Topic Wiki

Click Here to get more details on this card and compare to other cards!

Quick link to the Sapphire Reserve Benefits Guide

TRAVEL
Earn 3 points per $1 spent on travel when you use your card to pay for airfare, hotels, cruises, rental cars, train tickets, taxis,
                Travel Credit
                     automatically receive up to $300 in statement credits as reimbursement for travel-related purchases charged    to your card on each calander year (for each dollar spent get equal credit)
See this thread for purchases that count for the travel credit- http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=68940.0
Dining
Earn 3 points per $1 on dining spent at restaurants – from fast food to fine dining

PP
You and your authorized users can access 900+ VIP airport lounges worldwide with Priority Pass™ Select
 with guests

Global Entry
Global Entry or TSA Preè Credit

Elite Status
               National - Emerald Club Executive Level membership, Plus, save up to 25% on qualifying rentals, use code 5030849
               Avis Preferred, Plus, save up to 30% on qualifying rentals, AWD Number S107100
                SilverCar (please use Dans link to signup https://www.silvercar.com/users/sign_in?referrer_code=DELEFF) Save 30% on rentals of 2 days or more when you pay with your card. To redeem this offer, book online and enter code VINFINITE

Purchase protection

Purchase price protection

Extended Warranty

Author Topic: Chase Sapphire Reserve BENEFITS master thread  (Read 273287 times)

Offline peace123

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Chase Sapphire Reserve BENEFITS master thread
« Reply #760 on: September 02, 2017, 01:55:47 AM »
Hi

I just got charged AF & AU fee, card opened in Aug 2016.  Should I now quickly take advantage of the annual travel credit if I am looking to cancel or downgrade this card?
Thanks

Offline Wizard

• View Profile
« Reply #761 on: September 03, 2017, 03:13:08 PM »
Do the travel protection benefits cover tickets booked via Chase Travel using the points at 1.5 cents?

Hi

I just got charged AF & AU fee, card opened in Aug 2016.  Should I now quickly take advantage of the annual travel credit if I am looking to cancel or downgrade this card?
Thanks
I think yes. Why do you have an AU? Rather just request a replacement card and then you'll have 2 cards that both work..
If you are trying to get my attention/assistance and I'm not responding, please feel free to PM me. :)

Offline peace123

• View Profile
« Reply #762 on: September 04, 2017, 01:16:23 AM »
Do the travel protection benefits cover tickets booked via Chase Travel using the points at 1.5 cents?
I think yes. Why do you have an AU? Rather just request a replacement card and then you'll have 2 cards that both work..
I added the AU a month after the original card was opened and luckily I didn't get charged AU fee for first year until just 3 days ago during renewal. Now I am charged $450 AF & $75 AU  fee. I can cancel the AU to avoid the $75 fee but then even after the $300 credit, I still have to pay $175 AF which is bit too much for me. I wonder if I can double dip?  If not, will have to cancel or do product change. Have 60 days  to cancel or do product change to avoid the AF from the date it was charged?

Offline SrulyS

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: September 04, 2017, 01:25:15 AM »
Have 60 days  to cancel or do product change to avoid the AF from the date it was charged?
No only 30 days! They changed it last year.

Offline peace123

• View Profile
« Reply #764 on: September 04, 2017, 11:03:03 AM »
I made 2 $100 travel purchases and transaction  already posted on September 2nd but have yet to receive the travel credit. The $450 annual fee was charged on September 1st. I wonder if I am not going to receive travel credit at all? Cardcapplied and approved in  Aug 2016. This is second year.

Offline ckmk47

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #765 on: September 04, 2017, 12:48:10 PM »
I made 2 $100 travel purchases and transaction  already posted on September 2nd but have yet to receive the travel credit. The $450 annual fee was charged on September 1st. I wonder if I am not going to receive travel credit at all? Cardcapplied and approved in  Aug 2016. This is second year.
I assume you'll get in in a day or 2.  You have until the end of sept to cancel.
My favorite cause: cssy.org

Offline mmgfarb

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: September 04, 2017, 02:40:10 PM »
Your TC will reset in January.
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline peace123

• View Profile
« Reply #767 on: September 04, 2017, 07:40:41 PM »
Your TC will reset in January.
what?  Why January? I applied this card in early Aug 2016 and I got charged renewal annual fee on September 1st. I thought I could get one more travel credit now  and that's why I made  travel purchases and they posted already on September 2nd but no credit yet

Offline mmgfarb

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: September 04, 2017, 08:13:10 PM »
what?  Why January? I applied this card in early Aug 2016 and I got charged renewal annual fee on September 1st. I thought I could get one more travel credit now  and that's why I made  travel purchases and they posted already on September 2nd but no credit yet
You're grandfathered in to the travel credit being per calendar year, not cardmember year.
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline ckmk47

• View Profile
« Reply #769 on: September 04, 2017, 08:59:05 PM »
peace123,
Log into your Chase account and click on UR.  Then choose SR.  On that page you'll see your YOUR REWARDS DASHBOARD  use of the $300 Annual Travel Credit.

Offline yitzyul

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: September 04, 2017, 09:09:03 PM »
1) Purchased a few tickets with card. Got my AF and want to cancel card, will I still have the insurance if I cancel card before my ticket?
2) Is it still 30 days to cancel from AF to get it refunded?

Offline as2

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: September 04, 2017, 11:30:03 PM »
1) Purchased a few tickets with card. Got my AF and want to cancel card, will I still have the insurance if I cancel card before my ticket?
2) Is it still 30 days to cancel from AF to get it refunded?
The answer to question 2 is not even a page back...
Memories last forever, make them while you can.

Offline peace123

• View Profile
« Reply #772 on: September 04, 2017, 11:51:44 PM »
You're grandfathered in to the travel credit being per calendar year, not cardmember year.
my travel credit didn't post yet. It was like instant or just one day last year after the travel purchase was made.  How long should it take to receive the TC?

Offline peace123

• View Profile
« Reply #773 on: September 08, 2017, 02:02:33 AM »
I assume you'll get in in a day or 2.  You have until the end of sept to cancel.

I got conflicting answers on the travel credit. Some told me I am grandfathered and I should get another credit now some here are saying I won't get the credit.

Again, card applied in Aug 2016, paid fee and got credit in Sept 2016. My card got renewed on Sept 1 2017 and AF $450 charged on Sept 1, 2017. I made travel purchase and got posted on Sept 2nd 2017 but today is 8th and no travel credit received! I was too early for to make the travel purchase to get the credit or
I just won't get credit this year? I am stuck with $450 AF?
Blueskyheaven is invisible Alert a moderator to this post      Edit/Delete Message

Online nafnaf12

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: September 08, 2017, 02:36:22 AM »
I got conflicting answers on the travel credit.
why not check your account??

peace123,
Log into your Chase account and click on UR.  Then choose SR.  On that page you'll see your YOUR REWARDS DASHBOARD  use of the $300 Annual Travel Credit.
A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor.

Offline peace123

• View Profile
« Reply #775 on: September 08, 2017, 09:39:16 AM »
why not check your account??
  I did but why? It only shows credit I got in 2016 when I first applied the card. If got credit I  will see in  transaction activity  easily

Offline SrulyS

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: September 08, 2017, 11:31:30 AM »
Again, card applied in Aug 2016, paid fee and got credit in Sept 2016. My card got renewed on Sept 1 2017 and AF $450 charged on Sept 1, 2017. I made travel purchase and got posted on Sept 2nd 2017 but today is 8th and no travel credit received! I was too early for to make the travel purchase to get the credit or
Are you absolutely sure you did not receive the travel credit on earlier purchases made since your december statement closed? There are so many things that qualify.

Why don't you check how much you have left? Log in to ultimate rewards and it will tell you how much you used this year.

You can cancel the card this month and get the fee back.

Offline ckmk47

• View Profile
« Reply #777 on: September 08, 2017, 11:54:52 AM »
I got conflicting answers on the travel credit. Some told me I am grandfathered and I should get another credit now some here are saying I won't get the credit.

Based on your Aug 2016 card opening, you likely are on the calendar year plan. yay
If your Sept 2nd purchase is totally legitimate, call or chat. It is definitely past time to get the credit.

Offline peace123

• View Profile
« Reply #778 on: September 08, 2017, 02:34:28 PM »
Based on your Aug 2016 card opening, you likely are on the calendar year plan. yay
If your Sept 2nd purchase is totally legitimate, call or chat. It is definitely past time to get the credit.

I have to apologize here for writing about this few times and being wrong! Just realized that I did get 2nd year credit on Jan 2017 statement.

I knew this only after checking my Jan & Feb statement.

In the meantime I can't decide on keeping or canceling or converting. I have $75 AU & $450 AF fee charged on Sep 1. If  I keep it, I may cancel the AU to save $75 fee , pay $450 & get $300 back in Jan so my AF becomes $150.  I have ink plus card to be able to make point transfers.  I like all the rewards benefits except for travel protection benefit where they refused and denied my canceled trip claim for amount of $250 even after all the proof and Chase Exec couldn't do anything either. I may just cancel it before Sept 31, the 30 days deadline

Offline davidd75

• View Profile
« Reply #779 on: September 11, 2017, 12:40:27 PM »
family member had to cancel non-refundable Broadway musical play tickets due to one of the family members going to hospital and cancelling her trip to nyc.  Chase is saying play tickets are not covered.  Any other options?