Author Topic: Serious Issue with United Reward booking- Suggestions welcome  (Read 2820 times)

Offline john

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United 1K
Serious Issue with United Reward booking- Suggestions welcome
« on: September 01, 2016, 06:06:43 PM »
I had booked long time ago (As soon as rewards travel inventory come up) 4 United reward travel from USA to Asia and back to USA on United Partner airlines using United miles in saver Business class. these were very long leg flights. These travel is going to happen in December - Peak Christmas season. I thought I got lucky to get 4 reward in saver business during that time. I started considering myself smart, that I booked it as soon as it opened. I am premier 1K with United for long time. Today I noticed I was unable to open these records, when I click on them. I called united to check if everything is ok. They told me, partner airline, which confirmed your reward in business is not honoring it now and has booked you in saver coach. I fought with rep and even with manager, that I hold United accountable  for it, as they are my ticketing agent. you give me flights in business class, whichever way, route me thru your own airline (which goes to my destination), in different fare code, if saver reward business is not available. I have paid already long back thru my miles for it. you take care of it. I need to travel with my family in business ONLY for this long time vacation planned. Nothing worked. they just booked me in saver coach in that partner airline, which seats were reserved for us and refunded my differential miles, that I had paid for business.

I need to know recourse? Any suggestions? United themselves are having there own flight going to same destinations. shows availability as well in high paid fare code for my dates. No saver reward available. Also partner airlines are selling business seats in same plane.

Any escalation number I can call? Any suggestions?

Offline coralsnake

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
Re: Serious Issue with United Reward booking- Suggestions welcome
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2016, 06:10:51 PM »
Which partner airline?
"Here at DansDeals we don’t do buses." -Dan

Offline lubaby

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2016, 06:22:10 PM »
Are you dealing with regular UA CS or the Premier line?

Did you try the old CO desk?

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2016, 06:42:56 PM »
As a 1K, I'm stupefied they won't simply rebook you on UA metal in J.

What's the route? What's the partner airline?
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline john

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2016, 08:15:00 PM »
Partner airline Air India. Route is EWR-India. non-stop. Talked to 1K Desk rep. then talked to her manager as well. both said they cant change it as change has not happened in United. it happened in Air India. 4 Business class in availa ble fare code for 4 return tickets on united metal right now is costing USD 25K. Appears they want to save those 25K. Is there a recourse? Any one I can escalate? I am premier 1K.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline john

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2016, 10:24:39 PM »
GREAT HELP FORUM !!! Used Link. I believe it is old CO service line. They understood the whole problem and fixed all tickets and issued all 4 of them in United metal business class. Cant believe it !!! Roller Coaster Ride in emotions today !!! Was feeling depressed after the whole episode today. Now feeling elevated !!! Thanks Dan again for providing link and CO service line pointer !!! Lesson to be learned ---> Never call United Premer 1K desk. Call thru the link for them to call us back. those are the best service reps.

Offline yakrot

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2016, 10:39:04 PM »
GREAT HELP FORUM !!! Used Link. I believe it is old CO service line. They understood the whole problem and fixed all tickets and issued all 4 of them in United metal business class. Cant believe it !!! Roller Coaster Ride in emotions today !!! Was feeling depressed after the whole episode today. Now feeling elevated !!! Thanks Dan again for providing link and CO service line pointer !!! Lesson to be learned ---> Never call United Premer 1K desk. Call thru the link for them to call us back. those are the best service reps.
Wow I'm glad it worked out for you

Offline username

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
  • Programs: ┌──────────────────┐ │───> Ữ₴ΣЯИΛΜӘ <─── │ └──────────────────┘
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2016, 10:53:47 PM »
Did you also get to keep the refunded miles?
^^^

Offline john

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2016, 11:41:02 PM »
Did you also get to keep the refunded miles?
No. United was not that much generous. They took differential back. Still I gained. As partner airline saver business was 80K oneway. UNITED BUSINESS saver was 70K one way. So I did save 10k per ticket oneway. Honestly I would have given this 10k gladly had they asked. Biggest thing for me was they booked us back in business class during Christmas time peak season, when even coach savers are also not available right now. You really need to be lucky to find availability at that time. that too for business.

Offline rileywiles23

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2016, 10:13:36 AM »
Enjoy the trip.
Life is as good as you make it...

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2016, 10:38:35 AM »
Glad I could help. They are the best.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline ilherman

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2016, 11:37:26 AM »
Dan do you indeed always use the call back line instead of 1k desk?

Firstly, lately I have to do 7 times call back for a old CO agent to pick up. It started going to India..

But even the old CO desk, some agents really like to give an attitude.

In any case my advice was going to be to take it up with the DOT if nothing else works. Really happy it worked out. + You got United nice business class instead of crapy AI.

I still can't get over that fact how the 1K desk handled it.
You can say what you think when you think what you say.

Offline efflpetzel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2016, 04:05:31 AM »
Yup I've also had the call back go to India lately