Topic Wiki

Bogo walks in a room and announces that we're almost at the end, so double your money now* before it's too late! He claims there are people vouching for him, but they have never heard of him.
ExGingi talked to Bogo for a minute and let's everyone know that he knows what he's doing. Except maybe that was for another Bogo thing he's doing that may or may not MLM related. Or something like that.
Baruch won't stop calling Bogo a liar and ExGingi a fool and a liar. He's gone over to everyone and tells them this at least dozen times.
Freddie is in the back of the room just cooking his cholent. It's parve, exactly how ExGingi likes it. JJ didn't tell Freddie he was in the room as he doesn't like parve cholent or MLMs. This makes him a shvantz.
Dan is waiting for a juicy voicemail or at least an email to put in this thread. Dan loves Lakewood and was very impressed with it. Dan hates Lakewood and bashes at every opportunity {{Citation needed}}

JJ finally did teshuva. It remains to be seen if others mentioned on this thread will follow his lead.

*as long as you're from Lakewood.
« Last edited by Freddie on October 20, 2016, 06:53:59 PM »

Author Topic: BOGO Tuition Scam  (Read 158124 times)

Offline churnbabychurn

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Lakewood NJ Master Thread
« Reply #100 on: September 04, 2016, 11:42:23 AM »

mendy from lakewood's tag line is very appropriate in this case.

It seems to me that Z.B. might be shooting himself in the foot, if indeed this wasn't coordinated with the schools. His BOGO loyalty (patent pending!) idea has merit, but if he was planning to launch it on a trial basis in Lakewood, and gets the word out with what might be a questionable campaign, what are his chances for buy-in for the actual program (though in that there's really nothing to be lost by consumers).

As for Ambit, by his admission he did introduce and promote it in Lakewood. I don't think anything was done with malice. Anyone that understand how markets and math works, should have seen that something had to explode there. He claims to have learned his lesson from that and came up with an idea that IMHO does have merit (I never said that about Ambit, and I actually think there are strong reasons why retail energy SHOULD be regulated).

However, even the best most legitimate business concept could fail. I hope he does succeed (he is a Yid and definitely has good intentions) though as said above, if he gets introduced to the community through what looks like a half baked good idea, he might simply be shooting himself in the leg.
Wow, now You're defending Ambit??

I'm getting suspicious about how involved you actually are in this... Did you actually invest in BOGO?

Offline lfas25

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 04, 2016, 11:45:27 AM »
This is from a reliable source:

"I have been contacted by Rabonim, Friends and askonim.  I have no relationship whatsoever to this BOGO fund and neither do I know anything about it.  I am in no way behind it or funding it. 

People should do research and verify who this person is and what the supposed fund or organization truly is. 

Sincerely
Tzvi Bogomilsky
Miami Beach,FL
I only paid 15% by switching to dansdeals

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #102 on: September 04, 2016, 11:48:46 AM »
Wow, now You're defending Ambit??

Where do you see that? He supposedly learned his lesson from there. What lesson? Maybe that he can trick money away from people.

Very confidence inspiring. I introduced a bad product to Lakewood and profited off of them losing thousands of dollars, but now I learnde my lesson so trust me now with millions. Why? Be cause I say I learned my lesson. How do we know that the poor business accumen has improved? He says so!

BTW, regarding energy deregulation regarding residential in NY it can definitely use more regulation. As someone deeply involved in that industry I recommend against NY residential customers enrolling with ESCOs. Larger accounts stand to gain much if done properly even in NY. In NJ and many other states it is even simpler. I have saved companies millions of dollars through deregulated energy, but it needs to be done right. Unfortunately most in the business are unequipped to do it right. MLMs like Ambit where the entire model is to have those with no knowledge of the industry sell the product to the most ignorangt customers are a sure recipe for disaster.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline Fish Tank

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
Re: BOGO Tuition Scam
« Reply #103 on: September 04, 2016, 11:53:20 AM »
BTW, regarding energy deregulation regarding residential in NY it can definitely use more regulation. As someone deeply involved in that industry I recommend against NY residential customers enrolling with ESCOs. Larger accounts stand to gain much if done properly even in NY. In NJ and many other states it is even simpler. I have saved companies millions of dollars through deregulated energy, but it needs to be done right. Unfortunately most in the business are unequipped to do it right. MLMs like Ambit where the entire model is to have those with no knowledge of the industry sell the product to the most ignorangt customers are a sure recipe for disaster.
Great job going OT about energy deregulation. Now that you got in your free advertising, lets get back on topic.

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 04, 2016, 11:58:19 AM »
Go ahead

Offline Moshe123

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Lost
« Reply #105 on: September 04, 2016, 12:06:17 PM »
Small town. So many suckers.

No bias here. Majority of family there.

Offline Saver2000

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 04, 2016, 12:09:20 PM »

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #107 on: September 04, 2016, 12:12:53 PM »
I stand corrected then, targeting.

Why don't we see these in CLE for example?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 04, 2016, 12:17:56 PM »
I stand corrected then, targeting.

Why don't we see these in CLE for example?
Not profitable enough

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #109 on: September 04, 2016, 12:18:53 PM »
LA?
Crown Heights?

Why is it always Lakewood?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Toasted

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 04, 2016, 12:19:04 PM »
It's actually not such a hot seller. Only 135k. We're not the suckers ZB thought we were.

Offline mendy from lakewood

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 26
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Premier 1K, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, National EE, Hertz Presidential.
« Reply #111 on: September 04, 2016, 12:49:52 PM »
It's actually not such a hot seller. Only 135k. We're not the suckers ZB thought we were.
that is still very bad!
"Respect is earned, Honesty is appreciated, Trust is gained, Loyalty is returned"

Offline ExGingi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive PlatinumŽ
« Reply #112 on: September 04, 2016, 12:55:33 PM »
Very confidence inspiring. I introduced a bad product to Lakewood and profited off of them losing thousands of dollars, but now I learnde my lesson so trust me now with millions. Why? Be cause I say I learned my lesson. How do we know that the poor business accumen has improved? He says so!
This is exactly why I said he is shooting himself in his own leg.

I think the actual BOGO loyalty program might have potential. There is definitely nothing to be lost by joining it. Just think of earning points for spending you already do, if it doesn't work out and the points end up worthless, did you lose anything?

However as I have said before, I know nothing about this "tuition match" that he's offering, and suggested not to give any money unless the school would accept it towards tuition obligation.

I am דן לכף זכות and don't think there is malicious intent involved, nor do I think there was such with his promotion of Ambit (though I have no idea how cbc gets the idea that I've ever endorsed Ambit, nothing can be further from the truth).
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 04, 2016, 01:09:37 PM »
This is exactly why I said he is shooting himself in his own leg.

I think the actual BOGO loyalty program might have potential. There is definitely nothing to be lost by joining it. Just think of earning points for spending you already do, if it doesn't work out and the points end up worthless, did you lose anything?

However as I have said before, I know nothing about this "tuition match" that he's offering, and suggested not to give any money unless the school would accept it towards tuition obligation.

I am דן לכף זכות and don't think there is malicious intent involved, nor do I think there was such with his promotion of Ambit (though I have no idea how cbc gets the idea that I've ever endorsed Ambit, nothing can be further from the truth).
I can believe that ambit was from naivete. Why should anyone think this is different other than his say so?

Offline YossieW

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 516
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 04, 2016, 01:11:09 PM »
LA?
Crown Heights?

Why is it always Lakewood?

i agree it seems that i only hear of these things either in the forums or from connections in Lakewood, i cant recall of any Los Angeles scams like this

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 04, 2016, 01:15:33 PM »
However, even the best most legitimate business concept could fail. I hope he does succeed (he is a Yid and definitely has good intentions) though as said above, if he gets introduced to the community through what looks like a half baked good idea, he might simply be shooting himself in the leg.
You ever hear about the kosher switch? Where is CM when we need him?  >:(
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Offline ExGingi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive PlatinumŽ
« Reply #116 on: September 04, 2016, 01:18:46 PM »
I can believe that ambit was from naivete. Why should anyone think this is different other than his say so?
Which is why I said check with the schools.

I am drawing a line between his BOGO loyalty business venture and the "tuition match". The business venture has potential (though I still have some unanswered questions), the tuition match is something on which I would rather not speculate.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 04, 2016, 01:23:56 PM »
Which is why I said check with the schools.

I am drawing a line between his BOGO loyalty business venture and the "tuition match". The business venture has potential (though I still have some unanswered questions), the tuition match is something on which I would rather not speculate.
You are clueless.
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Offline David Smith

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 04, 2016, 01:52:14 PM »
Whoever is contributing; I hope they're using a good credit card for when dispute time comes...
Who do you think you are fooling? You think you are going to pull a quick one on your Creator? Good luck with that.
JTZ

Offline LoLo

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 04, 2016, 02:04:09 PM »
Whoever is contributing; I hope they're using a good credit card for when dispute time comes...
It's a donation, wonder how successful a dispute will be.