Topic Wiki

Try calling amex, many people have been offered 50k for $10k spend when upgrading

50k https://www262.americanexpress.com/business-card-application/upgrade/pa/business-platinum-charge-card/login/44926-9-1-WOC0000416
25K bonus sign up link
DEAD
Alternative 30K bonus sign up link DEAD
(Go Incognito if the link does not work for you.) Sometimes you have to go thru the entering cc info route, bec. the user id route doesn't work sometimes.

New link - https://www.americanexpress.com/us/small-business/openplatinum/benefit.do?benefitTemplate=template_a&benefitId=open.platinumupdates

Q: It's been a few days since I applied and the changes haven't taken effect yet , should I worry?
A: No. That's perfectly normal.

Q: I'm in my first year of my gold card, will I be charged the AF when I downgrade back?
A:
Yes you will

The cheshbon is that you upgrade, get the points, buy the AA GC's do the Platinum Guy's Great Mehalech, then downgrade back or close and get the Annual Fee of the Plat reimbursed. If cancelled within 60 days you get it all back; if more than 60 days it is prorated.

Author Topic: Upgrade From AMEX Business Gold To Business Platinum And Get 25K MR!  (Read 489269 times)

Offline Shmulyg

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
The response was that I would be charged a fee. I replied clarifying that I just signed up for the gold card so I am still in first year. If they still say i'll be charged I'll actually PUTPAC :\
Read the last few posts. Mesh claims it doesn't make a difference what they tell you - you won't get charged. Also, downgrade via the green card and scoop up an extra 5k, IME.

Offline DH Data Recovery

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 64
    • View Profile
I was charged when I downgraded back to gold, sent them SM and got this response:

Dear Mr. ......,

Let me check this for you right away.

I see that your Card account was upgraded from Business Gold Rewards to Business Platinum Card on March 29, 2013.

Due to this, a pro-rated annual membership fee of $187.50 for the Business Platinum Card was assessed on your account. Also, a pro-rated credit ($52.08) of the annual membership fee for Business Gold Rewards Card was issued.

Later on April 09, 2013, your Card was downgraded to the Business Gold Rewards Card. Therefore, the annual membership fee will be adjustment once again. 

In order to assist you in this matter, I've submitted a request to suspend the membership fee of $187.50 for the Business Platinum Card.

I assure that you don't have to pay this amount until the annual membership fees have been re-adjusted.

I hope this information helps. Should there be anything else that we may assist you with, feel free to contact us again.

We value the relationship built with you since 2001 and wish you an excellent day ahead.

Sincerely,   

Umang Gupta
Email Servicing Team
American Express Customer Care

Offline Shmulyg

• View Profile
I was charged when I downgraded back to gold, sent them SM and got this response:

Dear Mr. ......,

Let me check this for you right away.

I see that your Card account was upgraded from Business Gold Rewards to Business Platinum Card on March 29, 2013.

Due to this, a pro-rated annual membership fee of $187.50 for the Business Platinum Card was assessed on your account. Also, a pro-rated credit ($52.08) of the annual membership fee for Business Gold Rewards Card was issued.

Later on April 09, 2013, your Card was downgraded to the Business Gold Rewards Card. Therefore, the annual membership fee will be adjustment once again. 

In order to assist you in this matter, I've submitted a request to suspend the membership fee of $187.50 for the Business Platinum Card.

I assure that you don't have to pay this amount until the annual membership fees have been re-adjusted.

I hope this information helps. Should there be anything else that we may assist you with, feel free to contact us again.

We value the relationship built with you since 2001 and wish you an excellent day ahead.

Sincerely,   

Umang Gupta
Email Servicing Team
American Express Customer Care
Were you in your first year? It doesn't seam so.

Offline DH Data Recovery

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 64
    • View Profile
Nope

Offline meshugener

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Freedom 10X10 Exclusives, Avis Presidents Club, National Executive, Hertz 5 Star, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
+1
Why didnt they refund the $52.08?
Love me or hate me. I still love you.

Offline Shmulyg

• View Profile
Nope
So that's a whole different discussion. We're talking about those in their first year.

Offline noturbizniss

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
So that's a whole different discussion. We're talking about those in their first year.
Exactly. I didn't get charged originally,so I should not be charged now when downgrading back.
READ THE DARN WIKI!!!!

Chuck Norris...
...can still do FT method
...READS THE WIKI!!!

Offline MamaRochel

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
signing up now with the link, Im pretty new to all this stuff but just to double check- Once I get the points posted to my account I can cancel the plat card? will i still get the $200 credit? Will I get the actual card and be able to have lounge access? How long do I have to cancel? thanks!

Offline Shmulyg

• View Profile
signing up now with the link, Im pretty new to all this stuff but just to double check- Once I get the points posted to my account I can cancel the plat card?
Yes.
will i still get the $200 credit?
Yes.
Will I get the actual card and be able to have lounge access?
Yes. (Though, after you cancel, it will depend.)
How long do I have to cancel?
60 days.

Offline MamaRochel

• View Profile
THANKS SO MUCH :)
Applied now I just have to wait and see what happens

Offline dove

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
Excuse my ignorance does this offer make a hard pull????

Offline Shmulyg

• View Profile
Excuse my ignorance does this offer make a hard pull????
No.

Offline dove

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile

Offline MamaRochel

• View Profile
I see that It switched on my account to plat but not points posted-do I need to make a purchase on the card? Where do I go to chose the airline credit? Thanks!

Offline Shmulyg

• View Profile
I see that It switched on my account to plat but not points posted-do I need to make a purchase on the card?
Officially you need to make a purchase (you can do it on the Gold and it will count).

Where do I go to chose the airline credit? Thanks!
https://americanexpress.com/airlinechoice

Offline MamaRochel

• View Profile
thanks so so much! would you do continental or Jetblue?

Offline MamaRochel

• View Profile
why did I think that I get a $200 voucher? It says that I get 200 in incidental fees?...sorry Im so slow!

Offline Shmulyg

• View Profile
why did I think that I get a $200 voucher? It says that I get 200 in incidental fees?...sorry Im so slow!
Read the wiki of this thread: http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=3802.0
Hope it answers all your questions. And post any subsequent questions there.

Offline harrym

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
applied for Biz Plat 100k 5k spend back in September downgraded to gold after points posted
re-upgraded to Plat with the link in wiki got now another 25k on same account  :)

Offline Moshe123

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Lost
applied for Biz Plat 100k 5k spend back in September downgraded to gold after points posted
re-upgraded to Plat with the link in wiki got now another 25k on same account  :)

Lucky. How many times can it be done?...