Topic Wiki

Bogo walks in a room and announces that we're almost at the end, so double your money now* before it's too late! He claims there are people vouching for him, but they have never heard of him.
ExGingi talked to Bogo for a minute and let's everyone know that he knows what he's doing. Except maybe that was for another Bogo thing he's doing that may or may not MLM related. Or something like that.
Baruch won't stop calling Bogo a liar and ExGingi a fool and a liar. He's gone over to everyone and tells them this at least dozen times.
Freddie is in the back of the room just cooking his cholent. It's parve, exactly how ExGingi likes it. JJ didn't tell Freddie he was in the room as he doesn't like parve cholent or MLMs. This makes him a shvantz.
Dan is waiting for a juicy voicemail or at least an email to put in this thread. Dan loves Lakewood and was very impressed with it. Dan hates Lakewood and bashes at every opportunity {{Citation needed}}

JJ finally did teshuva. It remains to be seen if others mentioned on this thread will follow his lead.

*as long as you're from Lakewood.
« Last edited by Freddie on October 20, 2016, 06:53:59 PM »

Author Topic: BOGO Tuition Scam  (Read 158086 times)

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive PlatinumŽ
Re: BOGO Tuition Scam
« Reply #380 on: September 06, 2016, 09:17:02 PM »
Here we go again.
I'm not going there. I tried putting a little bit of a lighter tone to everything, but some would rather go in circles.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline Baruch

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: September 06, 2016, 09:23:06 PM »
I'm not going there. I tried putting a little bit of a lighter tone to everything, but some would rather go in circles.
I'm just quoting you.

Here's another quote

your response to CBC comparing bogotisky to Madooff
You are clueless.

Offline Baruch

• View Profile
« Reply #382 on: September 06, 2016, 09:23:43 PM »
If I were you I wouldn't either rehash this.

Offline aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #383 on: September 06, 2016, 09:24:27 PM »
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #384 on: September 06, 2016, 09:26:38 PM »
Ad kan hakofah gimmel.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #385 on: September 06, 2016, 09:28:22 PM »
Ad kan hakofah gimmel.
Are you going to enforce it or brr the gabbai banging on the bima while everyone keeps on going.

Offline Baruch

• View Profile
« Reply #386 on: September 06, 2016, 09:30:29 PM »
Ad kan hakofah gimmel.
Ok I'll stop. I didn't bring it up again, exgingi did. (Uch! I sound like Trump)

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #387 on: September 06, 2016, 09:31:38 PM »

(Uch! I sound like Trump)
like many of his detractors

Offline Baruch

• View Profile
« Reply #388 on: September 06, 2016, 09:34:06 PM »
BTW, @exgingi is one of my favorite DDFers. Always has something smart to add to the conversation.

I was shocked when he wrote what he did about Bogustitsky.

Peace!

Offline Baruch

• View Profile
« Reply #389 on: September 06, 2016, 09:34:28 PM »
like many of his detractors
here we go again ;D :P

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #390 on: September 06, 2016, 11:44:54 PM »
I'm just quoting you.

Here's another quote

your response to CBC comparing bogotisky to Madooff
That one is takeh not specific to the loyalty part. I sort of take it back, but here it is about the lesson who I am sure seems like like a nice guy when you meet him. Then again, so did Madoff.

Offline churnbabychurn

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: September 07, 2016, 12:00:34 AM »
BTW, @exgingi is one of my favorite DDFers. Always has something smart to add to the conversation.

Peace!
+1

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive PlatinumŽ
« Reply #392 on: September 07, 2016, 12:38:45 AM »

Peace!
Ok. So for the sake of keeping @Baruch and CBC happy, I will publicly admit that my first two posts on the subject were written without carefully reading the ad in question. All I knew about was the patent pending program, and without making any judgment call on whether it will or will not work, I did see that it might have merit.

I later realized that the ad was referring to something other than the loyalty program, and publicly acknowledged that I was clueless about it (though I did not use the term clueless), and from that point on made a clear distinction and differentiation between BOGO loyalty and the "tuition match".

While I have my own thoughts and opinions, about both the BOGO loyalty and the "tuition match", I have shared them with no one and will keep it that way. I was taking the public (and personal) approach of being דן לכף זכות, which could cover a spectrum of different possibilities.

Peace!
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 12:53:52 AM by ExGingi »
-- Dan

Offline JTZ

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: September 07, 2016, 12:43:20 AM »
Ok. So for the sake of keeping @Baruch and CBC happy, I will publicly admit that my first two posts were on the subject were written without carefully reading the ad in question. All I knew about was the patent pending program, and without making any judgment call on whether it will or will not work, I did see that it might have merit.

I later realized that the ad was referring to something other than the loyalty program, and publicly acknowledged that I was clueless about it (though I did not use the term clueless), and from that point on made a clear distinction and differentiation between BOGO loyalty and the "tuition match".

While I have my own thoughts and opinions, about both the BOGO loyalty and the "tuition match", I have shared them with no one and will keep it that way. I was taking the public (and personal) approach of being דן לכף זכות, which could cover a spectrum of different possibilities.

Peace!
Can we put a fork in this now?
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Offline yuneeq

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: September 07, 2016, 12:50:25 AM »
Ok. So for the sake of keeping @Baruch and CBC happy, I will publicly admit that my first two posts were on the subject were written without carefully reading the ad in question. All I knew about was the patent pending program, and without making any judgment call on whether it will or will not work, I did see that it might have merit.

Peace!

A little OT, but does דן לכף זכות mean that if someone gets caught stealing from many people a few times that we have to assume he is innocent when involved in similar ventures?
Visibly Jewish

Offline shulem92

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: September 07, 2016, 12:54:54 AM »
A little OT, but does דן לכף זכות mean that if someone gets caught stealing from many people a few times that we have to assume he is innocent when involved in similar ventures?
Yes that's what it means, the question is if u have to be Dan lekaf zchus

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #396 on: September 07, 2016, 01:12:53 AM »
Do you have any DP other than Ambit, for which, as @aygart pointed out, one might be excused?

I do not put it beyond any Ambit promoter to be ignorant of the impossiblity of promising savings, or even about the shady fine print in the contracts, until they become aware through personal experience, which can come sooner or later.

I might be naive, but I tend to see everyone as innocent until proven guilty. That doesn't mean that I don't use caution, or that I trust statements made (especially when it comes to financial issues and products). On the contrary, I have a tendency (might be from the school of life) to question almost every statement or promise I hear, and am very cautious when presenting to my clients to the point that I would rather kill the sale with disclosures, than have an unhappy customer down the road.
-- Dan

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #397 on: September 07, 2016, 01:17:25 AM »
Yes that's what it means, the question is if u have to be Dan lekaf zchus
I don't know if you have to be דן לכף זכות, but I am quite positive that everyone here would like to have that applied to themselves (especially on ר״ה and יו״כ) and after all don't we say מאי דסני עלך לא תעביד לחברך?
-- Dan

Offline yosefchaim

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: September 07, 2016, 03:24:19 PM »
I don't know if you have to be דן לכף זכות, but I am quite positive that everyone here would like to have that applied to themselves (especially on ר״ה and יו״כ) and after all don't we say מאי דסני עלך לא תעביד לחברך?
IF, again IF, the plan was to invest the money he got, then I would think it's straight out Genava. People who gave to it, are assuming there is some anonymous donor helping out struggling families and Mosdos, which makes it a P'ekodon. Not that are giving it as an Iska (Ribbis?) to hopefully make some money. (Again maybe we should be Dan L'chaf Zechus that this was not his intention, and rather there was a secret benefactor here.)

Offline mendy from lakewood

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 26
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Premier 1K, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, National EE, Hertz Presidential.
« Reply #399 on: September 07, 2016, 03:29:51 PM »
wiki definitely has to be updated :D :D :D
"Respect is earned, Honesty is appreciated, Trust is gained, Loyalty is returned"