Topic Wiki

Click Here to get more details on this card and compare to other cards!

Quick link to the Sapphire Reserve Benefits Guide

TRAVEL
Earn 3 points per $1 spent on travel when you use your card to pay for airfare, hotels, cruises, rental cars, train tickets, taxis,
                Travel Credit
                     automatically receive up to $300 in statement credits as reimbursement for travel-related purchases charged    to your card on each calander year (for each dollar spent get equal credit)
See this thread for purchases that count for the travel credit- http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=68940.0
Dining
Earn 3 points per $1 on dining spent at restaurants – from fast food to fine dining

PP
You and your authorized users can access 900+ VIP airport lounges worldwide with Priority Pass™ Select
 with guests

Global Entry
Global Entry or TSA Preè Credit

Elite Status
               National - Emerald Club Executive Level membership, Plus, save up to 25% on qualifying rentals, use code 5030849
               Avis Preferred, Plus, save up to 30% on qualifying rentals, AWD Number S107100
                SilverCar (please use Dans link to signup https://www.silvercar.com/users/sign_in?referrer_code=DELEFF) Save 30% on rentals of 2 days or more when you pay with your card. To redeem this offer, book online and enter code VINFINITE

Purchase protection

Purchase price protection

Extended Warranty

Author Topic: Chase Sapphire Reserve BENEFITS master thread  (Read 143018 times)

Offline Wizard

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Chase Sapphire Reserve BENEFITS master thread
« Reply #750 on: August 06, 2017, 04:21:31 PM »
Does anyone know if you get 3 points per dollar on the Sapphire Reserve for a charge from a touring company?
We will be doing two tours in Israel with touring companies, and trying to figure out which credit card is best to use.

TIA
There is no rule, it's always dependent on how it codes.
+1, you can ask them to charge $1 and see how it goes through.
If you are trying to get my attention/assistance and I'm not responding, please feel free to PM me. :)

Offline SrulyS

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: August 08, 2017, 12:35:07 AM »
Ultimate Rewards only lets you book car rentals from airports? I was trying to check prices in Fort Lee, NJ and they made me choose between Teterboro and Newark?

Offline chaim0m

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: August 08, 2017, 05:58:19 AM »
Ultimate Rewards only lets you book car rentals from airports? I was trying to check prices in Fort Lee, NJ and they made me choose between Teterboro and Newark?
Definitely not, I booked from Inwood I think once. Try calling if it doesn't show up.
travelcm

Offline SrulyS

• View Profile
« Reply #753 on: August 14, 2017, 10:58:43 AM »
Definitely not, I booked from Inwood I think once. Try calling if it doesn't show up.
I called and the agent said they only do from airports.

Offline cardkid

• View Profile
« Reply #754 on: August 14, 2017, 11:21:41 AM »
Don't think it's been talked about very much on here, but successfully used the trip delay insurance benefit from CSR due to weather issues in Dulles that caused an overnight for me a few weeks ago. Claim paid out ~$400 total ($500 is the limit per claim) for hotel, meals, uber. Great benefit and definitely worth booking on CSR for personal flights because of it.

Offline eli1571

• View Profile
« Reply #755 on: August 15, 2017, 09:06:12 AM »
When does the travel credit renew, Calendar year or card year ?

Offline S123

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: August 15, 2017, 11:07:26 AM »
When does the travel credit renew, Calendar year or card year ?
depends when you got the card... they changed it to card year but if you got it early then it's calendar year

Offline confu

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: August 21, 2017, 05:44:09 PM »
My father was flying mci-dtw-cdg-tlv on DL/AF returning to LAX   in November paid w/ CSR points. In between he has a seperate expedia itinerary tlv/lax and back.
then his first flight got delayed in a storm and missed connection in dtw causing him to miss flight and wedding he was going for.
Would chase flight interruption reimburse the remainder of his trip? what about expedia portion? 

Offline eli1571

• View Profile
« Reply #758 on: August 22, 2017, 05:07:56 AM »
depends when you got the card... they changed it to card year but if you got it early then it's calendar year
so if i keep my card opena second year, and the year ends in november i wont get another credit in december ?

Offline cardkid

• View Profile
« Reply #759 on: August 25, 2017, 07:35:05 AM »
My father was flying mci-dtw-cdg-tlv on DL/AF returning to LAX   in November paid w/ CSR points. In between he has a seperate expedia itinerary tlv/lax and back.
then his first flight got delayed in a storm and missed connection in dtw causing him to miss flight and wedding he was going for.
Would chase flight interruption reimburse the remainder of his trip? what about expedia portion?
It could, i've gotten reimbursed on completely seperate tickets booked with chase card. Haven't heard of any reports of them reimbursing cost of new air fare, but they can cover hotel, meals for that delay or cancellation costs if there is sufficient documentation

Offline peace123

• View Profile
« Reply #760 on: September 02, 2017, 01:55:47 AM »
Hi

I just got charged AF & AU fee, card opened in Aug 2016.  Should I now quickly take advantage of the annual travel credit if I am looking to cancel or downgrade this card?
Thanks

Offline Wizard

• View Profile
« Reply #761 on: September 03, 2017, 03:13:08 PM »
Do the travel protection benefits cover tickets booked via Chase Travel using the points at 1.5 cents?

Hi

I just got charged AF & AU fee, card opened in Aug 2016.  Should I now quickly take advantage of the annual travel credit if I am looking to cancel or downgrade this card?
Thanks
I think yes. Why do you have an AU? Rather just request a replacement card and then you'll have 2 cards that both work..
If you are trying to get my attention/assistance and I'm not responding, please feel free to PM me. :)

Offline peace123

• View Profile
« Reply #762 on: September 04, 2017, 01:16:23 AM »
Do the travel protection benefits cover tickets booked via Chase Travel using the points at 1.5 cents?
I think yes. Why do you have an AU? Rather just request a replacement card and then you'll have 2 cards that both work..
I added the AU a month after the original card was opened and luckily I didn't get charged AU fee for first year until just 3 days ago during renewal. Now I am charged $450 AF & $75 AU  fee. I can cancel the AU to avoid the $75 fee but then even after the $300 credit, I still have to pay $175 AF which is bit too much for me. I wonder if I can double dip?  If not, will have to cancel or do product change. Have 60 days  to cancel or do product change to avoid the AF from the date it was charged?

Offline SrulyS

• View Profile
« Reply #763 on: September 04, 2017, 01:25:15 AM »
Have 60 days  to cancel or do product change to avoid the AF from the date it was charged?
No only 30 days! They changed it last year.

Offline peace123

• View Profile
« Reply #764 on: September 04, 2017, 11:03:03 AM »
I made 2 $100 travel purchases and transaction  already posted on September 2nd but have yet to receive the travel credit. The $450 annual fee was charged on September 1st. I wonder if I am not going to receive travel credit at all? Cardcapplied and approved in  Aug 2016. This is second year.