers of DD, bought a set (my wife, myself, and my infant) of tickets to Israel.

I originally started purchasing the tickets on Expedia, but my FIL commandeered those tickets ($1,005 for 2) from me as I was filling out the names, so I went back to Expedia to buy a 2nd set of tickets.

Expedia at that point went up to $600 a ticket. I looked on the comments on DD and saw that someone wrote that you can buy tickets still on CheapOair.com for cheap.

I went on CheapOair and booked 2 tickets for $405 a ticket. I was excited to see that an hour later I recieved a confirmation email from Cheapoair that my tickets are confirmed.

Of course like the rest of the people who got tickets I was anxious to find out if El-Al would be honoring it. when the twitter came out that they were honoring it, I was excited.

I called El-Al a few days later, because i did not receive an e-ticket, El-AL then informed me that I dont actually have a ticket. They told me that I have a confirmation, but it would cost $1,100 to actually book that ticket.

Several phone calls between CheapOair, between threats of law suits, government regulations, and kissing up to who ever would listen to me at cheapOair, I came to the conclusion that i just wasn't going to get those tickets.

Fast forward 2 months, I received a voice mail from CheapOair that they want to talk to me about possible flight options.
I called them back and they said if I was still interested, they may be able to find similar options for me to get to Israel.

So CheapOair called me again, and again, but after what happened earlier I wasn't about to book through them again, beside, I didnt believe they could match it.

The bottom line is, they were able to get me 2 tickets on the same days as I had originally wanted to fly, through AirFrance for $911!

Kudos to CheapOair.

Offline LeeW

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
Re: My Israel CheapOair tickets.
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2012, 09:52:20 PM »
What were the dates of your original ticket? Was this a one time deal? Can I call and ask for the same price on tickets?

Offline Centurion

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: spg plat,avis pres ,hertz plat ,AAexcutime, delta plat,hilton gold, united
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2012, 11:45:29 PM »
please if you have DETAILS.
i would love to do the same .
you can only make a first impression ONCE

Offline Mordy788

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
My Israel CheapOair tickets.
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2012, 04:47:48 AM »
First time that I'm starting a topic on the DDF, I've been mostly a silent troll till now.

Anyways, I, like the thousands of other devout readers of DD, bought a set (my wife, myself, and my infant) of tickets to Israel.

I originally started purchasing the tickets on Expedia, but my FIL commandeered those tickets ($1,005 for 2) from me as I was filling out the names, so I went back to Expedia to buy a 2nd set of tickets.

Expedia at that point went up to $600 a ticket. I looked on the comments on DD and saw that someone wrote that you can buy tickets still on CheapOair.com for cheap.

I went on CheapOair and booked 2 tickets for $405 a ticket. I was excited to see that an hour later I recieved a confirmation email from Cheapoair that my tickets are confirmed.

Of course like the rest of the people who got tickets I was anxious to find out if El-Al would be honoring it. when the twitter came out that they were honoring it, I was excited.

I called El-Al a few days later, because i did not receive an e-ticket, El-AL then informed me that I dont actually have a ticket. They told me that I have a confirmation, but it would cost $1,100 to actually book that ticket.

Several phone calls between CheapOair, between threats of law suits, government regulations, and kissing up to who ever would listen to me at cheapOair, I came to the conclusion that i just wasn't going to get those tickets.

Fast forward 2 months, I received a voice mail from CheapOair that they want to talk to me about possible flight options.
I called them back and they said if I was still interested, they may be able to find similar options for me to get to Israel.

So CheapOair called me again, and again, but after what happened earlier I wasn't about to book through them again, beside, I didnt believe they could match it.

The bottom line is, they were able to get me 2 tickets on the same days as I had originally wanted to fly, through AirFrance for $911!

Kudos to CheapOair.

Wow!!! Any chance you can provide the fare class to us or fare basis code?
You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take. –Wayne Gretzky

Offline Yoel

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 18
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Gold Medallion, Premier Platinum
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2012, 07:08:37 PM »
$911 for both?

Offline smart brit

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1