Topic Wiki

Pickup location: Tel Aviv Airport
Drop Off location: Tel Aviv airport
Pickup date & time: Sunday night Nov.23th 630pm
Drop Off Date & Time: Sunday night nov 30th  930 pm
Preferred Car Size: midsize
Age (if under 25):
Do you need insurance : price both ways ( I think they require it)
« Last edited by rhagler on October 23, 2014, 02:38:01 PM »

Author Topic: INTERNATIONAL: Need help finding a rental car? Post here! (Master thread)  (Read 448412 times)

Offline moko

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: INTERNATIONAL: Need help finding a rental car? Post here! (Master thread)
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2012, 11:55:54 PM »
San Juan- jan. 27-31
bump
thanx for the pm Cbs but do u have a car for me?

Offline Fan of Dan

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: INTERNATIONAL: Need help finding a rental car? Post here! (Master thread)
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2012, 07:55:39 PM »
I want to rent car from San Jose (pref airport) costa rica.
Return Liberia (LIR) Costa Rica.
March 27 to April 4
4wd is only preference.
I am 24

Trouble is there seems to be a mandatory insurance LW that costs about 20 usd a day

Offline db123

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
hi want to rent from melbourne australia airport: 3/13-3/20( morning). what is a good corporate to use..am over 25 have usaa, gold plus and am both an australian and u.s. resident..? (avis or hertz though would prefer hertz all things equal)
thx

Offline myb821

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
need help from venice to rome july2nd to 6th under 25 and automatic any help would be appreciated

Offline carele1

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
myb821 are you over 23?
CarLrent.com best prices for car rentals worldwide.

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
Milan april 9th-12th
over 21
cheapest car size.
I have only found really expensive ($245) so any help would be great. Thanks!!!
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline carele1

• View Profile
jj1000, u'r looking for a "Manuel" or "Auto"?

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
jj1000, u'r looking for a "Manuel" or "Auto"?
I don't know how to drive manual but I suppose if its a rental I could learn. Right?

Offline carele1

• View Profile
the cheapest Auto  i can find in MXP is 223, including CDW and LW an Under Age fee, A manuel i can get you for 162.35

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
the cheapest Auto  i can find in MXP is 223, including CDW and LW an Under Age fee, A manuel i can get you for 162.35
That's pretty good. Can you post where and how I can reserve those rates? Thank you!

Offline myb821

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Does anyone know of good codes/ways to rent in Europe? If you don't want to post it here can you please PM me, it would be greatly appreciated. I need to rent from somewhere around western Poland for about 8-10 days... The cheapest I found was with Avis in Krakow  for 8 days April 8th to the 18th for 323.92 USD for the cheapest car (happens to be manual which I'll learn). Again any help would be great.  Thanks!

Offline Cashman

• View Profile
Looking to rent a car
YUL
04/09-04/11
age 22
Full size

Offline MLM

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT PLAT, UA LT PP, FPC LT PLAT, HH DIAMOND,
I need a car at YUL for 4/23-4/25 and it seems that BMG corp wont work for Hertz. I tried Chabad enterprise but they are sold out. Any advice?

Thanks

Offline PlatinumGuy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
I need a car at YUL for 4/23-4/25 and it seems that BMG corp wont work for Hertz. I tried Chabad enterprise but they are sold out. Any advice?

Thanks
Hertz South America, with USAA CDP 77694
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline askmoses

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
Hertz South America, with USAA CDP 77694

Will this still work? If I sign up for USAA do I need to wait for card or will I be able to rent right away.

Offline askmoses

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
Updated posting....
Anyone have updates on whether this would work? I'm unsure of what to do at the moment... Need help for a trip to Montreal and either will go Avios and rent in YUL or Rent somewhere around Brooklyn and drive up. I am not too familiar with rental cars as I haven't needed to rent in a while so I'm hoping something better then my own research will come forth here. I tried the Argentina in NY and found it cheaper, but was told they will never actually let my friend rent with that rate... Will it work in YUL? Is USAA perhaps a better option? What about Dollar corporate?

Would be for someone under 25 (over 21) and if he rents in NY would need to have mileage that will let him go to Canada. He did just sign up for USAA but now I heard in NY they make problems if you don't have your membership card (he was given a membership # right away) anyone heard of this??

I'm sorry for the rambling but my head it whirling as it seems the car rental game has changed since I last was involved...

And after all this I will have to figure out hotels... Youch... a friend indeed :)

Offline Knaper_Chuchem

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
7 Passenger van (Automatic transmission) at (BGY) BERGAMO AIRPORT, ITALY, Jun 08, 2012 10:00 AM -  Jun 10, 2012 10:00 AM.

I have a confirmation number with Thrifty on a Mercedes-Benz Vito for 196,50 € , but they canceled the reservation, when calling them they claim that I canceled it, and there's no way they can confirm it now because it's a specialty car that needs 72 hours in advance booking. Anybody?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 12:26:45 AM by Knaper_Chuchem »

Offline Galitzyaner

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
OT/General question:

Am I out of the loop?  Is there some reason why you folks don't seems to be renting through cheap places like Priceline, Hotwire, OneTravel etc.. or searching Kayak?

Is there some sort of coverage you will be lacking, by renting through these places?

From all the searches I've done, it seems waaay cheaper by booking through the above places (even automatics)..
So why on earth do you guys pay ... more????!

From what I read up here on the DDF, the CC companies do cover the CDW when you book through priceline etc..

So, can someone please enlighten a poor ignorant fella'?

Offline carele1

• View Profile
7 Passenger van (Automatic transmission) at (BGY) BERGAMO AIRPORT, ITALY, Jun 08, 2012 10:00 AM -  Jun 10, 2012 10:00 AM.

I have a confirmation number with Thrifty on a Mercedes-Benz Vito for 196,50 € , but they canceled the reservation, when calling them they claim that I canceled it, and there's no way they can confirm it now because it's a specialty car that needs 72 hours in advance booking. Anybody?

can try to help you, but in general in Europe when you reserve a bigger or more expensive car, like fullsize automatics or minivans automatic, and its not prepaid, they will cancel you reservation, and not honor it, even its not canceled, they only keep these cars for prepaid reservations.