Author Topic: Free iPhone se for Xfinity customers  (Read 885 times)

Offline jollyjoe

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Free iPhone se for Xfinity customers
« on: February 19, 2021, 04:23:53 AM »
Im not sure why i didnt see this mentioned on the main page, but if you port in a line (google voice works) you can get a free iphone se 64gb through monthly bill credits over 2 years. Since you dont pay extra for each line , it really is free (besides for the tax). Enjoy!

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
Re: Free iPhone se for Xfinity customers
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2021, 08:20:26 AM »
Im not sure why i didnt see this mentioned on the main page, but if you port in a line (google voice works) you can get a free iphone se 64gb through monthly bill credits over 2 years. Since you dont pay extra for each line , it really is free (besides for the tax). Enjoy!

But you’re locked into their second tier MVNO service.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline jollyjoe

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2021, 08:35:58 AM »
But you’re locked into their second tier MVNO service.
i ordered one, and i am hoping that what i read somewhere is correct, that they will unlock it even if you did not yet pay it off in full . Then you can have a phone for whichever main provider you use. Personally i use the sim cards and put them in basic phones and i get 5 lines for 12 a month total

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2021, 08:42:41 AM »
i ordered one, and i am hoping that what i read somewhere is correct, that they will unlock it even if you did not yet pay it off in full . Then you can have a phone for whichever main provider you use. Personally i use the sim cards and put them in basic phones and i get 5 lines for 12 a month total

So you can get 5 iPhone SE devices for $288 total? ($12/month x24 months)? That’s amazing. Once they’re unlocked what’s the risk in reselling the devices?

ETA: Where did you read that? The official unlock policy is only for paid-off devices:
https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/support/article/eligible-to-unlock-phone

ETA2: I see it here, but it requires a Comcast internet account in good standing, and that’s not available at my address: https://www.reddit.com/r/Comcast_Xfinity/comments/7n65f5/question_about_xfinity_iphone_unlock/
« Last Edit: February 19, 2021, 08:49:10 AM by AsherO »
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline jollyjoe

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2021, 01:08:54 PM »
So you can get 5 iPhone SE devices for $288 total? ($12/month x24 months)? That’s amazing. Once they’re unlocked what’s the risk in reselling the devices?

ETA: Where did you read that? The official unlock policy is only for paid-off devices:
https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/support/article/eligible-to-unlock-phone

ETA2: I see it here, but it requires a Comcast internet account in good standing, and that’s not available at my address: https://www.reddit.com/r/Comcast_Xfinity/comments/7n65f5/question_about_xfinity_iphone_unlock/
i have used them many times to get cheap smartphones for my parents in Canada. The iphone se is the first time that a premium device is being offered for free. Yeah it is frustrating when you are limited based on your location. Unless you can find a friend that will do it for you... (I am maxed out now at 6 lines...)