Topic Wiki

50,000 Membership RewardsŪ points

Earn 50,000 Membership RewardsŪ points after you spend $10,000 in purchases on the Business Platinum Card in the first 5 months from the date your account is upgraded.

To be eligible to earn 50,000 Membership RewardsŪ points, your request for the Business Platinum Card must be received by 12/31/2016.

Author Topic: Targeted for AMEX 50000 PTS Upgrade Biz Gold -> Biz Plat?  (Read 13879 times)

Offline Cw3323

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UR, MR, UA, AA, JB, HH.
Re: Targeted for AMEX 50000 PTS Upgrade Biz Gold -> Biz Plat?
« Reply #60 on: October 27, 2016, 12:00:04 AM »
They called me up and gave me this offer. But why not open a new card and get another 50k ?

Offline mmgfarb

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 27, 2016, 12:03:05 AM »
They called me up and gave me this offer. But why not open a new card and get another 50k ?
It would only makes sense to upgrade if you already got a bonus on the biz plat in the past and the upgrade offer didn't have language.
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline SuiteJ

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 07, 2016, 08:57:40 PM »
It would only makes sense to upgrade if you already got a bonus on the biz plat in the past and the upgrade offer didn't have language.
Is it confirmed that if the upgrade offer has "Offer is available for first-time upgrades to the new Business Platinum Card only and for one Card account only.", then the bonus will not be honored?

Offline mmgfarb

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 07, 2016, 08:59:39 PM »
Is it confirmed that if the upgrade offer has "Offer is available for first-time upgrades to the new Business Platinum Card only and for one Card account only.", then the bonus will not be honored?
That should work as long as you've never upgraded a card to a business Plat before.
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline SuiteJ

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 07, 2016, 09:05:12 PM »
That should work as long as you've never upgraded a card to a business Plat before.
Thank you, however I am asking because:
A) I have upgraded twice already but I don't recall ever seeing this language (though one of my previous upgrades were over the phone).
B) I have upgraded this exact card from Gold to Biz, downgraded to Green and now have the offer on this very card to (re)upgrade.

Offline mmgfarb

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 07, 2016, 09:12:36 PM »
Thank you, however I am asking because:
A) I have upgraded twice already but I don't recall ever seeing this language (though one of my previous upgrades were over the phone).
B) I have upgraded this exact card from Gold to Biz, downgraded to Green and now have the offer on this very card to (re)upgrade.
It sounds like it may not work then but IMBW.

Offline cashasap

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 10, 2016, 12:51:21 PM »
on me and wifes acct i was able to get this offer to pop up on the right hand side (by useful links) simply by logging in in incognito mode ::)
Pinnaclewholesalegroup.com