Author Topic: Is a mixed up name on ticket a problem  (Read 2448 times)

Offline confu

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Is a mixed up name on ticket a problem
« on: September 18, 2016, 04:15:35 PM »
I recently booked a ana award with ac and ua  tlv-yyz-lax-sfo-tlv. SOmehow my wife's first and last name got mixed up on her ticket (doe Jane). Is this a problem? none of the airlines seem to be able to fix it although only AC seems to think it is an issue.

Offline yesitsme

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
Re: Is a mixed up name on ticket a problem
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2016, 04:58:48 PM »
I recently booked a ana award with ac and ua  tlv-yyz-lax-sfo-tlv. SOmehow my wife's first and last name got mixed up on her ticket (doe Jane). Is this a problem? none of the airlines seem to be able to fix it although only AC seems to think it is an issue.
Your question should be "is the name order checked by computer or human" if the later is true you can mix them up as well.
["-"]

Offline confu

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2016, 07:42:58 AM »
Your question should be "is the name order checked by computer or human" if the later is true you can mix them up as well.
According to the. It so nice or helpful ac call centre rep they won't let me on as a matter of policy even if checked by person. The question is is the airport staff or tsa as obnoxious

Online Abebee

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 735
    • View Profile
  • Programs: National EE
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2016, 09:32:34 AM »
Just booked through a travel agent NYC-TLV he messed up first and middle name, he said as long as the names are they're they DON'T make you a problem. Can update after I fly late next week.

Offline confu

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2016, 03:38:34 PM »
UPDATE:
Ana said they could cancel and rebook my tickets free of charge. However the ua sfo-tlv leg is no longer available. When I cancel, will my cancelled awards turn into available award space?

Offline coralsnake

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2016, 08:57:51 PM »
UPDATE:
Ana said they could cancel and rebook my tickets free of charge. However the ua sfo-tlv leg is no longer available. When I cancel, will my cancelled awards turn into available award space?
Leave it alone. Won't be a problem.
"Here at DansDeals we don’t do buses." -Dan

Offline Ergel

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2016, 11:59:32 PM »
Leave it alone. Won't be a problem.
+1
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline Ehad

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2016, 02:47:56 PM »
could you let us know what happened at the end. My experience is every airline will blame the other to have it fixed however the few airline with whom i had an issue did not even blink on it. the only issue is no online check-in

Offline confu

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2016, 03:53:05 PM »
WHAT HAPPENED IN THE END:
I called all airlines involved, they all told me to call the other ones. I did get united and air canada to put a note in my file about the mix-up. In Tel aviv when we were checking in they told me it was a problem. We told them that we had asked them to change it but were told they couldn't but we were told it was fine (we were)  they called over a supervisor who said it's a problem nothing to do about it the system won't let them etc. and our only chance of getting on the plane is to call ANA and get them to switch it before they closed checkin (half an hour). Then we protested again and mentioned that we had a note in our file about it. They checked it up and suddenly there WAS something they could do about it :)
our other flights were fine although we could not check in online or do automated check in at the airports (but hey, united didn't even weigh our bags in lax so alls well that ends well