Author Topic: Amazon-Price Drop $248.96 Vitamix 1891 Blender, Platinum (Certified Refurbished)  (Read 1381 times)

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
$248.96 Vitamix 1891 Blender, Platinum (Certified Refurbished)
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K8NKYSC/?tag=cl03f-20
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline hachover

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
$248.96 Vitamix 1891 Blender, Platinum (Certified Refurbished)
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K8NKYSC/?tag=cl03f-20

Refurbished kitchen appliances may have kashrut issues, consult an LOR
I'm an optimist; but only because life isn't going to give me any other good choices.

Offline myi

• View Profile
Had that thought also! When ever they say certified refurbished or manufactured refurbished that means someone used it and returned it? Like costco or amazon where you can return an item so now the company sells it for refurbished? (most times they look brand new!,doesnt look used) 
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline hachover

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Had that thought also! When ever they say certified refurbished or manufactured refurbished that means someone used it and returned it? Like costco or amazon where you can return an item so now the company sells it for refurbished? (most times they look brand new!,doesnt look used)

Yes, sometimes. I once bought an ice cream maker from amazon that looked brand new but i could smell peanut (butter?) on the bowl. The next two they sent me also showed subtle signs of having been used and returned. So I returned all of them and bought from BBB
I'm an optimist; but only because life isn't going to give me any other good choices.

Offline ben89

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 142
    • View Profile
you never used something once or twice (or more) and then returned it?

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive PlatinumŽ
Don't know about Vitamix, but I'm looking into getting a Blendtec. They specifically state that the refurbished ones get a NEW (though it might be blemished) Jar and Blade, so I doubt whether there's an issue. Also a refurbished Blendtec carries a 7 year warranty (a new one carries an 8 year warranty).

While on the topic, anyone has any constructive feedback on high end blenders (Vitamix or Blendtec)?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 08:35:57 PM by ExGingi »
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline myi

• View Profile
Don't know about Vitamix, but I'm looking into getting a Blendtec. They specifically state that the refurbished ones get a NEW (though it might be blemished) Jar and Blade, so I doubt whether there's an issue. Also a refurbished Blendtec carries a 7 year warranty (a new one carries an 8 year warranty).

While on the topic, anyone has any constructive feedback on high end blenders (Vitamix or Blendtec)?
I bought a Vitamix from Costco, great piece , I use it all the time! Great for shakes(smoothies) a much stronger engine then all the other nock offs! 

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive PlatinumŽ

I ended up getting a Blendtec from Costco in 2017 and used extensively. Last week while make a smoothie the container burst. I needed a replacement ASAP and Home Depot had 30% off on some Blendtec Models/colors. I ordered online with free delivery, but really wanted something sooner, as quite a few household members start their day with a smoothie.

I was in Costco on Friday, and they had a Vitamix in stock but no Blendtec, so I decided to give it a try.

Here are my first impressions about the differences.

Vitamix can make a larger volume. Despite the Blendtec having a larger container 90oz vs 64oz, the Blendtec is only supposed to be filled about half way. That's a major point in favor of the Vitamix for our family (the one I bought in Costco came with two single serve cups, which are totally useless for us. Just cost more for something we don't need).

Vitamix container and cover seem to have better noise isolation, but the motor is definitely louder.

Blendtec has automatic programs which are nice when they work. Need to be careful or else an air bubble can form in a thick smoothie making the blades spin and do nothing. Blendtec has a variable speed dial, and while you can also go variable with the Blendtec, I find the dial a more natural control than the + and - buttons on the Blendtec.

That's it for my first impressions after 3 days with the Vitamix following 3.5 years with the Blendtec.

BTW, despite both having long warranties, I would always rather buy in Costco and return there than dealing with the manufacturer. Though the drawback might be that the replacement item is substantially different.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan