Author Topic: Honcker app  (Read 13335 times)

Offline sillypainter

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Honcker app
« on: September 19, 2016, 11:06:42 PM »
Its supposed to be a under 5 minutes car leasing app.

Did anybody actually use it to lease a vehicle? Are their prices really good? It's a frum company.

Offline joeb1

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, CPA, Travel Agent
Re: Honcker app
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2016, 05:52:08 PM »
i did
Was the most amazing leasing experience you can imagine!

Offline Dr Moose

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2016, 06:43:38 PM »
Somehow I feel that getting a new car is not something you do everyday. And the point of the app, well, is pointless.
Hey there! I am using DansDeals Forums.

Offline chfriedman

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2016, 09:48:06 PM »
I think more than being FAST, the appeal of this app/service is being able to see actual pricing info based on one's real credit score across a few brands of car.  At least, that's what drove me to look at it (no pun intended).  Only after seeing all the bochur reviews of the app did I realize it's a frum company.  I also like that all leases are $0 down, so you can better compare the price between cars.  I do wish that all the necessary info for comparisons and smart decisions (money factor, residual, etc) were available upfront.  No, I don't really always look at all that, but I'd like to be able to...

I'd love to hear from any other people who have actually leased through Honcker.  I want a car with options (Honda Civic EX-T w/sensing) that they do not seem to offer, so I think I'm going to just be going through a dealer.

Offline palm tights

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2017, 11:14:23 PM »
I had now with them bad experience and dishonesty and no trust, even before leasing

The car was totally different that was quoted and they pulled a hard inquiry credit check when they clearly said they won't

Their prices aren't really cheaper its just discluding damage waiver ,gap insurance e.t.c. ,that they won't even tell you , and your local leasing company has you in mind with everything

Offline Yehuda25

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2017, 10:28:59 PM »
I had now with them bad experience and dishonesty and no trust, even before leasing

The car was totally different that was quoted and they pulled a hard inquiry credit check when they clearly said they won't

Their prices aren't really cheaper its just discluding damage waiver ,gap insurance e.t.c. ,that they won't even tell you , and your local leasing company has you in mind with everything
ouch
“To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.”

― Aristotle

Offline michael

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2017, 08:54:05 PM »
Honcker has a very good price for the car I am looking at. Has anyone leased with them recently? How was the experience?

Offline jackofall

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2017, 09:15:03 PM »
Honcker has a very good price for the car I am looking at. Has anyone leased with them recently? How was the experience?
Which car if I may ask?
If you focus on being a boss, you will never be a leader. Leaders lead people to growth and improvement.

Offline Yammer

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2017, 09:47:17 PM »

Online yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2017, 10:59:29 PM »

You didn't quote the two recent good experiences people had that was posted in the Car Lease master thread.

Offline sillypainter

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2018, 04:32:56 PM »
I'm going through the lease process now. They sent me an email that the vehicle is available and they are waiting for credit approval from Ally bank. So far everything looks good.  I'm curious if they will mess up in the middle somewhere or this will be a painless experience.

So far, their price is the best there is. I shopped with another 3 dealers, and their price is like $100 lower than the lowest competitor.

Offline mendy from lakewood

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 26
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Premier 1K, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, National EE, Hertz Presidential.
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2018, 11:19:56 AM »
I'm going through the lease process now. They sent me an email that the vehicle is available and they are waiting for credit approval from Ally bank. So far everything looks good.  I'm curious if they will mess up in the middle somewhere or this will be a painless experience.

So far, their price is the best there is. I shopped with another 3 dealers, and their price is like $100 lower than the lowest competitor.
keep us posted
"Respect is earned, Honesty is appreciated, Trust is gained, Loyalty is returned"

Offline cozmohoot

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2018, 12:02:26 PM »

100 per month? Wow...
Don't be afraid to not sign when the car arrives if the terms are different than agreed upon

Offline sillypainter

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2018, 12:27:43 PM »
And of course, they MESSED up royally here.

The price I was quoted they said included a $2K incentive which I am not eligible, so my price went up from $410 to $499. They did offer me a $300 check as a courtesy.

What bothered me however was that they did pull my credit, and they told me that they didn't. Woke up to 2 alerts today, and they pulled it twice. One from CREDCO and one from ALLY.

I think they are not ready for prime yet.

Offline Yehuda25

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2018, 02:07:41 PM »

The price I was quoted they said included a $2K incentive which I am not eligible, so my price went up from $410 to $499. They did offer me a $300 check as a courtesy.

What bothered me however was that they did pull my credit, and they told me that they didn't. Woke up to 2 alerts today, and they pulled it twice. One from CREDCO and one from ALLY.

wow.
“To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.”

― Aristotle

Offline mendy613

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2018, 02:43:53 PM »
Heimish company, no?

Offline Mordyk

• View Profile
  • Programs: Some of this and some of that.
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2018, 03:35:16 PM »
#TYH

Offline teetle

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2018, 05:54:02 AM »
I deliver vehicles for them from time to time, and to tell you the truth almost all the criticism I have heard about the company is only  from people who never ended up leasing from them, every single customer I have encountered that went through with their lease was extremely happy.
 While I believe there is room for improvement in their transparency about credit pulling etc. I still believe  they are doing a great job overall.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 05:57:59 AM by teetle »

Offline noturbizniss

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2018, 01:34:21 PM »

When did they pull? When you hit submit or first signed up?

My understanding was that the soft pull is when you sign up and browse. Once you find a car and want to go through with it then of course there will be a hard pull. How else are you getting a lease without a hard pull?

Edit:
From their website: https://www.honcker.com/faq.html
When I register with Honcker or search for cars, does it affect my credit score?
No. When you register with us, we do a soft credit pull from Experian. This does not impact your credit score at all. However, when you submit your lease, an actual credit pull will be done by your car dealer in order to finalize your contract.
READ THE DARN WIKI!!!!

Chuck Norris...
...can still do FT method
...READS THE WIKI!!!

Offline Joe4007

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2018, 03:16:12 PM »

FWIU (and I might be wrong here) FICO will combine all hard pulls within 30 days used for mortgage or auto loans and count it as one as far as your score is concerned.