Author Topic: GET SPG PLATINUM WITH JUST 9 STAYS  (Read 9754 times)

Offline David Smith

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
Re: GET SPG PLATINUM WITH JUST 9 STAYS
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2016, 11:25:08 AM »
There is a Courtyard Marriott located near me. During the week I can book a room for $82 a night advanced prepaid AAA rate.

I am currently Gold SPG and Marriott. I have several high-end vacation stays booked at SPG, Marriott and Ritz properties this year and next year.

Is it worth spending $738 to get Platinum?

I was offered the Platinum Challenge.
You can MS $75k on the Ritz for plat
Who do you think you are fooling? You think you are going to pull a quick one on your Creator? Good luck with that.
JTZ

Offline sedge

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2016, 11:27:55 AM »
You can MS $75k on the Ritz for plat
This was my plan which I'm very close anyway.

I also agree that Gold+schmooze can almost equal Pt.

Thanks David.

Online tzifanya54

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2016, 11:33:49 AM »
I also agree that Gold+schmooze can almost equal Pt.

Yup. Tried and proven many times. I never was denied a request because of my gold vs platinum status.

Offline Ryan the Yid

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2017, 11:27:23 PM »
I am considering doing the platinum challenge. I spoke to a rep that seemed a bit confused so I just wanted to confirm. You can only do a platinum or gold challenge once every 5 years. The free 2 stay 5 nights don't count towards the challenge,  they all have to be paid nights, and it only lasts for 12 months regardless of whether you start the challenge in January or April. Based on this it seems pointless to ever do a gold challenge because you only need to get 10 stays and they give you two free every calendar year.

Online mochjas

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 123
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2017, 11:29:11 PM »
I am considering doing the platinum challenge. I spoke to a rep that seemed a bit confused so I just wanted to confirm. You can only do a platinum or gold challenge once every 5 years. The free 2 stay 5 nights don't count towards the challenge,  they all have to be paid nights, and it only lasts for 12 months regardless of whether you start the challenge in January or April. Based on this it seems pointless to ever do a gold challenge because you only need to get 10 stays and they give you two free every calendar year.
you need 18 paid nights in 3 months and you keep the platinum for the remainder of the year and the entire next year

Offline 12HRS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2017, 11:39:03 PM »

gold anyways is free with a plat card

Offline Ryan the Yid

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2017, 11:55:39 PM »
gold anyways is free with a plat card

Is it worth fighting for Platinum or is it pretty much the same as gold?

Offline Ryan the Yid

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2017, 12:10:04 AM »
you need 18 paid nights in 3 months and you keep the platinum for the remainder of the year and the entire next year

When I spoke to the rep on the phone she said it only lasts for 12 months from when you get it. Are you sure it is for both years ? Is it the same for gold, the year you get it and the following year?

Online mochjas

• View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2017, 12:14:39 AM »
When I spoke to the rep on the phone she said it only lasts for 12 months from when you get it. Are you sure it is for both years ? Is it the same for gold, the year you get it and the following year?
thats what they told me too. But it's not true. You get it for the rest of the year and the following year. I'm assuming it's the same for gold but I don't know first hand. As the post above said for gold just get an Amex plat and you will instantly have gold.

Online mochjas

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2017, 12:15:32 AM »
Is it worth fighting for Platinum or is it pretty much the same as gold?
platinum is definitely much better than gold

Offline Ryan the Yid

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2017, 01:25:57 AM »
thats what they told me too. But it's not true. You get it for the rest of the year and the following year. I'm assuming it's the same for gold but I don't know first hand. As the post above said for gold just get an Amex plat and you will instantly have gold.

If I get Gold from the Plat card, can I upgrade to Plat or do I need to still do the 25 stay or Plat challenge ?

Online mochjas

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2017, 07:14:18 AM »
If I get Gold from the Plat card, can I upgrade to Plat or do I need to still do the 25 stay or Plat challenge ?
the latter

Offline Ryan the Yid

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2017, 10:41:11 AM »

About the elite expiration, we'd like to inform you that the Elite Status Challenge entitles you to one full year of elite status, from one renewal period to the next (i.e. the end of February one year to the end of February the next year) and only carries over if you are upgraded on or after March 1st (whereas earning status naturally* gives elite status for the remainder of the current year, carries over for the entirety of the following year, and expires at the end of February in the third year). Therefore if a member is upgraded via the challenge on or before February 28th, 2017 they retain status until February 28th, 2018, the following year. If they are upgraded on or after March 1st, 2017 they retain status for the remainder of the year, all of 2018, up until February 29th, 2019.

Offline Yoko

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2017, 10:07:14 PM »
h/t http://monkeymiles.boardingarea.com/get-spg-platinum-just-9-stays/#_ga=1.4010291.2096320627.1408850666
You can achieve Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite status by completing 9 stays in 90 days. While challenging you do not get temporary status, but you will get status for the rest the challenge year and the following year. If you’d like to challenge you can either call in ( 800 – 468 – 800) or request it here https://www.marriott.com/marriott/contact.mi?aff=MARUS&affname=1100l539&co=US&nt=PH

9 Marriott stays = Marriott Platinum and Marriott Platinum = SPG Platinum then 9 Marriott Stays = SPG Platinum

Also don’t forget that award nights count towards elite status. So you could use points to qualify for status as well

"Or you could even transfer SPG points at 1:3 to Marriott and earn Platinum status with just 18k SPG points"

Anyone know if this is true?

Online mochjas

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2017, 10:09:21 PM »

"Or you could even transfer SPG points at 1:3 to Marriott and earn Platinum status with just 18k SPG points"

Anyone know if this is true?
definitely not true. There is no way award nights would count for a challenge