Topic Wiki

Click Here to get more details on this card and compare to other cards!

Quick link to the Sapphire Reserve Benefits Guide

TRAVEL
Earn 3 points per $1 spent on travel when you use your card to pay for airfare, hotels, cruises, rental cars, train tickets, taxis,
                Travel Credit
                     automatically receive up to $300 in statement credits as reimbursement for travel-related purchases charged    to your card on each calander year (for each dollar spent get equal credit)
See this thread for purchases that count for the travel credit- http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=68940.0
Dining
Earn 3 points per $1 on dining spent at restaurants – from fast food to fine dining

PP
You and your authorized users can access 900+ VIP airport lounges worldwide with Priority Pass™ Select
 with guests

Global Entry
Global Entry or TSA Preè Credit

Elite Status
               National - Emerald Club Executive Level membership, Plus, save up to 25% on qualifying rentals, use code 5030849
               Avis Preferred, Plus, save up to 30% on qualifying rentals, AWD Number S107100
                SilverCar (please use Dans link to signup https://www.silvercar.com/users/sign_in?referrer_code=DELEFF) Save 30% on rentals of 2 days or more when you pay with your card. To redeem this offer, book online and enter code VINFINITE

Purchase protection

Purchase price protection

Extended Warranty

Author Topic: Chase Sapphire Reserve BENEFITS master thread  (Read 273184 times)

Offline CZ60

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Chase Sapphire Reserve BENEFITS master thread
« Reply #400 on: December 27, 2016, 10:03:53 PM »
cancel and rebook how and using what? how did you add the reservation?

Before you cancel, make sure a similar rate is still available through the portal. If so, call and make sure you can cancel (i was able to cancel mine up to 24 hrs before) - and if you can cancel, then re-book through UR travel portal, this time putting in the avis number, and confirm booking. Then cancel the first one without avis #.

Offline YOSSI170

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: December 28, 2016, 04:20:37 PM »
Lounge access for guests on the PP is only if they're on the same reservation?

Offline JTZ

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: December 28, 2016, 04:23:09 PM »
Rep claimed my statement will close today but still showing 2/6. Will know tomorrow.
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Online LoLo

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: December 28, 2016, 08:31:41 PM »
Lounge access for guests on the PP is only if they're on the same reservation?
No.

Offline as2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: December 28, 2016, 08:37:58 PM »
As per Dan, you may not even need a ticket to access lounge
Memories last forever, make them while you can.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #405 on: December 28, 2016, 08:46:22 PM »
As per Dan, you may not even need a ticket to access lounge
Depends where.
EWR never checks for example and it's landside. Great place to stop for kosher wine and snacks.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline peace123

• View Profile
« Reply #406 on: December 29, 2016, 03:06:45 AM »
Before you cancel, make sure a similar rate is still available through the portal. If so, call and make sure you can cancel (i was able to cancel mine up to 24 hrs before) - and if you can cancel, then re-book through UR travel portal, this time putting in the avis number, and confirm booking. Then cancel the first one without avis #.
I did add the avis number, it says "loyalty" on the csr travel website.  But AVIS rep told me he doesn't see  that I have AVIS preferred benefit on this and then booking on any third party gives NO avis preferred benefit.

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #407 on: December 29, 2016, 09:26:11 AM »
Rep claimed my statement will close today but still showing 2/6. Will know tomorrow.
Winner winner chicken dinner!!!
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Offline mmgfarb

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: December 29, 2016, 09:26:49 AM »
Winner winner chicken dinner!!!
Nice!
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline Sowhat

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: December 29, 2016, 05:51:12 PM »
I am confused.  I was approved and received my travel credit in full, in November.  I am looking through my December charges, and I am getting another $300 worth.  I thought its based on calendar years?

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #410 on: December 29, 2016, 05:52:42 PM »
I thought its based on calendar years?
It is not. Your Dec statement resets to 2017.

Offline Bob Jones

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: December 29, 2016, 09:57:33 PM »
The CSR travel benefit is a terrible. agents lying, playing games to deny claims. I will explain:

I filed a claim on DEC 9 for travel interruption/cancelation because I had to cancel the return flight booked with CSR because my mother got sick on same day and admitted to emergency. I had to postpone my return and later rebook a week later. I filed claim with chase and sent in everything they asked including the claim form, the original round trip, the canceled one and the final flight and a letter from doctor. After 2 weeks, they replied back saying I should send this and that and they are all same thing I sent/emailed them 2 weeks ago. So I called today on Dec 21. and they said I should speak to a claim examinor and they are not available to talk and I should just wait for some calls or replies,

Yesterday Someone who introduced herself as Liz,  called me  yesterday and said they received everything  BUT  that Air Canada paid for my return flight on American Airlines.  She says AA gave me 15K Avios points and $88  first and I used those to book the return flight. I was like what? What's this nonsense about AC booked my return flight on AA and AA gave me BA points and $88 to book my return flight on AA? Hey  I have my own BA FF account and used my own BA points plus tax for 2 people to book return flight from YYZ. You can see that in the email too.She Just made up a lie as an excuse to deny the claim. The original round trip was booked with my Chase credit card points on Air Canada. I couldn't return on return date due to emergency issue with my mother and Air Canada wouldn't re-book my return flight. So I had purchase a new flight tickets on American Airlines using my 15000 British Airways avios points & $88 plus in taxes. I have sent you guys  EVERYTHING ,all the original flights, canceled flight and my return flight and how they are paid. The rep Liz just lied by saying AA told her I was re-booked by AA on AA flight and that AA paid the return flight for me. I told her stop talking nonsense and read all the docs I emailed them including how I paid for the AA flight with my own British airways points and $88 tax. I told her bring on the AA rep on phone that told you they re-booked the return and paid for my return flight. She put me on  hold for 30 mins or longer  and didn't bring AA rep and disconnected the phone line.  When I called back, it was  another rep who told me " I can appeal my claim".

I sent this email today: I  am asking you guys to stop playing games and be honest. I WILL file complaints with the insurance regulators in Georgia (where ever your offices are located) and my home state, and potentially file a lawsuit in my county's General District Court, if you  do not resolve the claim within 7 days.

Should I contact Chase about my dissatisfaction about their benefit dept? File BBB or CFPB complaint first?
Had a similar situation. However after reading the fine print and speaking to many employees both at Chase and the Benefit Admin.  You are only entitled to compensation for the non refundable canceled return fare. AC should refund the taxes on that ticket if you ask for it. The rest should be given by Chase. In received a payout after I a canceled a return fare for 5 passengers. I too asked for compensation on the rebooking. I didn't get it. You either get the canceled fare or the change fee to change the ticket. You don't get the canceled fare + the cost of a new return flight.
To date, the CSR has paid out $700 in travel insurance and $180 in purchase protection. Definitely keeping this card.

Offline peace123

• View Profile
« Reply #412 on: December 30, 2016, 02:38:40 AM »
if you read, they didn't want to give me anything, NONE. Not even the original canceled flight.  I'd be satisfied if they just refund me for the canceled flight. They asked me how I eventually returned. I told them i booked my own flight on AA and paid myself and showed them the reservation that shows I booked the return flight on BA website on AA flight. They twisted that and lied to me by saying that return flight that I booked by myself was booked by AC for me. The way they booked for me was AC, reused my CSR points and booked an AA flight on BA website.    They are making up nonsense stuffs and playing games to deny.

Let's see how me complaint with Chase goes. I had to contact chase exec office cos the benefit dept is just being too dishonest!

Offline Bob Jones

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: December 30, 2016, 09:03:17 AM »
I did read. The reps in Benefit admin have a hard time figuring out what's going on. Just wondering if you claimed the whole thing and it somehow confused them.  Very surprised at how they are distorting your experience.  From my experience chase executive office will be helpful.

Offline lifetimedeals

• View Profile
« Reply #414 on: January 04, 2017, 10:53:06 AM »
The PP lounge in EWR is only to be used if flying international? If I fly out with Southwest to west coast can I use the PP lounge in EWR ?

Offline as2

• View Profile
« Reply #415 on: January 04, 2017, 12:30:36 PM »
The PP lounge in EWR is only to be used if flying international? If I fly out with Southwest to west coast can I use the PP lounge in EWR ?
Should work regardless

Offline motec bb

• View Profile
« Reply #416 on: January 04, 2017, 02:37:54 PM »
Dan mentioned that there is kosher food at the PP lounge at newark. Can someone share more details about that?

Offline as2

• View Profile
« Reply #417 on: January 04, 2017, 02:45:31 PM »
Dan mentioned that there is kosher food at the PP lounge at newark. Can someone share more details about that?

http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=10590.0

Offline chff

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 25
    • View Profile
  • Programs: All of them...
« Reply #418 on: January 04, 2017, 02:54:25 PM »
Depends where.
EWR never checks for example and it's landside. Great place to stop for kosher wine and snacks.

When the wingtips lounge at JFK was landside (Called then Oasis) I was able to access as well without a BP

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #419 on: January 04, 2017, 02:55:53 PM »
http://www.dansdeals.com/archives/88035
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.