Author Topic: GET SPG PLATINUM WITH JUST 9 STAYS  (Read 4594 times)

Offline Ryan the Yid

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: GET SPG PLATINUM WITH JUST 9 STAYS
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2017, 01:25:57 AM »
thats what they told me too. But it's not true. You get it for the rest of the year and the following year. I'm assuming it's the same for gold but I don't know first hand. As the post above said for gold just get an Amex plat and you will instantly have gold.

If I get Gold from the Plat card, can I upgrade to Plat or do I need to still do the 25 stay or Plat challenge ?

Offline mochjas

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 99
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2017, 07:14:18 AM »
If I get Gold from the Plat card, can I upgrade to Plat or do I need to still do the 25 stay or Plat challenge ?
the latter

Offline Ryan the Yid

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2017, 10:41:11 AM »
thats what they told me too. But it's not true. You get it for the rest of the year and the following year. I'm assuming it's the same for gold but I don't know first hand. As the post above said for gold just get an Amex plat and you will instantly have gold.

About the elite expiration, we'd like to inform you that the Elite Status Challenge entitles you to one full year of elite status, from one renewal period to the next (i.e. the end of February one year to the end of February the next year) and only carries over if you are upgraded on or after March 1st (whereas earning status naturally* gives elite status for the remainder of the current year, carries over for the entirety of the following year, and expires at the end of February in the third year). Therefore if a member is upgraded via the challenge on or before February 28th, 2017 they retain status until February 28th, 2018, the following year. If they are upgraded on or after March 1st, 2017 they retain status for the remainder of the year, all of 2018, up until February 29th, 2019.

Offline Yoko

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2017, 10:07:14 PM »
h/t http://monkeymiles.boardingarea.com/get-spg-platinum-just-9-stays/#_ga=1.4010291.2096320627.1408850666
You can achieve Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite status by completing 9 stays in 90 days. While challenging you do not get temporary status, but you will get status for the rest the challenge year and the following year. If you’d like to challenge you can either call in ( 800 – 468 – 800) or request it here https://www.marriott.com/marriott/contact.mi?aff=MARUS&affname=1100l539&co=US&nt=PH

9 Marriott stays = Marriott Platinum and Marriott Platinum = SPG Platinum then 9 Marriott Stays = SPG Platinum

Also don’t forget that award nights count towards elite status. So you could use points to qualify for status as well

"Or you could even transfer SPG points at 1:3 to Marriott and earn Platinum status with just 18k SPG points"

Anyone know if this is true?

Offline mochjas

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 99
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2017, 10:09:21 PM »

"Or you could even transfer SPG points at 1:3 to Marriott and earn Platinum status with just 18k SPG points"

Anyone know if this is true?
definitely not true. There is no way award nights would count for a challenge