Author Topic: A little different Maldives TR  (Read 31010 times)

Offline Denverite

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: A little different Maldives TR
« Reply #60 on: February 27, 2020, 11:38:57 AM »
Where would you go for beach villas and just as good service/ambiance/privacy/seclusion that's closer to the US? Not a challenge, curious...

Interested as well. Especially if points can be used.

I think this is actually the 64k question!  I don't want to mispeak for Dan but I think he means if you just want a private pool you can get that in Orlando or Phoenix. And if you want a private pool on a beach then you can get this in Cancun (or @yehuda, with points in Cabo at the new Waldorf Astoria property and there are some other Caribbean ones available through new Hyatt partnerships). 

Those places in Mexico and the Caribbean should also offer good service and ambiance.  I know I sound like a broken record but as far as the privacy and seclusion, the absolute whole package, I just can't think of anywhere else besides the Maldives, it's as close as any of us will get to being on our own upscale private island.  Even when you are out of your unit and walking on the beach you are most likely not to see another soul around.  Also, the fact that the Conrad has two islands, I felt a huge difference even between the seclusion of the quiet island and the main one where the beach villas, restaurant, check-in, etc. were.  Staying on the quiet island was just a different experience (so I'd make sure to request it if you are going, and they do have base unit OWV's on the quiet island), another level up of privacy and secluded feel and just magical.

Offline Yehuda25

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
Re: A little different Maldives TR
« Reply #61 on: February 16, 2021, 12:44:10 PM »

I think this is actually the 64k question!  I don't want to mispeak for Dan but I think he means if you just want a private pool you can get that in Orlando or Phoenix. And if you want a private pool on a beach then you can get this in Cancun (or @yehuda, with points in Cabo at the new Waldorf Astoria property and there are some other Caribbean ones available through new Hyatt partnerships). 

Those places in Mexico and the Caribbean should also offer good service and ambiance.  I know I sound like a broken record but as far as the privacy and seclusion, the absolute whole package, I just can't think of anywhere else besides the Maldives, it's as close as any of us will get to being on our own upscale private island.  Even when you are out of your unit and walking on the beach you are most likely not to see another soul around.  Also, the fact that the Conrad has two islands, I felt a huge difference even between the seclusion of the quiet island and the main one where the beach villas, restaurant, check-in, etc. were.  Staying on the quiet island was just a different experience (so I'd make sure to request it if you are going, and they do have base unit OWV's on the quiet island), another level up of privacy and secluded feel and just magical.
+1
“To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.”

― Aristotle