Author Topic: IHG Platinum Elite. Anyone With Similar Experience ?  (Read 1131 times)

Offline ohiojeans

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
IHG Platinum Elite. Anyone With Similar Experience ?
« on: September 01, 2016, 03:49:47 PM »
I recently made a long distance trip . I called IHG to reserve a Holiday Inn Express for a stop over for my way there . On the phone IHG explained to me as a benefit of my status i If there is a room available they will upgrade me . I walked in to the hotel and asked the front desk lady what’s available . She pulled out a chart and showed me some suites . I then told her I have a reservation and asked for a upgrade . She replies ohh I am so sorry there is nothing I can do .

The way back I stayed in a Staybridge  Suites. Again I called IHG. Again they explained to me that as long as there is a room available they will upgrade me . I called the hotel without mentioning my reservation . I asked them if there are any larger Suites available . they responded yes . I then told them that I made a reservation with the main IHG office . Can I be upgraded to the larger Suite . The lady on the phone says sorry I don’t have time and hangs up the phone.

I am wondering if this upgrade policy is one big scam as they can always say its based on availability and then always claim nothing is available

Offline MosheD

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Re: IHG Platinum Elite. Anyone With Similar Experience ?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2016, 03:54:51 PM »
yes. IHG status is practically useless IME

Offline dpk4588

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2016, 03:56:27 PM »
The only 2 times I've stayed at IHG properties since I became Platinum Elite, I was upgraded both times. But I'm assuming that there are some sort of capacity controls on the suite upgrades they can give.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
-Albert Einstein

Offline 12HRS

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2016, 09:00:24 PM »
just had a real nice upgrade at intercontinental monterey with platinum elite.
intercontinental san francisco spire elite just a higher floor