Author Topic: Apple iPhone 7 Event Annouced  (Read 23656 times)

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
Re: Apple iPhone 7 Event Annouced
« Reply #80 on: September 08, 2016, 09:24:16 AM »
Its pathetic. My brother is spending around $900 on an iPhone and his reason is that for the first week or two people notice it and it's cool.
Brainfart.
People spend a lot more on self gratification, if this lasts a week or two, sounds pretty good.
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline davidmal

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 239
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 08, 2016, 09:39:50 AM »
Its pathetic. My brother is spending around $900 on an iPhone and his reason is that for the first week or two people notice it and it's cool.
Brainfart.
Your the second person I've ever heard say brain fart (side note)

For most it's the number 1 device they use everyday every minute why doesn't that justify the spend
-DMC
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it ~Ferris Bueller"

Offline Emkay

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 08, 2016, 09:51:24 AM »
Your the second person I've ever heard say brain fart (side note)

For most it's the number 1 device they use everyday every minute why doesn't that justify the spend
Because the alternative is what it is.

Offline zale

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 08, 2016, 10:08:45 AM »
Ya, based on some googling it seems a new case is required for best performance.

Question now is what case. I've been using the Otterbox Defender and it's amazing especially with a kid that throws our phones multiple times a day. Are other cases as good as the defender? Would love to get something slimmer...

Get this: http://www.spigen.com/products/iphone-6-case-tough-armor-s-4-7?variant=1154344701

That is, unless you let your little children play with your phone, in which case you will need the Defender.

I wish Apple would make a durable enough phone so that a case is not required at all. What's the point of spending all that effort on the design when you will NEVER get to see it over the life of the phone? Oooh, look at that Jet Black shiny phone... in the case?

Offline mendy from lakewood

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 26
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Premier 1K, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, National EE, Hertz Presidential.
« Reply #84 on: September 08, 2016, 10:40:59 AM »
Amazing http://appleplugs.com/

Turn your iPhone 6 into a 7 for free ;)
is this a joke??
"Respect is earned, Honesty is appreciated, Trust is gained, Loyalty is returned"

Offline yuneeq

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 08, 2016, 10:45:42 AM »
Visibly Jewish

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #86 on: September 08, 2016, 10:48:02 AM »
Get this: http://www.spigen.com/products/iphone-6-case-tough-armor-s-4-7?variant=1154344701

That is, unless you let your little children play with your phone, in which case you will need the Defender.

I wish Apple would make a durable enough phone so that a case is not required at all. What's the point of spending all that effort on the design when you will NEVER get to see it over the life of the phone? Oooh, look at that Jet Black shiny phone... in the case?
Yup kid throws it around all the time. Defender it is I guess unless I hear of a slimmer case that works as well.

Offline Z56

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold, National EE, Hertz GP, Avis PP
« Reply #87 on: September 08, 2016, 01:26:10 PM »

They sell this case on Amazon for much cheaper iPhone 7 Case, Spigen [Tough Armor] HEAVY DUTY [Gunmetal] EXTREME Protection / Rugged but Slim Dual Layer Protective Case for iPhone 7 (2016) - (042CS20489) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GIVWY30/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_p8z0xbPKBKM07
“I have nothing in common with lazy people who blame others for their lack of success. Great things come from hard work

Offline cozmohoot

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 08, 2016, 01:51:19 PM »

+1 to the last point. Defender is ugly and kills the classyness of the phone. I know people bang up their stuff and need it...

Offline davidmal

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 08, 2016, 01:54:42 PM »
Nice feature is sound tunnel
To direct the speakers forward

But that also means it's longer
-DMC
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it ~Ferris Bueller"

Offline davidmal

• View Profile
« Reply #90 on: September 08, 2016, 02:26:40 PM »
T-Mobile has opened pre-registrations for new and existing customers to get the upcoming Apple iPhone 7 32GB Smartphone for free with the trade-in of an iPhone 6 or newer. (Trade-ins will begin on Friday September 9 at 3:01 am ET; you'll receive an email reminder.) That's the first offer we've seen for the iPhone 7, which was revealed yesterday. These new smartphones are water- and dust-resistant and feature a new A10 Fusion quad-core processor, "Taptic" force-sensitive home button, and 7-megapixel FaceTime HD camera. Click here for full details of the phone's features.

Of note, T-Mobile will also offer the Apple iPhone 7 Plus 32GB Smartphone for $120 via the same process.
https://explore.t-mobile.com/apple-iphone-7-and-iphone-7-plus

0 after 24-month finance agreement. If you cancel wireless service, remaining balance at full price is due. For well-qualified customers via bill credits with a 24-month finance agreement and qualifying service; + taxes and fees.
Read more at https://explore.t-mobile.com/apple-iphone-7-and-iphone-7-plus#qtY66OMQDpZuVPJj.99

------

Sounds like your paying for the full thing

then wheres the point to trade in?
-DMC

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 08, 2016, 02:54:01 PM »
T-Mobile has opened pre-registrations for new and existing customers to get the upcoming Apple iPhone 7 32GB Smartphone for free with the trade-in of an iPhone 6 or newer. (Trade-ins will begin on Friday September 9 at 3:01 am ET; you'll receive an email reminder.) That's the first offer we've seen for the iPhone 7, which was revealed yesterday. These new smartphones are water- and dust-resistant and feature a new A10 Fusion quad-core processor, "Taptic" force-sensitive home button, and 7-megapixel FaceTime HD camera. Click here for full details of the phone's features.

Of note, T-Mobile will also offer the Apple iPhone 7 Plus 32GB Smartphone for $120 via the same process.
https://explore.t-mobile.com/apple-iphone-7-and-iphone-7-plus

0 after 24-month finance agreement. If you cancel wireless service, remaining balance at full price is due. For well-qualified customers via bill credits with a 24-month finance agreement and qualifying service; + taxes and fees.
Read more at https://explore.t-mobile.com/apple-iphone-7-and-iphone-7-plus#qtY66OMQDpZuVPJj.99

------

Sounds like your paying for the full thing

then wheres the point to trade in?

FWIU, you trade it in and pay full price for the 7.
Then over 24 months you slowly get "paid back" in full for the iPhone 7 via credits on your monthly bill.
If you leave TMobile before 24 months you lose the remaining bill credits.
Visibly Jewish

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 08, 2016, 03:12:44 PM »
IMHO Apple is penny-wise and pound-foolish doing away with the headphone jack. If the wireless airbuds are so great, people will pay $139 for them even if their phone has a headphone jack. Their "courage" is going to cost them marketshare.

/rant

So who's going to wait for September 9 12:01  to order?

People in the know can order it sooner ;)

#PMbait /ducks

So now people can't use headphones and charge the phone at the same time? Unless they buy a $50 adaptor for that...

FWIU, you trade it in and pay full price for the 7.
Then over 24 months you slowly get "paid back" in full for the iPhone 7 via credits on your monthly bill.
If you leave TMobile before 24 months you lose the remaining bill credits.

Great, instead of them subsidizing the phone, the customer does... I guess this is the new "Free phone with 2yr agreement", nice... NOT!
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 08, 2016, 03:21:06 PM »
IMHO Apple is penny-wise and pound-foolish doing away with the headphone jack. If the wireless airbuds are so great, people will pay $139 for them even if their phone has a headphone jack. Their "courage" is going to cost them marketshare.

/rant

Don't know why people are getting confused about the Airpods.
They have nothing to do with removing the jack.
Compatible wireless headphones (including apple-made products) have existed for years.
And they still come with compatible wired earbuds that most people will use.

Great, instead of them subsidizing the phone, the customer does... I guess this is the new "Free phone with 2yr agreement", nice... NOT!

Why would anyone give you a free phone if you're not on a contract?
What free stuff are you giving away?
They are simply offering free upgrades to people who plan to stick with their service for 2 more years.

Fair deal if you ask me.
Visibly Jewish

Offline davidmal

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 08, 2016, 03:22:45 PM »
I've been using a similar device but the mic doesn't compare to apple's mic and Siri doesn't work well
-DMC

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 08, 2016, 03:26:29 PM »
People in the know can order it sooner ;)
Wow! Estimated delivery date 9/14!

Idk how you did that, but got the email!

Offline davidmal

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 08, 2016, 03:40:14 PM »
Wow! Estimated delivery date 9/14!

Idk how you did that, but got the email!
don't hold your breathe

I doubt anyone will get it before September 16
-DMC

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 08, 2016, 03:41:52 PM »
To break it down further, it's worth it to trade in only if you're willing to stay with T-Mobile for at least 11-12 months. The reason being- the phone you will be trading can be purchased for $300 (example), and if you switch carriers after 11 months you'll be responsible for $350, for a total of $650 paid to upgrade to the 7. Every additional month you stay afterwards is an extra $27 off your bill that you wouldn't have gotten otherwise. So the approximate value of staying with T-Mobile for the full 24 months is approximately $350.
Visibly Jewish

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 08, 2016, 03:47:37 PM »
Don't know why people are getting confused about the Airpods.
They have nothing to do with removing the jack.
Compatible wireless headphones (including apple-made products) have existed for years.
And they still come with compatible wired earbuds that most people will use.

You're suggesting it's a coincidence?

Then why use a proprietary standard on their airpods? and why charge $9 for a lightning-to-headphone-jack adapter? and $49 for a stupid "dock" so you can charge and listen at the same time?
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline davidmal

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 08, 2016, 03:49:37 PM »
Amazing http://appleplugs.com/

Turn your iPhone 6 into a 7 for free ;)
  I finally got to see this!!!

this is EPIC!!!

i thought it was going to show you all the apps etc you can get to compensate for not having it but this is really awesome!
-DMC