Author Topic: Amex Platinum Benefit-Global Entry  (Read 224671 times)

Offline jaywhy

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
Re: New Amex Platinum Benefit-Global Entry
« Reply #380 on: April 04, 2013, 10:57:46 AM »
Yup!

I was in the airport the other day, and there was a 30 minute wait by Passport Control. I have little kids so I don't use the eye scan of fingerprint booths. When I went up to skip the line (Pilot/FA lane) I just told the guy that I have Nexus/GE and he waived me on to the next available booth without asking for proof. The thought occurred to me that technically anyone could cut the line like that.....
I hold up the card and walk right through expedited security even in places that don't have PreCheck. ;)

Offline MarkS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: April 04, 2013, 11:03:35 AM »
I hold up the card and walk right through expedited security even in places that don't have PreCheck. ;)
And they let you go without taking off shoes even at a non precheck location? I wish they had Precheck the other day.
Most places make me fold up the stroller and put it on the belt. This time they wheeled it through so it obviously beeped. They swabbed the stroller and detected explosives so they said they needed to resolve why it would have explosives residue.

They peeked through all our carry ons (by far not a thorough search), asked if I work in the fireworks industry, and then tickled ;) me all over my body and then let us go. They're funny because they didn't search my wife or the kids (who actually sit in the stroller) so I'm not sure how they felt that they resolved the threat....

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #382 on: April 04, 2013, 11:08:01 AM »

What's expedited security but not precheck?
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline jaywhy

• View Profile
« Reply #383 on: April 04, 2013, 11:13:43 AM »
And they let you go without taking off shoes even at a non precheck location? I wish they had Precheck the other day.
Most places make me fold up the stroller and put it on the belt. This time they wheeled it through so it obviously beeped. They swabbed the stroller and detected explosives so they said they needed to resolve why it would have explosives residue.

They peeked through all our carry ons (by far not a thorough search), asked if I work in the fireworks industry, and then tickled ;) me all over my body and then let us go. They're funny because they didn't search my wife or the kids (who actually sit in the stroller) so I'm not sure how they felt that they resolved the threat....
No they made us take off our shoes and put the stroller though the xray machine. The TSA makes all of the US look bad unfortunately.
Another funny story. My wife carries a gallon jug of water around with her at all times. Last time we flew, she convinced them to let her take it past security because she is nursing and needs the water. They agreed on the condition that they could test it. The idiots then tested it by putting the bottle of water through the xray machine! I laughed and cried simultaneously :)

Offline ShmuliT

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: April 04, 2013, 09:49:08 PM »
It should take a day or two to post and then a few more for the credit to appear.
It posted the day i applied and i received the statement credit 2 days later.

Offline SGF

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz President Circle
« Reply #385 on: April 04, 2013, 10:13:40 PM »
No they made us take off our shoes and put the stroller though the xray machine. The TSA makes all of the US look bad unfortunately.
Another funny story. My wife carries a gallon jug of water around with her at all times. Last time we flew, she convinced them to let her take it past security because she is nursing and needs the water. They agreed on the condition that they could test it. The idiots then tested it by putting the bottle of water through the xray machine! I laughed and cried simultaneously :)
cut the long lines in LAX today, didnt have to take out wallet or anything out of my pockets.
IMO its very worth it even to pay for it for someone that flies 10 domestic flights a year it only costs $2 per flight.

Offline yuneeq

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: April 04, 2013, 11:23:49 PM »
Can someone put in the wiki how to sign up and use global entry.

Thanks
Visibly Jewish

Offline jaywhy

• View Profile
« Reply #387 on: April 05, 2013, 08:04:30 AM »
What's expedited security but not precheck?
Airports that have a different security line for elites and B/F. You still go through the same security but don't have to wait in the longer line. I encountered one at PHL last week.

Offline Twin

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: April 05, 2013, 08:32:41 AM »
Just got approved is there a way to get a last minute appointment I'm leaving for israel on tue from ewr

Offline jaywhy

• View Profile
« Reply #389 on: April 05, 2013, 08:38:02 AM »
Just got approved is there a way to get a last minute appointment I'm leaving for israel on tue from ewr
The office at JFK takes walk ins. You need to wait until a spot open up though which could take a while. I waited about an hour with no appt.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #390 on: April 05, 2013, 09:36:12 AM »
Airports that have a different security line for elites and B/F. You still go through the same security but don't have to wait in the longer line. I encountered one at PHL last week.

Yes, I'm familiar. They let you in those lines with your GE card?

(At this point, im convinced they'd let you in if all you did was flashed them a library card...)
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline jaywhy

• View Profile
« Reply #391 on: April 05, 2013, 09:45:37 AM »
Yes, I'm familiar. They let you in those lines with your GE card?

(At this point, im convinced they'd let you in if all you did was flashed them a library card...)
They did. They barely looked at it.

Offline moish

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT Plat, Avis, SPG Plat
« Reply #392 on: April 07, 2013, 07:03:40 AM »
great benefit of GE, bypassed a 300 deep line at AKL! who knew...

Offline Marco Polo

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 104
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: April 07, 2013, 10:23:31 AM »
Is the iris scan only for Nexus? If yes when would that take place, when flying into Canada?
Quaerite et Invenietis.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #394 on: April 07, 2013, 10:25:29 AM »

Yep, recently started.

Offline Marco Polo

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 104
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: April 07, 2013, 10:33:06 AM »

I got GE, still waiting for that first trip where i can bypass the line and feel really good bout it.
Quaerite et Invenietis.

Offline moish

• View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT Plat, Avis, SPG Plat
« Reply #396 on: April 07, 2013, 12:43:40 PM »
I got GE, still waiting for that first trip where i can bypass the line and feel really good bout it.
i learn new things with GE, such as when i bypassed that line and went on the GE/crew line, i had my GE cards all ready, but the customs agent didnt ask for them nor look at them when i offered it to him. makes me wonder if all these years i waited in line in vain...

Offline sawlw

• View Profile
« Reply #397 on: April 07, 2013, 01:11:36 PM »
i learn new things with GE, such as when i bypassed that line and went on the GE/crew line, i had my GE cards all ready, but the customs agent didnt ask for them nor look at them when i offered it to him. makes me wonder if all these years i waited in line in vain...
Yes and no
I was waiting on the pilots line with my kids in JFK last year (lines were crazy) and a tsa agent came over yelling that all ''you guys'' think you own the place and cut lines.... showed her my card and had my turn of yelling and threatening To have her fired and charged for racial slur bla bla, she was begging and apologized a million times ;D

Offline hocker

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: April 07, 2013, 01:25:35 PM »
Yes and no
I was waiting on the pilots line with my kids in JFK last year (lines were crazy) and a tsa agent came over yelling that all ''you guys'' think you own the place and cut lines.... showed her my card and had my turn of yelling and threatening To have her fired and charged for racial slur bla bla, she was begging and apologized a million times ;D
Nice!

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #399 on: April 07, 2013, 01:42:46 PM »
Yes and no
You guys...classy.
I may have asked for a supervisor, depending on how bad my airline meal was.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.