Author Topic: Colin Kaepernick protest against USA  (Read 47830 times)

Offline JTZ

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Colin Kaepernick protest against USA
« Reply #100 on: August 30, 2016, 09:23:36 AM »
That's why countries like Japan with no real military got rid of their flags.
Don't they use the US flag?  :P
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline yuneeq

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 30, 2016, 11:34:36 PM »
Kaepernick's real name is Zack de la Rocha, also known the frontman for Rage against the Machine.
Now it all makes sense.
Visibly Jewish

Offline coralsnake

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 30, 2016, 11:35:49 PM »
Kaepernick's real name is Zack de la Rocha, also known the frontman for Rage against the Machine.
Now it all makes sense.
ALOL! Wow
"Here at DansDeals we don’t do buses." -Dan

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 31, 2016, 12:24:25 AM »
I watched 5 or 6 different sports programs yesterday and they were all talking about. They hardly even mentioned the so called cause he was trying to bring attention to.
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Offline Freddie

• View Profile
« Reply #105 on: August 31, 2016, 01:18:27 AM »
I haven't heard of this guy before. I haven't followed football in years ('85 Bears really) but I can tell you one thing. If you would give this guy an hour of free airtime to express his views on the issue he was trying to call attention to, he wouldn't be able to say anything articulate. He doesn't even know what it is that he stood up, er I mean, sat down for. If he were intelligent and cared about the issue, he could have used his position of influence to carry his message, but he has no message, other than that he is arrogant and dumb.

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 31, 2016, 01:50:07 AM »
So only those that can articulate to your standards should speak up? If you watched his interview please post what part you didn't understand and I will try and translate it for you.

Offline Freddie

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 31, 2016, 01:54:04 AM »
Eh, stop trying to pick a fight. You already admitted upthread that you thought his actions were stupid too.

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 31, 2016, 01:57:25 AM »
Eh, stop trying to pick a fight. You already admitted upthread that you thought his actions were stupid too.
I said his actions were disrespectful. Basically saying he is a dumb ass sports jock is not the same. If I wanted to pick a fight I would have said knock of the racist comments.  :P

Offline Freddie

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 31, 2016, 01:59:14 AM »
I said his actions were disrespectful. Basically saying he is a dumb ass sports jock is not the same. If I wanted to pick a fight I would have said knock of the racist comments.  :P

I don't think he's dumb because he's an athlete. That's not a reliable stereotype. Many athletes are intelligent, especially QBs. I think he's dumb for other reasons. I could elaborate if you're interested.

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 31, 2016, 02:05:03 AM »
Here is what he said. I don't agree with it but it is clear what he is talking about.

"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color," Kaepernick told NFL Media in an exclusive interview after the game. "To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder."

Just in case anyone didn't understand the last sentence. He is talking about what he believes are innocent blacks getting killed by cops. The cops then are put on paid leave while the situation is being investigated.

Offline JayR

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
You can modify your original post. The modify button is right next to the quote button.

Offline Freddie

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 31, 2016, 02:36:09 AM »
Here is the full post-game interview.
Judge for yourself.

Offline Menachem613

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 31, 2016, 08:59:11 AM »
I haven't heard of this guy before. I haven't followed football in years ('85 Bears really) but I can tell you one thing. If you would give this guy an hour of free airtime to express his views on the issue he was trying to call attention to, he wouldn't be able to say anything articulate. He doesn't even know what it is that he stood up, er I mean, sat down for. If he were intelligent and cared about the issue, he could have used his position of influence to carry his message, but he has no message, other than that he is arrogant and dumb.

I had no problem understanding his message. Which part did you fail to comprehend?

Offline David Smith

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 31, 2016, 09:05:02 AM »
He said "Stop torturing and killing us". Kapisch?
Who do you think you are fooling? You think you are going to pull a quick one on your Creator? Good luck with that.
JTZ

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #115 on: August 31, 2016, 09:10:04 AM »
So only those that can articulate to your standards should speak up? If you watched his interview please post what part you didn't understand and I will try and translate it for you.
Troll alert :P

He said basically what you've been saying all thread. No one knows why he did it is what you've been saying, and Freddie pointed out if he had facts to back up his sentiment he should be on every news channel right know displaying how his views are justified. He would get any and every interview he wants right now.
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline Menachem613

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 31, 2016, 09:13:52 AM »
You guys are claiming that you didn't understand him or that he didn't have facts. What you really mean is that you disagree with him. Be honest.

Offline Menachem613

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 31, 2016, 09:18:27 AM »
Anyone that's traveled extensively knows what an amazing nation this is.

There are better ways to protest than when we honor those who gave their lives for our freedom.

#VeteransForKaepernick

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 31, 2016, 09:30:25 AM »
Troll alert :P

He said basically what you've been saying all thread. No one knows why he did it is what you've been saying, and Freddie pointed out if he had facts to back up his sentiment he should be on every news channel right know displaying how his views are justified. He would get any and every interview he wants right now.
You can troll, we don't mind.

Nobody knows why he did it because they don't care why. If you listen to him you know exactly why he says he did it but here is my counter point made by a hot blonde.

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #119 on: August 31, 2016, 09:33:24 AM »
You can troll, we don't mind.

Nobody knows why he did it because they don't care why. If you listen to him you know exactly why he says he did it but here is my counter point made by a hot blonde.

The noobs may let you get away with flopping but you can't fool me. Play devil's advocate all you want, just don't expect me not to call a flip when I see it.

It takes a special type of troll to always speak to vague they can say whatever they want and act like they never said an opinion.
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)