Author Topic: Which BUSINESS credit card is best for everyday spending?  (Read 3851 times)

Online ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive PlatinumŽ
Which BUSINESS credit card is best for everyday spending?
« on: September 23, 2016, 02:31:00 PM »
While I know that no-one is stopping me from doing everyday spend on consumer cards, with the various limits such as 5/24 etc. it might be hard to get two of the same card, and mixing personal and business charges on the same card is just too much of an accounting headache.

And while it is possible to stack up on $300 VGC from Staples using Ink cards, it's not always practical.

For a while United Club was my PERSONAL card of choice for everyday spend giving 1.5 miles per $. When AMEX came out with Everyday Preferred, that became my card of choice for everyday spend at 1.5 MR points per $. Now with Freedom Unlimited giving 1.5UR points per $ and Sahpphire Reserve putting a 1.5 cents per point floor value on the points, the Freedom Unlimited became my preferred everyday spend card (non-category, not subject to foreign transaction fees).

This is all fine and dandy for PERSONAL spend, but that is overshadowed by non-category business spend. Also, as we know, many business accounts don't show on the Credit Report, which is helpful in certain instances.

For now, AMEX SPG is my card of choice for everyday BUSIENSS spend. With the 25% bonus on transfer to airlines, I count it as the equivalent as 1.25 points per $, and while points are very flexible, transfers are not instant.

I am wondering if anyone has any ideas for best value for BUSINESS everyday spend account.

I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline mmgfarb

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
Re: Which BUSINESS credit card is best for everyday spending?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2016, 03:23:30 PM »
You don't have to put business charges on a business card if the only worry is keeping things separate but what's wrong with sticking with SPG?
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Online ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive PlatinumŽ
Re: Which BUSINESS credit card is best for everyday spending?
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2016, 04:20:55 PM »
You don't have to put business charges on a business card if the only worry is keeping things separate but what's wrong with sticking with SPG?
Nothing wrong with SPG. But I would love to get 1.5 points per $ like I get on my personal cards.

With 5/24 I think it might be a little bit of a challenge to get another Freedom Unlimited.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan