Author Topic: Colin Kaepernick protest against USA  (Read 17462 times)

Offline JTZ

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Colin Kaepernick protest against USA
« Reply #135 on: August 31, 2016, 05:54:40 PM »
So stop giving a voice to anonymous loonies and don't print extremely ridiculous comparisons!
Did you read the short article. The main point was you can put a fork in this guy.

"For those of you who are unfamiliar with Carruth’s story, the former star wide receiver remains in jail after he was convicted of devising a plan to murder his pregnant girlfriend.

That seems a bit harsh. Many people feel Kaepernick’s decision to protest the national anthem is disrespectful, but he certainly doesn’t deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as Carruth."
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Offline yuneeq

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 31, 2016, 06:02:52 PM »
Did you read the short article. The main point was you can put a fork in this guy.

"For those of you who are unfamiliar with Carruth’s story, the former star wide receiver remains in jail after he was convicted of devising a plan to murder his pregnant girlfriend.

That seems a bit harsh. Many people feel Kaepernick’s decision to protest the national anthem is disrespectful, but he certainly doesn’t deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as Carruth."

I read the whole thing. Still don't agree in posting crazy comparisons that come from anonymous loonies who don't put anything on the line. It's not newsworthy until the journalist decided it is.

But yeah, Kaepernick is toast- unless he plays like a star again. And if that happens, teams will happily ignore his actions as long as it doesn't affect the bottom line, because that's all the matters at the end of the day.
Live forever or die trying.

Offline puppydogs

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 01, 2016, 01:57:57 PM »

Can't wait for tonight's game as he will get booed profusely in San Diego, when the 49ers visit the Chargers for their final preseason game. Could you imagine that tonight is “Salute to the Military” night at San Diego’s Qualcomm Stadium. Going to be EPIC.

Offline ShlockDoc

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 01, 2016, 02:02:19 PM »
Could you imagine that tonight is “Salute to the Military” night at San Diego’s Qualcomm Stadium. Going to be EPIC.

He's getting a lot of support from veterans. Many believe that his protest is exactly the freedom that they fought for...

Offline Freddie

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 01, 2016, 02:09:16 PM »
He's getting a lot of support from veterans. Many believe that his protest is exactly the freedom that they fought for...

Really? Where did you learn that? Someone took a poll? Or a few well-placed op-eds gave you that impression?

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 01, 2016, 02:10:17 PM »

I don't think it's right for him to do on it military appreciation night unless he's protesting the military.
The other times I considered it fine.

Offline puppydogs

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 01, 2016, 02:14:45 PM »
I don't think it's right for him to do on it military appreciation night unless he's protesting the military.

I don't think its ever OK to disrespect the flag. From where I come from that's a major no-no.

Offline ShlockDoc

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 01, 2016, 02:18:42 PM »
Really? Where did you learn that? Someone took a poll? Or a few well-placed op-eds gave you that impression?

There are some op-eds about it that quote individual veterans, but also look at the grassroots on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&vertical=news&q=veterans%20for%20kaepernick&src=tyah

Offline ShlockDoc

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 01, 2016, 02:19:13 PM »
I don't think its ever OK to disrespect the flag. From where I come from that's a major no-no.

Do you come from China?

Offline ShlockDoc

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 01, 2016, 02:20:08 PM »

Everyone's entitle to their opinion, but they're all arbitrary. That's why it's a great country that we can express them, and protest how we see fit...

Offline Freddie

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 01, 2016, 02:26:50 PM »
There are some op-eds about it that quote individual veterans, but also look at the grassroots on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&vertical=news&q=veterans%20for%20kaepernick&src=tyah

As I said, it makes an impression. In reality, it has little meaning. What percentage of veterans is this? 10%? 90% .01%? Even if it were .001% you could muster enough tweets to be too many for me to read in one sitting.

And this is exactly the same issue with the cause that CK is supporting. It's based on impressions and feelings. Kind of like the reverse of JTZ's impression that since he doesn't personally know anybody who left a kid in a car then it can't happen to normal people. Here, it's the reverse. It's happening EVERYWHERE! I saw it on Twitter!

Offline ShlockDoc

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 01, 2016, 02:29:40 PM »
As I said, it makes an impression. In reality, it has little meaning. What percentage of veterans is this? 10%? 90% .01%? Even if it were .001% you could muster enough tweets to be too many for me to read in one sitting.

And this is exactly the same issue with the cause that CK is supporting. It's based on impressions and feelings. Kind of like the reverse of JTZ's impression that since he doesn't personally know anybody who left a kid in a car then it can't happen to normal people. Here, it's the reverse. It's happening EVERYWHERE! I saw it on Twitter!

It's a representative sample.  From these tweets you can extrapolate to others, just as you can with tweets opposing his protest.  It's safe to say that he's getting support from veterans and opposition from veterans.  In other words, it's a complicated issue with no right side and no wrong side. 

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 01, 2016, 02:30:07 PM »
Everyone's entitle to their opinion, but they're all arbitrary. That's why it's a great country that we can express them, and protest how we see fit...

I agree. That means it's legal to protest, but it doesn't mean it's right.
You don't go to a library to protest against McDonald's.

Offline Freddie

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 01, 2016, 02:32:40 PM »
It's a representative sample.  From these tweets you can extrapolate to others, just as you can with tweets opposing his protest.  It's safe to say that he's getting support from veterans and opposition from veterans.  In other words, it's a complicated issue with no right side and no wrong side.
And you just summed up the moral position that you consistently espouse on this forum.
I'm sure you're a great guy in real life but for some reason you decided that you need to be the voice of moral relativism on this forum.

Offline ShlockDoc

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 01, 2016, 02:55:11 PM »
And you just summed up the moral position that you consistently espouse on this forum.
I'm sure you're a great guy in real life but for some reason you decided that you need to be the voice of moral relativism on this forum.

Some issues are not black and white and both sides have valid points.  Is that not a concept you agree with?