Topic Wiki

Try calling amex, many people have been offered 50k for $10k spend when upgrading

50k https://www262.americanexpress.com/business-card-application/upgrade/pa/business-platinum-charge-card/login/44926-9-1-WOC0000416
25K bonus sign up link
DEAD
Alternative 30K bonus sign up link DEAD
(Go Incognito if the link does not work for you.) Sometimes you have to go thru the entering cc info route, bec. the user id route doesn't work sometimes.

New link - https://www.americanexpress.com/us/small-business/openplatinum/benefit.do?benefitTemplate=template_a&benefitId=open.platinumupdates

Q: It's been a few days since I applied and the changes haven't taken effect yet , should I worry?
A: No. That's perfectly normal.

Q: I'm in my first year of my gold card, will I be charged the AF when I downgrade back?
A:
Yes you will

The cheshbon is that you upgrade, get the points, buy the AA GC's do the Platinum Guy's Great Mehalech, then downgrade back or close and get the Annual Fee of the Plat reimbursed. If cancelled within 60 days you get it all back; if more than 60 days it is prorated.

Author Topic: Upgrade From AMEX Business Gold To Business Platinum And Get 25K MR!  (Read 489315 times)

Offline Steven

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
Is this an email that you guys are getting for the upgrade offer?
I got an email

Offline Steven

• View Profile
is there any offer # to refrence when trying to get this upgrade?
25,000 Membership Rewards bonus points applies to your first purchase on the Business Platinum Card by 12/31/11 and is available for first-time upgrades to Business Platinum Card only. You are eligible to earn bonus points for only one Card account. Additional Card members are not eligible. Bonus points will be credited to your Membership RewardsŪ account 6 to 8 weeks after your first purchase. No minimum purchase required. Bonus ID 5672.

Now that I actually read the fine print, I hope they aren't so makpid about it..

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
Now that I actually read the fine print, I hope they aren't so makpid about it..

I doubt they are makpid.
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline zale

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
So what was the conclusion? Is there a hard credit pull for upgrading or no? I now see this offer when I log in to my Amex account...

Offline Drago

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 18
    • View Profile
So what was the conclusion? Is there a hard credit pull for upgrading or no? I now see this offer when I log in to my Amex account...
The offer just pops up, or do u need to look s/w?

Offline Steven

• View Profile
I doubt they are makpid.
I upgraded, downgraded and upgraded again and didnt get the 25k the second time I upgraded. I didnt get a $200 the second time around either. They told me they saw I got it back with the first upgrade. I do hope I will get another $200 for 2012 though

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I upgraded, downgraded and upgraded again and didnt get the 25k the second time I upgraded. I didnt get a $200 the second time around either. They told me they saw I got it back with the first upgrade. I do hope I will get another $200 for 2012 though

I'm 100% sure you're eligible for that.
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline MnM1130

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
is this offer still valid? or only till 12/31..?

Offline zale

• View Profile
The offer just pops up, or do u need to look s/w?

If you have a Gold Business card, look at the statement online, and on the right side, there should be a little ad offering 25k to upgrade to plat.

If you don't see the ad, I have a link that takes you there:

https://www257.americanexpress.com/openplatinum/benefit.do?benefitTemplate=template_a&tab3=global&benefitId=open.platinumupdates#01

If you have a Gold Biz card, you should be able to upgrade it and get the 25k. ( I can't guarantee you will get the 25k though, but I don't see why you shouldn't, as long as this is your first upgrade)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 08:07:55 PM by zale »

Offline zale

• View Profile
Direct URL for Amex Plat 25k Upgrade
« Reply #69 on: January 09, 2012, 01:15:25 PM »
If you currently have an Amex Gold Biz card, there is a chance that you can get 25k for upgrading it to Plat. (and get the $200 airline credit)

There is a direct link here:

https://www257.americanexpress.com/openplatinum/benefit.do?benefitTemplate=template_a&tab3=global&benefitId=open.platinumupdates#01

I CANNOT guarantee that you will get the 25K for upgrading. However, there is no mention anywhere of this being targeted, although it may indeed be targeted.

It seems that if you've already upgraded in the past to Plat, you are not eligible for the points.

It also seems that there is no hard credit pull with this upgrade, but once again, I can't guarantee this.

Remember: YMMV

Offline Saver2000

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Direct URL for Amex Plat 25k Upgrade
« Reply #70 on: January 09, 2012, 01:20:26 PM »
You yourself posted in the original thread so obviously you know there is an existing thread about this.  WHY THE NEW THREAD??

In case you forget where it is. . .

http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=6544.0

Offline zale

• View Profile
Re: Direct URL for Amex Plat 25k Upgrade
« Reply #71 on: January 09, 2012, 01:29:10 PM »
You yourself posted in the original thread so obviously you know there is an existing thread about this.  WHY THE NEW THREAD??

In case you forget where it is. . .

http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=6544.0

Yes, but this thread is old, and has people under the impression that you need to be targeted via email. I am posting a link that (possibly) gets you directly there, which essentially is a topic of its own.

When I posted in this thread, it was in direct response to a question posed by another member.

Offline Zeeeeks

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
If you have a Gold Business card, look at the statement online, and on the right side, there should be a little ad offering 25k to upgrade to plat.

If you don't see the ad, I have a link that takes you there:

If you have a Gold Biz card, you should be able to upgrade it and get the 25k. ( I can't guarantee you will get the 25k though, but I don't see why you shouldn't, as long as this is your first upgrade)

I used this link but got this message
Quote from: AMEX
We're sorry. We are experiencing temporary system outage. Please try again later or call the toll-free number on the back of your Card.

Offline zale

• View Profile
Works just fine for me. Try clearing your cookies and cache, open in an incognito window, or use a different browser.

Offline Drago

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 18
    • View Profile
I assume that the annual fee will hit imm? That's enough of a reason to wait a bit if this offer will stick around, b/c once the fee hits, I'll want t cancel within 60 days, and then may not have a MR card

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I assume that the annual fee will hit imm? That's enough of a reason to wait a bit if this offer will stick around, b/c once the fee hits, I'll want t cancel within 60 days, and then may not have a MR card

You can always downgrade within 60 days.

Offline Zeeeeks

• View Profile
Works just fine for me. Try clearing your cookies and cache, open in an incognito window, or use a different browser.
I get the $25k screen, but it won't let me log in.

Offline zale

• View Profile
I get the $25k screen, but it won't let me log in.

Perhaps try logging into your amex account in a separate tab, then clicking the link?

Do you have a gold Biz card?

Offline Zeeeeks

• View Profile
Perhaps try logging into your amex account in a separate tab, then clicking the link?

Do you have a gold Biz card?
I still have the gold biz card.

The message is a little different once I'm logged in, I assume it must be targeted.
Quote from: AMEX
We're sorry. The system is currently not responding. Your application is important to us. Please try again later. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline jblack

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
I still have the gold biz card.

The message is a little different once I'm logged in, I assume it must be targeted..
+1