Author Topic: Downgraded Prestige to Preferred, login now missing checking and TYP info  (Read 1194 times)

Offline DaveInLA

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
My wife downgraded her Prestige to Preferred last night. Yesterday was the due date of the $350 AF, and it wasn't worth it to us (I have Prestige too). This morning when she logs in, it shows the Prestige and the Preferred accounts, both with 350 balances, both with due dates 9/17 (yesterday). I'm sure the Prestige one will fall off soon. The agent said there was no need to pay off the balance because the refund would cancel it out, but I hope the system doesn't automatically charge interest + late fee.

Also, her login previously had her checking account info (CG downgraded to Basic) as well as the TYP balances (55K+ from Prestige and 40K+ from checking); now the account login no longer shows the checking nor TYP info. I vaguely remember having to create a new Citi login for checking info some time ago, then jumping through hoops to combine checking and credit card accounts in the same login. I'm sure someone else has experienced this. Any help?

Offline coralsnake

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
Re: Downgraded Prestige to Preferred, login now missing checking and TYP info
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2016, 08:53:40 PM »
My wife downgraded her Prestige to Preferred last night. Yesterday was the due date of the $350 AF, and it wasn't worth it to us (I have Prestige too). This morning when she logs in, it shows the Prestige and the Preferred accounts, both with 350 balances, both with due dates 9/17 (yesterday). I'm sure the Prestige one will fall off soon. The agent said there was no need to pay off the balance because the refund would cancel it out, but I hope the system doesn't automatically charge interest + late fee.

Also, her login previously had her checking account info (CG downgraded to Basic) as well as the TYP balances (55K+ from Prestige and 40K+ from checking); now the account login no longer shows the checking nor TYP info. I vaguely remember having to create a new Citi login for checking info some time ago, then jumping through hoops to combine checking and credit card accounts in the same login. I'm sure someone else has experienced this. Any help?
IINM when Citi converts a card they actually create a new one and the old one still shows but its inactive. Ive had the problem with Citi that I never had anywhere else that even when an account is closed the AF doesnt automatically get credited back, They have to do it manually, so call.

Sometimes the Citi site is buggy and other accounts dont show, so try loggin in again. The way it works with Citi is that you can add CC to your checking/savings login so those should definitely be there.

Good luck.
"Here at DansDeals we don’t do buses." -Dan

Offline DaveInLA

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Downgraded Prestige to Preferred, login now missing checking and TYP info
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2016, 09:05:27 PM »

Sometimes the Citi site is buggy and other accounts dont show, so try loggin in again. The way it works with Citi is that you can add CC to your checking/savings login so those should definitely be there.

Thanks. My wife's first account was the Prestige, then the checking was added afterward. I remember a couple years ago I had a similar issue and had to create a new account to accommodate everything.