Author Topic: Best Coach service to TLV  (Read 2425 times)

Offline Miami00

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Best Coach service to TLV
« on: April 04, 2011, 08:38:31 PM »
Hi,

Booking flights and trying to find the most comfortable coach and business class service from US to Israel.

Any input is appreciated

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: Best Coach service to TLV
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 08:41:44 PM »
When are you traveling?
Once Continental has economy plus installed I would say they are the best in coach and business.

People like USAir but I've had so many bad experiences with them I won't step on one of their planes unless I it's free (like it was going to LAS the last time I flew them!)
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Miami00

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2011, 08:44:31 PM »
Dan,

We're traveling January, 2012

Thanks

Offline Miami00

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 08:54:41 PM »
Has anyone tried Iberia?

Offline yare

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2011, 11:11:36 PM »
the aa/iberia flights from miami to madrid are pretty bad.   they had no screens on my flight... that ws 8 hours of entertaining a 3 yr old on a small plane with no screen... ouch.   
i recently flew usair into philly and found the leg room and width of the seat much better than elal or delta. i haven't been in co from tlv so i can't compare it.   the screen was also very nice size and nice selection.    i did find the shape of the seat back and recline to be very uncomfortable though.   

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2011, 11:45:27 PM »
On CO all seats have on demand audio/video screens.  Most seats also have regular AC chargers for your own electronics.   I don't think they are implementing Economy Plus until 2012 though.

I think their service and food will be better than US and they CO has more flight time options than US with 2 daily flights.  Look at SeatGuru for seat recommendations on the 777-200.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline josh nyc

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2011, 10:12:21 AM »
the aa/iberia flights from miami to madrid are pretty bad.   they had no screens on my flight... that ws 8 hours of entertaining a 3 yr old on a small plane with no screen... ouch.   
i recently flew usair into philly and found the leg room and width of the seat much better than elal or delta. i haven't been in co from tlv so i can't compare it.   the screen was also very nice size and nice selection.    i did find the shape of the seat back and recline to be very uncomfortable though.   

I did that flight on Iberia, AAcodeshare and had a 777-200 and had screens. No menu with options like most international flights but they had 12 channels of junk. Not great but not as bad as nothing. That was in Summer 09. DId you fly before or after that?

Offline kivabb

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2011, 10:25:19 AM »
How about Lufthansa? Do they have on demand audio/video screens at least from JFK to Frankfurt?

Offline yare

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2011, 11:32:12 AM »
I did that flight on Iberia, AAcodeshare and had a 777-200 and had screens. No menu with options like most international flights but they had 12 channels of junk. Not great but not as bad as nothing. That was in Summer 09. DId you fly before or after that?
i was april 2010.   it could be they have different planes for the route depending on teh day/season.   most of the aa codeshare flights through europe that i've been on in coach have been pretty lousy.   though i have gotten one or two nice ones...

Offline LAXtraveler

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AAdvantage, DL Skymiles, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis Preferred, National Executive, Hertz #1 Club Gold
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2011, 11:36:17 AM »
Maybe its because I'm in LA so I like the long non-stop, but I generally like El Al. I think its nice to be with a whole crew of Jews and I think the food and service is generally pretty good. Most of the 777s coming to/from LAX have the AVOD (instead of the old looped system) and I like the convenience of getting on and off without worrying about anything else.

Offline josh nyc

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2011, 12:35:34 PM »
i was april 2010.   it could be they have different planes for the route depending on teh day/season.   most of the aa codeshare flights through europe that i've been on in coach have been pretty lousy.   though i have gotten one or two nice ones...

in general american carriers flying through europe have lousy economy compared to the european and asian carriers

Offline YudiG

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2011, 02:05:16 AM »
BA aint to shabby