Topic Wiki

Click Here to get more details on this card and compare to other cards!

Quick link to the Sapphire Reserve Benefits Guide

TRAVEL
Earn 3 points per $1 spent on travel when you use your card to pay for airfare, hotels, cruises, rental cars, train tickets, taxis,
                Travel Credit
                     automatically receive up to $300 in statement credits as reimbursement for travel-related purchases charged    to your card on each calander year (for each dollar spent get equal credit)
See this thread for purchases that count for the travel credit- http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=68940.0
Dining
Earn 3 points per $1 on dining spent at restaurants – from fast food to fine dining

PP
You and your authorized users can access 900+ VIP airport lounges worldwide with Priority Pass™ Select
 with guests

Global Entry
Global Entry or TSA Preè Credit

Elite Status
               National - Emerald Club Executive Level membership, Plus, save up to 25% on qualifying rentals, use code 5030849
               Avis Preferred, Plus, save up to 30% on qualifying rentals, AWD Number S107100
                SilverCar (please use Dans link to signup https://www.silvercar.com/users/sign_in?referrer_code=DELEFF) Save 30% on rentals of 2 days or more when you pay with your card. To redeem this offer, book online and enter code VINFINITE

Purchase protection

Purchase price protection

Extended Warranty

Author Topic: Chase Sapphire Reserve BENEFITS master thread  (Read 273428 times)

Offline as2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
Re: Chase Sapphire Reserve BENEFITS master thread
« Reply #620 on: February 15, 2017, 03:39:12 PM »
When I signed up for the Reserve, it advertised my 100,000 points to be worth $1500 travel when booked through the ultimate rewards website. (obviously the points can have much more value when transfered to partners but that is not what I am discussing)

However, when actually using the Ultimate Rewards website, particularly for hotels in my experience, the prices they list are often extremely inflated compared to other websites and directly with the hotel so instead of points being worth 1.5 cents each, in practice they are often more like 1 cent per point. In fact, when I pointed this out to the representative from the Chase travel center when asking for a match to the price listed or a credit in points to offset the difference, she suggested I cash out the points at 1 cent each and pay the lower amount by booking directly from the hotel.

This seems like false advertising but I have not heard to many other people having this issue.

I have found chase hotel prices to actually be cheaper frequently when you factor in tax.
Regardless of whether or not they are more expensive, as long as they are offering you 1.5 cents per point towards the dollar rate they are charging there is no problem with what they are advertising. You can choose whether or not you would like to book with them.
Memories last forever, make them while you can.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #621 on: February 15, 2017, 03:41:06 PM »
When I signed up for the Reserve, it advertised my 100,000 points to be worth $1500 travel when booked through the ultimate rewards website. (obviously the points can have much more value when transfered to partners but that is not what I am discussing)

However, when actually using the Ultimate Rewards website, particularly for hotels in my experience, the prices they list are often extremely inflated compared to other websites and directly with the hotel so instead of points being worth 1.5 cents each, in practice they are often more like 1 cent per point. In fact, when I pointed this out to the representative from the Chase travel center when asking for a match to the price listed or a credit in points to offset the difference, she suggested I cash out the points at 1 cent each and pay the lower amount by booking directly from the hotel.

This seems like false advertising but I have not heard to many other people having this issue.
Please provide an example.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Abebee

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 735
    • View Profile
  • Programs: National EE
« Reply #622 on: February 15, 2017, 03:50:27 PM »

Third party sites i dont know about. But more then once i had chase price match the price on Jet Blue and Spirit (Yeah, i know i shouldnt fly with them ;D)

Offline yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: February 15, 2017, 03:51:21 PM »
Please provide an example.
Do they have a lowest price guarantee like the hotel chains do? IIRC Amex Travel has one.

Offline sillypainter

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: February 15, 2017, 03:53:03 PM »
Third party sites i dont know about. But more then once i had chase price match the price on Jet Blue and Spirit (Yeah, i know i shouldnt fly with them ;D)

You mean price match by calling, or it was auto-matched?

Offline Abebee

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 735
    • View Profile
  • Programs: National EE
« Reply #625 on: February 15, 2017, 03:57:12 PM »
You mean price match by calling, or it was auto-matched?
price match by calling

Offline ad120

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: February 16, 2017, 03:17:19 PM »
The original question was if he could close it within the month and not pay the fee.
Presumably he used the 2017 credit and he is not getting 3 credits in the first year as it's February.

Therefore keeping it open will cost him $150 ($450-$300).
Correct.
So do any of y'all of the answer?

Additionally, I asked why my points havent posted yet. this was their response.

Hello ad120,

Thank you for contacting us about the posting of sign up
bonus rewards.

I would like to inform you that your Chase Sapphire
Reserve card account ending in XXXX has qualified for the
100,000 bonus reward points offer. These bonus reward
points will post to your card account in 1 to 2 billing
cycles.

We appreciate your patience in this matter.

Thank you,

Ankit Shah
Chase Email Servicing
1-800-493-3319

Offline chaim0m

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: February 28, 2017, 01:01:31 PM »
Couldn't find this (please direct me if it's in the thread)
I paid for an airfare change with the CSR, the payment was for the difference in fares.
Would this purchase allow me to be covered for the CSR travel insurance?
I called chase and they said no but I got the sense that the rep didn't know what they were talking about.
travelcm

Offline ad120

• View Profile
« Reply #628 on: February 28, 2017, 01:15:20 PM »
It does.
So I did apply for Nexus on Sunday and haven't received a credit on my Reserve. PM me for details to QP me $50.
Thanks.

Offline chff

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 25
    • View Profile
  • Programs: All of them...
« Reply #629 on: February 28, 2017, 01:30:46 PM »
I think the payment for both is to the same gov't agency.
Because he thinks so. Per FT on the Amex credit, credit has to come thru as $100/85 to qualify, $50+50=100 does not

Offline d234

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #630 on: March 01, 2017, 11:39:45 AM »
I've searched all the threads and have not found the answer t these questions..i spologize if i missed it. 
1.  I believe I use this card to make united gift registry purchases...should i divide it by 3 $100  purchases?
2.  does the registry pick up that i am using my own credit card to donate to my registry?
3.  additionally once i have all this money on my registry do i have to use it all on myself, or can i use my account to book a ticket for my spouse and children?
Thanks!!!

Offline Redbull3

• View Profile
  • Programs: Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #631 on: March 01, 2017, 12:09:12 PM »
A. If you convert into a CSR (from let's say a freedom), do you get the $300 benefit? B. If you then downgrade it back and upgrade back into it, does the $300 reset for that year?

I am assuming A yes and B no but wanted to check if anyone has tried this.

Offline mochjas

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 123
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
« Reply #632 on: March 01, 2017, 01:38:00 PM »
A. If you convert into a CSR (from let's say a freedom), do you get the $300 benefit? B. If you then downgrade it back and upgrade back into it, does the $300 reset for that year?

I am assuming A yes and B no but wanted to check if anyone has tried this.
your assumptions are correct

Offline 12HRS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: March 01, 2017, 01:45:46 PM »
your assumptions are correct

DP on B?

Offline d234

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: March 02, 2017, 06:19:22 PM »
sorry for reposting..but this is time urgent as my year of benefits is ending very very soon

I've searched all the threads and have not found the answer t these questions..i spologize if i missed it. 
1.  I believe I use this card to make united gift registry purchases...should i divide it by 3 $100  purchases?
2.  does the registry pick up that i am using my own credit card to donate to my registry?
3.  additionally once i have all this money on my registry do i have to use it all on myself, or can i use my account to book a ticket for my spouse and children?
Thanks!!!

Offline mmgfarb

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: March 02, 2017, 06:41:16 PM »
sorry for reposting..but this is time urgent as my year of benefits is ending very very soon

Thanks!!!
1. You can buy anything that codes as travel, meaning any airline gift card, doesn't have to be United. You can buy them all at the same time, this isn't like amex.
2. Doesn't matter.
3. Any ticket.
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline d234

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: March 02, 2017, 07:59:52 PM »
thanks!!!

Offline shulem92

• View Profile
« Reply #637 on: March 02, 2017, 08:49:26 PM »

Thanks!!!
How can your benefits be ending if its impossible to have opened the card more than 7 months ago??

Offline as2

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: March 02, 2017, 09:35:53 PM »
How can your benefits be ending if its impossible to have opened the card more than 7 months ago??
Lol everyone has their own definition of ending...some people already have their place clean for pesach
Memories last forever, make them while you can.

Offline d234

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: March 03, 2017, 12:00:39 AM »
whoop!! my mistake... all those questions were meant to be in reference to my amex..is the answer any different? (i also have  2 reserves this will soon apply too)