Topic Wiki

Bogo walks in a room and announces that we're almost at the end, so double your money now* before it's too late! He claims there are people vouching for him, but they have never heard of him.
ExGingi talked to Bogo for a minute and let's everyone know that he knows what he's doing. Except maybe that was for another Bogo thing he's doing that may or may not MLM related. Or something like that.
Baruch won't stop calling Bogo a liar and ExGingi a fool and a liar. He's gone over to everyone and tells them this at least dozen times.
Freddie is in the back of the room just cooking his cholent. It's parve, exactly how ExGingi likes it. JJ didn't tell Freddie he was in the room as he doesn't like parve cholent or MLMs. This makes him a shvantz.
Dan is waiting for a juicy voicemail or at least an email to put in this thread. Dan loves Lakewood and was very impressed with it. Dan hates Lakewood and bashes at every opportunity {{Citation needed}}

JJ finally did teshuva. It remains to be seen if others mentioned on this thread will follow his lead.

*as long as you're from Lakewood.
« Last edited by Freddie on October 20, 2016, 06:53:59 PM »

Author Topic: BOGO Tuition Scam  (Read 158152 times)

Offline JTZ

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Lakewood NJ Master Thread
« Reply #240 on: September 05, 2016, 07:59:42 AM »
Now go back and read what I wrote and point out where I was defending the "tuition match fund".
I am sure many would agree this was a defense of it.
I have no idea who Schiener is, but I did have a lengthy conversation with Zvi about this. It is a real concept, innovative, and while it is essentially a business concept, he's thinking outside the box and can potentially help lots of people pay their tuition bills (and help Moisdos struggling to cover their budget deficits).
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Offline David Smith

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
Re: BOGO Tuition Scam
« Reply #241 on: September 05, 2016, 09:03:46 AM »
You are a liar. I said you were a fool for defending BOGO.

So that makes you a fool and a liar.

This is getting inappropriately personal.

Who do you think you are fooling? You think you are going to pull a quick one on your Creator? Good luck with that.
JTZ

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #242 on: September 05, 2016, 09:20:07 AM »
I am sure many would agree this was a defense of it.
He later explained that this was about the loyalty portion and not this matching thing.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline A3

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 05, 2016, 09:21:54 AM »
He later explained that this was about the loyalty portion and not this matching thing.
A little advice....
Quite while your ahead.

Are you with him or against him?

Just say it straight out.

Offline churnbabychurn

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Lakewood NJ Master Thread
« Reply #244 on: September 05, 2016, 09:29:11 AM »
A little advice....
Quite while your ahead.

Quit while you're ahead.....

Offline Baruch

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 05, 2016, 09:32:19 AM »
Simple reading comprehension. Look what I wrote, and how you responded:

So now tell me again who is lying? When I state that I have not invested and suggest that people take prudent actions you call me a fool, and when I quote you for what you said, you call me a liar.
lol, I was quoting e/t you said, and calling you a fool.
I, you, and everyone knew that I wasn't saying your a fool for not investing.
It's really crooked to do that. (But I guess that's why you like this Bogusmitisky guy)

« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 09:37:08 AM by Baruch »

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 05, 2016, 09:50:41 AM »
A little advice....
Quite while your ahead.

Why do I need to be one or the other? The whole tuition match thing has so many red flags that you would need to be blind to get anywhere near it. ZB has shown himself to be of poor judgement and there is no reason to believe that he has learned his lesson. Just the opposite-the way he took what could be a potentially good idea of a loyalty program towards tuition and made it into a pyramid with all of his dishonest marketing shows that he has not learned his lesson. ExGingi's defending him just shows how easily influenced people are and is very apropos to this weeks parsha where it talks about bribery blinding the wise.

Baruch on the other hand very childishly blindly quoted posts of his and called him a fool. In the process he actually called him a fool for saying NOT to put money into it without verifying it and ExGingi took advantage of that. This is what would be called a word-thinker in the article below. This mindset has been evident in other areas of this forum as well.

http://blog.dilbert.com/post/147595892021/how-persuaders-see-the-world

Offline Baruch

• View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 05, 2016, 10:05:36 AM »
Why do I need to be one or the other? The whole tuition match thing has so many red flags that you would need to be blind to get anywhere near it. ZB has shown himself to be of poor judgement and there is no reason to believe that he has learned his lesson. Just the opposite-the way he took what could be a potentially good idea of a loyalty program towards tuition and made it into a pyramid with all of his dishonest marketing shows that he has not learned his lesson. ExGingi's defending him just shows how easily influenced people are and is very apropos to this weeks parsha where it talks about bribery blinding the wise.

Baruch on the other hand very childishly blindly quoted posts of his and called him a fool. In the process he actually called him a fool for saying NOT to put money into it without verifying it and ExGingi took advantage of that. This is what would be called a word-thinker in the article below. This mindset has been evident in other areas of this forum as well.

http://blog.dilbert.com/post/147595892021/how-persuaders-see-the-world
I agree with your whole post (including the characterization of my tirade as childish, I guess it can be viewed that way, if you didn't just come back from having tens of people ask you if they should invest in this scam).

I don't see the connection between exgingi's crookedness and Dilbert's Word-Thinkers. Exgingi flat out lied, what does that have to do with that article?

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 05, 2016, 10:10:57 AM »
I don't see the connection between exgingi's crookedness and Dilbert's Word-Thinkers. Exgingi flat out lied, what does that have to do with that article?
He didn't lie. That is what you did even though it was obviously not your intent. The connection to the word think was the way once you decided that he was not being rational you attacked everytrhing he wrote without discriminating (see the other thread about that) between what was wrong and what actually made some level of sense. In doing so you DID call him a fool for saying not to invest  without looking into it. Your intent was obviously not that one should invest without looking into it but that is what you wrote in haste.

Offline username

• View Profile
  • Programs: ┌──────────────────┐ │───> Ữ₴ΣЯИΛΜӘ <─── │ └──────────────────┘
« Reply #249 on: September 05, 2016, 10:19:55 AM »
We need a WIKI now to strraighten ot this whole mess, who holds what, who is a liar, and who is a fool. My head is spinning.
^^^

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #250 on: September 05, 2016, 10:22:13 AM »
We need a WIKI now to strraighten ot this whole mess, who holds what, who is a liar, and who is a fool. My head is spinning.
Either that or ignore all the noise. My whole point was that sorting people into teams and joining one only makes you lose objectivity and you end up saying something stupid or attacking someone for just the wrong reason.

Offline Baruch

• View Profile
« Reply #251 on: September 05, 2016, 10:23:34 AM »
It's very clear. As much backing away from it, and spinning that @exgingi is trying to do, he defended this scam, and is trying to widdle his way out of it.

So for the record, @exgingi is a fool who defended the BOGO scam.

Here it is
I have no idea who Schiener is, but I did have a lengthy conversation with Zvi about this. It is a real concept, innovative, and while it is essentially a business concept, he's thinking outside the box and can potentially help lots of people pay their tuition bills (and help Moisdos struggling to cover their budget deficits).

Think about UR or MR style points that can be used to pay tuition, you can earn a lot of them but they expire fast if you don't use them.

Offline Baruch

• View Profile
« Reply #252 on: September 05, 2016, 10:27:36 AM »
He didn't lie. That is what you did even though it was obviously not your intent. The connection to the word think was the way once you decided that he was not being rational you attacked everytrhing he wrote without discriminating (see the other thread about that) between what was wrong and what actually made some level of sense. In doing so you DID call him a fool for saying not to invest  without looking into it. Your intent was obviously not that one should invest without looking into it but that is what you wrote in haste.
I'm still confused, but I'm not into That Dilbert guy either way.

Offline Cheesecake

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: September 05, 2016, 10:32:18 AM »
It's very clear. As much backing away from it, and spinning that @exgingi is trying to do, he defended this scam, and is trying to widdle his way out of it.

Here it is
No need to attack someone like that.

Offline Toasted

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: September 05, 2016, 10:35:49 AM »
No need to attack someone like that.
He just quoted the guys words.

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #255 on: September 05, 2016, 10:36:19 AM »

Here it is
Please explain the scam about a loyalty program where stores give credits to customers towards their tuition. WITHOUT MENTIONING THE MATCHING GARBAGE WHICH IS A SCAM

FTR, I see numerous issues with the way this loyalty program is structured but it is something which in theory CAN work even though I don't think it would. He differentiated between those two aspects of BOGO. Are you capable of doing the same?

Offline Cheesecake

• View Profile
« Reply #256 on: September 05, 2016, 10:36:21 AM »
He just quoted the guys words.
That's not all he did.

Offline Cheesecake

• View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 05, 2016, 10:38:09 AM »
Please explain the scam about a loyalty program where stores give credits to customers towards their tuition. WITHOUT MENTIONING THE MATCHING GARBAGE WHICH IS A SCAM

FTR, I see numerous issues with the way this loyalty program is structured but it is something which in theory CAN work even though I don't think it would. He differentiated between those two aspects of BOGO. Are you capable of doing the same?
Is the original loyalty program much different than Chessed Dollars and similar programs?

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #258 on: September 05, 2016, 10:38:57 AM »
I'm still confused, but I'm not into That Dilbert guy either way.
You are still doing it. Often within one statement there are parts which are true, false, and grey. You seem unable to discriminate between them. Once he defended one aspect of BOGO and didn't have the same SCAM yell as you everything all the nuance in what he wrote was ignored.

Offline yakov116

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: September 05, 2016, 10:42:09 AM »
Can everyone grow up?
Money talks...mine says goodbye!