Author Topic: Lakewood Baby Left In Car  (Read 13255 times)

Offline yuneeq

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Interesting Articles...
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2016, 10:16:42 AM »
So let see if I understand this. If I was juggling ten things at once and it happened to me then my experience would make me an expert?

I guess having four kids for 30+ years means no experience. I am only one person but 0 experience is laughable because it didn't happen to me.

Experience means you personally know parents that were responsible/irresponsible that it happened to, where you can narrow down the cause of death. Are you also an expert in mental illness, because you lived a long life and never went insane?

This is a very rare occurrence, so yes most good parents would not know that it can happen until it does. It has for a fact happened to very responsible parents. The truth is if parents didn't think they were so infallible fewer babies would die. There are many devices that help prevent accidental deaths but they all end up as commercial failures because every parent believes that they are responsible and that it could never happen to them.
Visibly Jewish

Offline JTZ

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2016, 10:20:55 AM »
Wouldn't experience also be like have you ever forgot your child at a party, friends/parents house and things like that without anything bad happening?
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Offline David Smith

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2016, 10:33:08 AM »
So let see if I understand this. If I was juggling ten things at once and it happened to me then my experience would make me an expert?

I guess having four kids for 30+ years means no experience. I am only one person but 0 experience is laughable because it didn't happen to me.
Over those 30+ years, was there never a second that your kids were with you at home/in the store/at someone's house/in the park ect, and you didn't know their exact whereabouts?
Who do you think you are fooling? You think you are going to pull a quick one on your Creator? Good luck with that.
JTZ

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2016, 10:40:14 AM »
Over those 30+ years, was there never a second that your kids were with you at home/in the store/at someone's house/in the park ect, and you didn't know their exact whereabouts?
Sure there was and sometimes it resulted in uncalled for panic. I can honestly say I don't remember a time I forgot them and left them somewhere. We just look at this different as juries have. A terrible tragedy no matter if you think it can happen to anyone or not.
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2016, 10:46:23 AM »
I happen to know someone who this happened to and he is a very responsible person. My parents dealt with him in his professional capacity.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline David Smith

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 01, 2016, 10:46:51 AM »

Sure there was and sometimes it resulted in uncalled for panic.

I'm guessing you love your children very much, would never want any harm to happen to them, and consider yourself a responsible parent. I'm sure your children, your family members, and people who know you personally would say the same.
Who do you think you are fooling? You think you are going to pull a quick one on your Creator? Good luck with that.
JTZ

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 01, 2016, 11:17:37 AM »
Sure there was and sometimes it resulted in uncalled for panic. I can honestly say I don't remember a time I forgot them and left them somewhere. We just look at this different as juries have. A terrible tragedy no matter if you think it can happen to anyone or not.

I think a good example is if someone's wife always takes the kid to the babysitter, one day she can't take him and the husband takes the kid. Then on the way to dropping him off he gets a call that a relative or good friend passing away, all while the kid is sleeping in a car seat that's directly behind his seat. Meanwhile the baby sitter is on the way to his work and he's too distracted to realize he passes it. If this happened to a responsible parent that you know personally, would you accuse them of negligence? Have you never been so distracted that you cannot fathom something like this happening to anyone?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 11:27:00 AM by yuneeq »
Visibly Jewish

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 01, 2016, 11:27:35 AM »
I think a good example is if someone's wife always takes the kid to the babysitter, one day she can't take him and the husband takes the kid. Then on the way to dropping him off he gets a call that a relative or good friend passing away, all while the kid is sleeping in a car seat that's directly behind his seat. Meanwhile the baby sitter is on the way to his work and he's too distracted to realize he passes it. If this happened to a responsible parent that you know personally, would you accuse them of negligence? Have you never been so distracted that you cannot fathom something like this happening to anyone?
This is different than leaving one of a few when going to a store though.

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 01, 2016, 11:28:15 AM »

I agree(d to that repeatedly).
Visibly Jewish

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 01, 2016, 11:32:10 AM »
I think a good example is if someone's wife always takes the kid to the babysitter, one day she can't take him and the husband takes the kid. Then on the way to dropping him off he gets a call that a relative or good friend passing away, all while the kid is sleeping in a car seat that's directly behind his seat. Meanwhile the baby sitter is on the way to his work and he doesn't realize he passes it. If this happened to a responsible parent that you know personally, would you accuse them of negligence? Have you never been so distracted that you cannot fathom something like this happening to anyone?
I am not going to judge the person.
I hear what you are saying. I think it depends a lot on the person and not just the situation.

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 01, 2016, 11:42:38 AM »
I am not going to judge the person.
I hear what you are saying. I think it depends a lot on the person and not just the situation.

The problem is that the majority of loving caring parents believe that it cannot happen to them.
Until it does. I had a friend that got injured in an accident where the driver fell asleep. I thought that the driver was extremely irresponsible, how does someone fall asleep, I would never fall asleep while driving. Until I dozed off on the highway in broad daylight (nothing happened), and realized we need to actively take precautions like taking a nap when feeling a bit drowsy. Same with children in a car, we need reminders or devices to help prevent kids from being left inside even if we think it will never happen to us. That is what I would call a responsible parent.
Visibly Jewish

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 01, 2016, 11:47:39 AM »
The problem is that the majority of loving caring parents believe that it cannot happen to them.
Until it does. I had a friend that got injured in an accident where the driver fell asleep. I thought that the driver was extremely irresponsible, how does someone fall asleep, I would never fall asleep while driving. Until I dozed off on the highway in broad daylight (nothing happened), and realized we need to actively take precautions like taking a nap when feeling a bit drowsy. Same with children in a car, we need reminders or devices to help prevent kids from being left inside even if we think it will never happen to us. That is what I would call a responsible parent.
All we can do is take steps to try and make sure it doesn't happen.

I do have a ton of experience with falling asleep when driving. What doesn't happen is going from wide awake to falling asleep. There are warnings in between those two states.

Offline MarkS

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 01, 2016, 11:53:29 AM »
Apparently the grandmother had driven the 2 older kids so the mom only had the baby in the car.

Also, see this report directly from the person that found the baby.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Mom-Arrested-After-Leaving-Tot-in-Car-to-Go-Shopping-391820551.html?_osource=SocialFlowFB_NYBrand

First of all, he said baby was in car 10 minutes not 40. Also at then end he describes how she said where's my baby in shock and confusion. Not as in,why did you guys take my baby out of the car?

In the APP he said: Eckel said Gruen came out of the store with two other children at about 1:20 p.m. asking where her baby was.
"She knew she left the baby in the car," Eckel said. "I felt like crying. After something like this happens, you act on it and think about it later."

Many people took this to mean she knew as in she intentionally left him. It more probably reads as - she walked outside and saw the scene (or realized inside) and suddenly remembered that she left her baby in there.

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 01, 2016, 11:58:14 AM »
Apparently the grandmother had driven the 2 older kids so the mom only had the baby in the car.

Also, see this report directly from the person that found the baby.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Mom-Arrested-After-Leaving-Tot-in-Car-to-Go-Shopping-391820551.html?_osource=SocialFlowFB_NYBrand

First of all, he said baby was in car 10 minutes not 40. Also at then end he describes how she said where's my baby in shock and confusion. Not as in,why did you guys take my baby out of the car?

In the APP he said: Eckel said Gruen came out of the store with two other children at about 1:20 p.m. asking where her baby was.
"She knew she left the baby in the car," Eckel said. "I felt like crying. After something like this happens, you act on it and think about it later."

Many people took this to mean she knew as in she intentionally left him. It more probably reads as - she walked outside and saw the scene (or realized inside) and suddenly remembered that she left her baby in there.

Worth adding the car seat is behind the driver seat
Visibly Jewish

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 01, 2016, 12:00:52 PM »
All we can do is take steps to try and make sure it doesn't happen.

I do have a ton of experience with falling asleep when driving. What doesn't happen is going from wide awake to falling asleep. There are warnings in between those two states.

When I started feeling drowsy I blasted heavy metal and had the A/C on full blast.
The mistake was thinking that would help.
Visibly Jewish

Offline Freddie

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 01, 2016, 12:03:40 PM »
When I started feeling drowsy I blasted heavy metal and had the A/C on full blast.
The mistake was thinking that would help.

That's because it's counterintuitive. You actually have to play classical music and turn on the heat. Little known fact.

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 01, 2016, 12:05:19 PM »
That's because it's counterintuitive. You actually have to play classical music and turn on the heat. Little known fact.
Puff puff and don't pass and you will be all good. If you do run into someone at 5mph most likely no one will be hurt.  :)

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 01, 2016, 12:06:44 PM »
Puff puff and don't pass and you will be all good. If you do run into someone at 5mph most likely no one will be hurt.  :)
unless that guy is going 80

Offline Freddie

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 01, 2016, 12:16:32 PM »

Sounds like a cheech and chong bit.

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 01, 2016, 12:18:54 PM »
Sounds like a cheech and chong bit.
You are going to break Google.  :P