Topic Wiki

Click Here to get more details on this card and compare to other cards!

Quick link to the Sapphire Reserve Benefits Guide

TRAVEL
Earn 3 points per $1 spent on travel when you use your card to pay for airfare, hotels, cruises, rental cars, train tickets, taxis,
                Travel Credit
                     automatically receive up to $300 in statement credits as reimbursement for travel-related purchases charged    to your card on each calander year (for each dollar spent get equal credit)
See this thread for purchases that count for the travel credit- http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=68940.0
Dining
Earn 3 points per $1 on dining spent at restaurants – from fast food to fine dining

PP
You and your authorized users can access 900+ VIP airport lounges worldwide with Priority Pass™ Select
 with guests

Global Entry
Global Entry or TSA Preè Credit

Elite Status
               National - Emerald Club Executive Level membership, Plus, save up to 25% on qualifying rentals, use code 5030849
               Avis Preferred, Plus, save up to 30% on qualifying rentals, AWD Number S107100
                SilverCar (please use Dans link to signup https://www.silvercar.com/users/sign_in?referrer_code=DELEFF) Save 30% on rentals of 2 days or more when you pay with your card. To redeem this offer, book online and enter code VINFINITE

Purchase protection

Purchase price protection

Extended Warranty

Author Topic: Chase Sapphire Reserve BENEFITS master thread  (Read 273261 times)

Offline Moshe26

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Chase Sapphire Reserve BENEFITS master thread
« Reply #500 on: January 11, 2017, 10:59:23 AM »
if I book a home rental (with homeaway) with CSR thru PayPal, does that still qualify as travel? giving me the 3x

Offline Z56

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold, National EE, Hertz GP, Avis PP
« Reply #501 on: January 11, 2017, 01:20:16 PM »
 Avis Preferred, Plus, save up to 30% on qualifying rentals, AWD Number S107100

How do I use this benefit ?
“I have nothing in common with lazy people who blame others for their lack of success. Great things come from hard work

Offline HowYaDoin

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: January 11, 2017, 01:31:31 PM »
Whats the cancellation policy for travel booked through CSR?

Online mochjas

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 123
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
« Reply #503 on: January 11, 2017, 02:08:18 PM »
Whats the cancellation policy for travel booked through CSR?
same as booking a revenue ticket

Offline HowYaDoin

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: January 11, 2017, 02:43:42 PM »
same as booking a revenue ticket
as in 24hrs or like priceline etc?

Online mochjas

• View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
« Reply #505 on: January 11, 2017, 04:16:18 PM »
as in 24hrs or like priceline etc?
every airline is different

Offline peace123

• View Profile
« Reply #506 on: January 11, 2017, 04:17:43 PM »
I did read. The reps in Benefit admin have a hard time figuring out what's going on. Just wondering if you claimed the whole thing and it somehow confused them.  Very surprised at how they are distorting your experience.  From my experience chase executive office will be helpful.
I filed complaint against Chase with CFPB but same denial.
 Here is the case:
I booked round trip on AC two on Chase UR site with CSR points.
On return date, we couldn't return due to sudden medical emergency with my mother and I called Chase that morning on NOV and who later told me AC told them the fees and penalty would cost about $500 to rebook the return flight for another date. That amount was even more than the original round trip. I checked with AC myself and they told me the same. After a week, i returned on AA flight that I MYSELF BOOKED USING MY OWN 15K BA AVIOS POINTS PLUS OVER $88 IN TAX I PAID WITH MY CSR CARD. I filed a claim and i sent them everything they asked for such as

Original round trip Chase travel voucher reservation.
The return AC flight that I couldn't fly
doctor's letter
Return AA flight reservation email from British airways website that clearly shows 15k avios and over $88 in tax paid

Chase SR statement that would show the $88 in tax I paid for the AA flight I booked on BA site.

$50 in Bag fee for the AC one way outbound flight with my CSR card.

They said they got everything they asked to send but my claim is denied because it was AC and not me that booked the return AA flight for me.
When I told them to look at the return AA flight reservation confirmation that shows I used my own 15k BA points and over $88 in tax. They said AC reused my chase points for me and booked the AA flight. I laughed and got mad at the same time they said this.
I called them multiple times to look in to what I sent them and they all said claim denied because AC rebooked my return AA flight.
I finally filed complaint with CFPB and the response is the same lies and thta is AC re-booked the return AA flight for me and they paid $88 for the return one way flight.

As you can see, I showed all the proof but they are twisting and turning and playing games to deny.

Pls tell me what options to take next. small claims court?
How do I do it and pros and cons? I know I can prove them wrong but I still ask for your suggestions and opinions on next steps.
Thanks

Offline ckmk47

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: January 11, 2017, 04:45:37 PM »
I filed complaint against Chase with CFPB but same denial.
 Here is the case:

They said they got everything they asked to send but my claim is denied because it was AC and not me that booked the return AA flight for me.
When I told them to look at the return AA flight reservation confirmation that shows I used my own 15k BA points and over $88 in tax. They said AC reused my chase points for me and booked the AA flight. I laughed and got mad at the same time they said this.
I called them multiple times to look in to what I sent them and they all said claim denied because AC rebooked my return AA flight.
I finally filed complaint with CFPB and the response is the same lies and thta is AC re-booked the return AA flight for me and they paid $88 for the return one way flight.

As you can see, I showed all the proof but they are twisting and turning and playing games to deny.

Pls tell me what options to take next. small claims court?
How do I do it and pros and cons? I know I can prove them wrong but I still ask for your suggestions and opinions on next steps.
Thanks
It seems to hinge on weather AC rebooked you or not.  Maybe you can get AC to verify that they had nothing to do with your return ticket?  Maybe there's even something on line in your account about that portion of the ticket being forfeited?
My favorite cause: cssy.org

Offline peace123

• View Profile
« Reply #508 on: January 12, 2017, 07:29:51 PM »
It seems to hinge on weather AC rebooked you or not.  Maybe you can get AC to verify that they had nothing to do with your return ticket?  Maybe there's even something on line in your account about that portion of the ticket being forfeited?

Today I called the Chase executive office rep who replied to my CFPB complaint. I requested her to " look at my CSR credit card statement" that would show a charge from British Airways for $88.22 on DEC 2nd and the flight origin & destination. I told her this is another simple evidence that I paid for the final return flight on my own with my own CSR card. I also used 15k avios points in addition to the $88.22 and that reservation detail was provided to the benefit dept a month ago.
The exec rep replied back by saying, AC took care of that return AA flight and that this is the decision by the benefit dept and the exec office can't do anything and wanted to end the conversation.
So the exec office didn't want to get involved. I contacted and submitted all proof to the benefit dept and called many times since Dec and my contact with Chase executive office, the BBB & CFPB complaint didn't help. I am exhausted!
They no longer care what I sent them or what proof I showed them. If they looked at what I sent them or were fair, they would have never said AC rebooked my return AA flight. If I showed them even my credit card statement showing them $88.22 I paid using my CSR card for the return AA flight AND the reservation detail printed from BA that shows I used 15k avios and $88.22, THEY EVEN IGNORE THAT.

Online mochjas

• View Profile
« Reply #509 on: January 12, 2017, 07:34:27 PM »
Today I called the Chase executive office rep who replied to my CFPB complaint. I requested her to " look at my CSR credit card statement" that would show a charge from British Airways for $88.22 on DEC 2nd and the flight origin & destination. I told her this is another simple evidence that I paid for the final return flight on my own with my own CSR card. I also used 15k avios points in addition to the $88.22 and that reservation detail was provided to the benefit dept a month ago.
The exec rep replied back by saying, AC took care of that return AA flight and that this is the decision by the benefit dept and the exec office can't do anything and wanted to end the conversation.
So the exec office didn't want to get involved. I contacted and submitted all proof to the benefit dept and called many times since Dec and my contact with Chase executive office, the BBB & CFPB complaint didn't help. I am exhausted!
They no longer care what I sent them or what proof I showed them. If they looked at what I sent them or were fair, they would have never said AC rebooked my return AA flight. If I showed them even my credit card statement showing them $88.22 I paid using my CSR card for the return AA flight AND the reservation detail printed from BA that shows I used 15k avios and $88.22, THEY EVEN IGNORE THAT.
you are really stressing for nothing. Bottom line you lost 15k avios plus $88 extra. I would just let it go. It's really not worth to stress yourself for this IMO

Offline coralsnake

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #510 on: January 12, 2017, 07:36:23 PM »
 Chase has been known to have excellent theoretical benefits.
"Here at DansDeals we don’t do buses." -Dan

Offline AROCKS1

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: January 13, 2017, 12:13:10 AM »
Regarding the he Luxury Hotel & Resort CollectionSM "Benefit" Do you have to book the hotel through the chase website and have a paid stay in order to receive the benefits? Or can we just flash the car and reap the rewards?
BUMP really curious about this too..

Offline as2

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: January 13, 2017, 12:15:16 AM »
BUMP really curious about this too..

Chase has been known to have excellent theoretical benefits.

Memories last forever, make them while you can.

Offline AROCKS1

• View Profile
« Reply #513 on: January 13, 2017, 12:17:48 AM »

In other words you are saying this benefit is impractical because no one one would book with cash with LHRC to receive this benefit?

Offline as2

• View Profile
« Reply #514 on: January 13, 2017, 12:19:08 AM »
In other words you are saying this benefit is impractical because no one one would book with cash with LHRC to receive this benefit?
I was half kidding, but I highly doubt it works unless you book through them. Although I do believe you can book with UR points

Offline AROCKS1

• View Profile
« Reply #515 on: January 13, 2017, 12:21:08 AM »
I was half kidding, but I highly doubt it works unless you book through them. Although I do believe you can book with UR points
Both questions would be very helpful to have confirmed, any direction you can point me to in order to figure these things out for sure?

Offline as2

• View Profile
« Reply #516 on: January 13, 2017, 12:24:18 AM »
Both questions would be very helpful to have confirmed, any direction you can point me to in order to figure these things out for sure?
Well regarding the benefits when not purchasing through chase, I'd give them a call tomorrow. As far as booking with UR, just login to your account and take a look. I know amex's equivalent allows it but can't confirm that for chase

Offline AROCKS1

• View Profile
« Reply #517 on: January 13, 2017, 12:26:49 AM »
Well regarding the benefits when not purchasing through chase, I'd give them a call tomorrow. As far as booking with UR, just login to your account and take a look. I know amex's equivalent allows it but can't confirm that for chase
Sorry for noob questions..What do you mean by logging into UR and taking a look? I've booked travel through the portal and didn't see anything about LHRC..

Offline as2

• View Profile
« Reply #518 on: January 13, 2017, 12:30:07 AM »
Sorry for noob questions..What do you mean by logging into UR and taking a look? I've booked travel through the portal and didn't see anything about LHRC..
Login to your chase account and find the LHRC page. It should give you some answers

Offline ckmk47

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: January 13, 2017, 12:36:50 AM »
Today I called the Chase executive office rep who replied to my CFPB complaint. I requested her to " look at my CSR credit card statement" that would show a charge from B
detail printed from BA that shows I used 15k avios and $88.22, THEY EVEN IGNORE THAT.
I was suggesting getting proof from the AC side.  Either your AC account or a letter/ statement from AC that your last leg was unflown / forfeited / lost  and that AC had nothing to do with helping you leave the city.
Although I agree with mochjas not to get sick over this.  At some point, it pays to let things slide.
My favorite cause: cssy.org