Topic Wiki

Or if you have t-mobile use T-mobile digits and you can avoid the whole google voice saga!
 Just make sure to use data only verses cellular mode.

Or with Verizon use Message+ and enable voice calls.

« Last edited by myi on January 21, 2020, 09:17:58 PM »

Author Topic: How To Use Google Voice When Traveling To Israel Or another country?  (Read 2090 times)

Online myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 292
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
Re: How To Use Google Voice When Traveling To Israel Or another country?
« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2020, 01:19:16 PM »
I think any cell phone store. They call them "talkman".
They don't go by month. You refill when you use it up. Like the old fashioned prepaid.
That's pretty cool. That means there's no need for me to worry when I leave for 5 months I can come back and pop my sim in and have service when I land.
Vs having a plan and the need to find someone each month to make it worth for me to keep my sim open.
Don't try to be someone else , be who you are because everyone else is taken.

Offline ziv716

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
    • TechLogic Computer Experts
« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2020, 01:23:10 PM »
That's pretty cool. That means there's no need for me to worry when I leave for 5 months I can come back and pop my sim in and have service when I land.
Vs having a plan and the need to find someone each month to make it worth for me to keep my sim open.
It's not necessarily cheaper. Golan has plans available as low as 29 nis month. And you get huge amounts of data. Vs the prepaid you are more limited.

Online myi

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2020, 01:25:43 PM »
It's not necessarily cheaper. Golan has plans available as low as 29 nis month. And you get huge amounts of data. Vs the prepaid you are more limited.
Gotchya.
 That's the catch.

Yes the 29 NIS plans for two years come with unlimited or like 50 GB. Vs the prepaid I'm assuming a lot less?
   I guess I'll have to try next time around.

Offline elikay

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2020, 03:21:01 PM »
Heres what I just got https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sim-019-Mobile-Israel-Card-30days-20GB-Internet-4G-Data-Prepaid-Nano-Micro-3in1/292882389711? $26 for unlimited talk and text and 20gb for one month. Dunno how much it is really worth, but this ships from brooklyn so you get it fairly quickly...

Online myi

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2020, 03:27:34 PM »
Heres what I just got https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sim-019-Mobile-Israel-Card-30days-20GB-Internet-4G-Data-Prepaid-Nano-Micro-3in1/292882389711? $26 for unlimited talk and text and 20gb for one month. Dunno how much it is really worth, but this ships from brooklyn so you get it fairly quickly...
Or if your going for 10 days or a bit longer and don't want to spend $15 extra($25 total) you can find a DDF member who has extra Sims that's not using them and renting for $12-$15 for a week+, aside for my Sims being 50gb+.
   Me myself have two available should one need.

Online myi

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2020, 03:28:39 PM »
And you'll need to use Google Voice to make outgoing calls to the USA and Canada.

Offline DaninMCI

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
    • FreeStateTours
I've used GV all over the world for many years (10+)and have found that it really only works well on wifi on land. It will work on cruise ships, etc. but not awesome. I've also had to purchase credits to use it in some locations. The credits are cheap but just an extra step. I've never had to buy a sim card to use it, just through the installed apps. I use it for my home landline (VIOP) with an Obidai box (2 lines actually). Saying all that so you don't think I'm just spouting off. I run small private tours to Israel and Europe and have migrated over to Google Fi from Verizon and At&t. The service is awesome in the USA and it just works seamlessly in Israel and elsewhere. It is also much cheaper than many cell phone plans and even better if you use is family style with a large group. My wife and I use it for business and are heavy data, text and voice users so we have the unlimited plan and pay about $135 a month for two phones. Also, the Google Fi Pixel Android phones work really well also.

Online chff

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
  • Programs: All of them...
Cool feature I didn't know. I was in Canada and had in mind but forgot to turn off the "call thru Voice for Intl calls" and I made a call and got this popup