Author Topic: Chase makes my dispute case against a merchant difficult!  (Read 2025 times)

Offline peace123

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Chase makes my dispute case against a merchant difficult!
« on: October 03, 2016, 03:09:16 AM »
Hi.

About 2 months ago, I ordered a sofa set from an online merchant that sells varieties of furnitures. I paid about $1200 including $100 for 5 year warranty for it using my Chase Hyatt card. It is not one of those known furniture companies like Ashley.

I waited a month for it and  they had good deal on the sofa compared to what Ashleyfurniture charges for the same sofa. During the day of delivery, 2 two young guys( i mean thin college going young guys) attempted to bring my sofa in my home for set up as  the price includes delivery and set up. Before bringing my sofa in my home, one of them asks me to sign a waiver that says I am accepting sofa whether it is damaged or not. Of course I refused it cos the sofais not in my room and i haven't even inspected it yet. The stairway to my 2nd floor has good amount of spaces and I live on 2nd floor of the 3 floor condo home. The guy later says  they are unable to bring it in my room cos the space  on the stairway is too tight.  So they left with the sofas and I contacted the merchant about what happened. after 2 weeks, they refunded only about $600 of $1200 I paid and they say it is for  returning the sofa back and 25% restocking fee including return shipping blah blah. I disputed the amount with Chase and while the case was pending, i went to a local furniture store and bought a similar sofa set which was easily delivered and set up by the 2 local delivery guys.The space was never a problem, i bought, refridgerator, king size beds, wall entertainment center  and all were delivered from the same stairways.  I had to do multiple HUCA for Chase to understand my case and one of the agent finally credited me back the remaining $600. Now I get bunch of letters from Chase saying the credit was temporary and the merchant has responded back saying the charge was valid, blah blah due to restocking fee, return fee and the sofa didn't fit my stairways blah blah. I was asked to respond to their charge back response, so I responded back the same way I did when I first filed the dispute. I have been saying the delivery people for merchant took the sofas back, I didn't return  or keep the item. The delivery guys wanted me to sign waiver even before I could see my sofa. I also told them the story about the sofa not fitting the stairways is not true cos i have recently bought a sofa set that were easily brought in my room and I have many other big furnitures brought in using the same stairways during my recent move. I filed BBB complaint against the merchant for  scamming me $600 for nothing and they refused to refund.

What is the best way to resolve this so I get my $600 back? Chase told me they will send my 2nd response back to the merchant and visa and then they will issue final decision.

Thanks
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 03:12:29 AM by peace123 »

Offline ElephantLover08

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Chase makes my dispute case against a merchant difficult!
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2016, 07:32:13 AM »
Small claims court sounds great about now - against the merchant. Also, when you purchased the couch, what did the terms say about returning and fees or if the item is undeliverable?

Offline peace123

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Chase makes my dispute case against a merchant difficult!
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2016, 01:06:10 PM »
Small claims court sounds great about now - against the merchant. Also, when you purchased the couch, what did the terms say about returning and fees or if the item is undeliverable?
the merchant  included all their terms in the chargeback response and it just says I will be responsible  for restocking fee and return shipping fee if the item is returned and the same fee applies if the items are undeliverable due to not  fitting  blah blah. What I have said in my charge back dispute is the merchant with its delivery agents wanted me to sign waiver even before the item is delivered  in to my room and that th sofas not fitting the stairways to get to my room is  all made up story. I told them space is non issue cod I recently bought similar sofa set from a local furniture shop. I told them I am not responsible for any fee because the delivery guys took the sofas right back during the day of delivery . I also wrote  I refused to sign waiver before a delivery is made.