Topic Wiki

Click Here to get more details on this card and compare to other cards!

Quick link to the Sapphire Reserve Benefits Guide

TRAVEL
Earn 3 points per $1 spent on travel when you use your card to pay for airfare, hotels, cruises, rental cars, train tickets, taxis,
                Travel Credit
                     automatically receive up to $300 in statement credits as reimbursement for travel-related purchases charged    to your card on each calander year (for each dollar spent get equal credit)
See this thread for purchases that count for the travel credit- http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=68940.0
Dining
Earn 3 points per $1 on dining spent at restaurants – from fast food to fine dining

PP
You and your authorized users can access 900+ VIP airport lounges worldwide with Priority Pass™ Select
 with guests

Global Entry
Global Entry or TSA Preè Credit

Elite Status
               National - Emerald Club Executive Level membership, Plus, save up to 25% on qualifying rentals, use code 5030849
               Avis Preferred, Plus, save up to 30% on qualifying rentals, AWD Number S107100
                SilverCar (please use Dans link to signup https://www.silvercar.com/users/sign_in?referrer_code=DELEFF) Save 30% on rentals of 2 days or more when you pay with your card. To redeem this offer, book online and enter code VINFINITE

Purchase protection

Purchase price protection

Extended Warranty

Author Topic: Chase Sapphire Reserve BENEFITS master thread  (Read 273268 times)

Offline grodnoking

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
Re: Chase Sapphire Reserve BENEFITS master thread
« Reply #1060 on: June 17, 2021, 04:16:16 PM »
Limited Time Offer!

Until the earlier of 06/30/21 or while supplies last, your Chase Sapphire Reserve points are worth 50% more when you redeem for any product on the Apple Ultimate Rewards Store.*

I'm not who you think I am.

Online ah giten

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: July 04, 2021, 04:55:02 PM »
Do I get Purchase Protection when checking out with my Chase card using Paypal?

Offline confu

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: July 05, 2021, 02:11:31 PM »
anyone know if you book travel, downgrade, then upgrade, do you retain travel related benefits?

Offline HoKo

• View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: July 15, 2021, 05:48:44 PM »
Do I get Purchase Protection when checking out with my Chase card using Paypal?

Not 100% sure but I believe you would. And paypal has their own set of buyer protections as well...so in theory you'd have double-protection. That being said, I've heard a lot of horror stories about Paypal so not sure how much I'd want to rely on them doing the right thing

Offline simple26

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: July 30, 2021, 11:48:39 AM »
Got this in a email from chase,is it  a new benefit ?  Either way is it worth anything?

Two (2) years of Platinum Status in the Spot Club with The Parking Spot: You or an authorized user of your Chase Sapphire Preferred card will receive Platinum Status in the Spot Club for two (2) years from the date of enrollment in this offer. Must enroll by 10/26/2023. Only one person on the credit card account will be eligible to receive the benefits when enrolling the applicable credit card. You or the authorized user of your applicable credit card who sign up as a The Spot Club member will receive a one-time 20% discount off of your next parking reservation (taxes and fees excluded from the 20% off) when booking through The Parking Spot website, and enough points for one free day of parking at The Spot Club member's preferred airport on certain terms set by The Parking Spot. The Parking Spot is not available at all airports or in all states. Mobile applications, websites and other information provided by The Parking Spot are not within Chase's control and may or may not be available in Spanish. Chase is not responsible for the provision of, or the failure to provide, The Parking Spot benefits and services. Your applicable credit card account must be open and not in default to participate in this offer.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #1065 on: August 23, 2021, 06:14:43 AM »
Are there any kosher restaurants on Chase dining that can be booked for 10x points? Tried searching DDF and Chase but didn't find anything.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Online ah giten

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: August 23, 2021, 12:50:31 PM »
Are there any kosher restaurants on Chase dining that can be booked for 10x points? Tried searching DDF and Chase but didn't find anything.
I see a grand total of 8 locations in NYC. Not Kosher. But with such a tiny footprint, what can you expect?

Offline nucheiner

• View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: October 06, 2021, 08:18:55 PM »
I have an open CDW claim since April. Can I downgrade my card now in October or will that somehow affect my claim? Also can I remove the AU who was the driver and the "claimant" or would that remove the coverage?

Offline yhwzy2008

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: November 25, 2021, 12:47:00 AM »
I got declined for an insurance claim from a cancelled flight  booked on the ink preferred. Is there any small chance that I can request it to be reconsidered? TIA                                                                                                                           
      ''Trip Delay Reimbursement does not apply to any Covered Hazard delay that was made
public or known to you prior to the departure for the Covered Trip. Also, prepaid
expenses are not covered. The documentation provided indicates you were aware of the
delay prior to your departure.''
Any further process? How to determine the delay was known to you prior to departure?

Offline ckmk47

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: November 28, 2021, 03:08:00 PM »
Any further process? How to determine the delay was known to you prior to departure?
When you got to the first airport on your itinerary, you couldn't get on the plane because it was delayed. That's how you knew about the delay prior to departure.
Even if you travelled by car many hours to reach the airport, I think they call that "prior to departure".
My favorite cause: cssy.org

Offline yhwzy2008

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: November 30, 2021, 03:08:07 AM »
When you got to the first airport on your itinerary, you couldn't get on the plane because it was delayed. That's how you knew about the delay prior to departure.
Even if you travelled by car many hours to reach the airport, I think they call that "prior to departure".
Thanks for reply. My guess is pretty the same. To be honest, it seems hard to identified by insurance agent.

Offline JM

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: December 13, 2021, 10:57:09 PM »
Backyard BBQ in FL is on chase dining

Offline jrec201

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: December 19, 2021, 12:03:02 AM »
I'm seeing these exclusions for CSR purchase protection:

• Items that mysteriously disappear; “mysterious disappearance” means the vanishing of an item in an unexplained manner when there is an absence of evidence of a wrongful act by a person or persons
  • Items under the care and control of a common carrier (including U.S. Postal Service, airplanes, or delivery service)

It seems like the terms are worded such that they're funneling you into damaged (you'd send them the item) or stolen (you'd supply a police report) categories. However, if a taxi (common carrier?) drives off with my laptop sitting on the seat, I can't tell if I'd be covered.

Offline as2

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: December 20, 2021, 05:14:41 PM »
I'm seeing these exclusions for CSR purchase protection:

• Items that mysteriously disappear; “mysterious disappearance” means the vanishing of an item in an unexplained manner when there is an absence of evidence of a wrongful act by a person or persons
  • Items under the care and control of a common carrier (including U.S. Postal Service, airplanes, or delivery service)
It seems like the terms are worded such that they're funneling you into damaged (you'd send them the item) or stolen (you'd supply a police report) categories. However, if a taxi (common carrier?) drives off with my laptop sitting on the seat, I can't tell if I'd be covered.
They are simply covering themselves from people who will falsely claim their item disappeared, collect the payout, and then retrieve said item from their bedroom closet.

Your case does not seem to meet either of those disqualifying circumstances, so I'd say you are probably covered. Unless you have plans for this to happen in the future  ???  I'd give it a shot and worst they can say is no.
Memories last forever, make them while you can.

Offline normathej

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: January 05, 2022, 09:43:04 AM »
Peloton credits / bonus points extended through 6/30/2022! 

Offline Another1

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: January 18, 2022, 12:08:50 PM »
Hello.  MY CSR annual fee posted on 01/01/2022. Can I use my $300 travel credit THEN downgrade the card to CSP by 01/30?  I don't want to spend the $300 only to find out it doesn't count until after annual fee has been paid.  Thanks in advance for the tips.

Offline yomo

• View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: April 03, 2022, 05:49:40 PM »
Backyard BBQ in FL is on chase dining
Salt in NJ too. How does this work? What do you need to do to get the 10% back? Reserve through chase app and then pay with the Reserve card? Do you need to pay through UR portal somehow?
TIA!

Offline ae123

• View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: April 28, 2022, 02:48:18 PM »
1 - If I have a Sapphire Reserve CC and booked a ticket using Chase Ultimate Reward points, do I get the CSR benefits - like delayed baggage insurance etc.?
2 - If the answer is yes, what if some of the points used to book the ticket were earned with other cards & then merged into one UR account?
Thanks.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #1078 on: April 28, 2022, 02:51:50 PM »
1 - If I have a Sapphire Reserve CC and booked a ticket using Chase Ultimate Reward points, do I get the CSR benefits - like delayed baggage insurance etc.?
2 - If the answer is yes, what if some of the points used to book the ticket were earned with other cards & then merged into one UR account?
Thanks.
Yes to both.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline ae123

• View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: April 28, 2022, 02:55:41 PM »
Yes to both.
I hope you're right.
We will be purchasing some essentials right now due to your response!