Author Topic: Help! Award ticket itn changed 1 week before flight resulting in 12hr delay!  (Read 5098 times)

Offline ranhan429

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Can someone please help me figure out what my rights are?

I am booked on a flight using AA miles in J on RJ from KUL to TLV via AMM. We were emailed a couple days ago with a new itinerary, which is on ethiad airlines, leaving KUL 2hrs later but arriving back to TLV 14 hours later since we were originally supposed to take an early morning flight out of AMM to TLV which we won't be making anymore... now we will be laying over in Amman from 7AM until 9PM! We obviously have to get back home and to our jobs... do we have any rights??? Please help if you can. I tried to do a search but cant find anything about award flights.. TIA
כפרות על כפרה

Offline yandmk

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 28
    • View Profile
PUTPAC and ask if they can switch it for you. If they have an alternate option, they can probably re-book you free of charge.

Offline ranhan429

• View Profile
PUTPAC and ask if they can switch it for you. If they have an alternate option, they can probably re-book you free of charge.
Called. This is the best option they have (14hr delay) - if this isn't sufficient for us our other option is a refund. But a points refund this late doesn't help us (not only were the used pre-devaluation, to purchase a flight this close to the date is massively expensive... )

כפרות על כפרה

Offline chucksterace

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 40
    • View Profile
    • LYNX IT Consulting
  • Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA Premier 1K; ; LY Plat; Hyatt Platinum; Hertz President's Circle; Avis President's Club
When's the flight? (date)
You may not hold me responsible for any actions taken that were recommended from my account or username.

Offline chucksterace

• View Profile
    • LYNX IT Consulting
  • Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA Premier 1K; ; LY Plat; Hyatt Platinum; Hertz President's Circle; Avis President's Club
Read up on the Israeli Aviation Law. IF they don't get you there sooner you might be eligible for a nice check, might take some emailing back and forth though, also depends on what it was changed because.

http://www.delta.com/content/dam/delta-www/pdfs/legal/passenger_rights_israel.pdf
https://www.united.com/web/format/pdf/travel/destination/international/Notice-for-customers-traveling-to-or-from-Israel-English.pdf
You may not hold me responsible for any actions taken that were recommended from my account or username.

Offline ranhan429

• View Profile
On hold with 2nd rep right now.

So the reason the flight was changed is apparently that route doesn't wxist anymore.. we were never told!! We just got an email Oct 12, which is 10 days before our flight.

Our flight supposed to depart on Oct 21
כפרות על כפרה

Offline ranhan429

• View Profile
2nd rep call was disconnected... I'm calling with Google hangouts from Japan so that's fantastic.... on the phone with 3rd rep and asking to be transferred to supervisor... it really seems like we are out of luck...
כפרות על כפרה

Offline chucksterace

• View Profile
    • LYNX IT Consulting
2nd rep call was disconnected... I'm calling with Google hangouts from Japan so that's fantastic.... on the phone with 3rd rep and asking to be transferred to supervisor... it really seems like we are out of luck...

Well at least you should be eligible for a nice check courtesy of Israeli Aviation Laws.
What are they saying when you call that they can't switch flights?

Offline ranhan429

• View Profile
Well at least you should be eligible for a nice check courtesy of Israeli Aviation Laws.
What are they saying when you call that they can't switch flights?
Just spend 1.5hrs on the phone with them and basically in the same place i started... the problem is our original itn (KUL-AMM) on RJ is not being serviced anymore. So we were put on a different flight into amman:
Kuala Lumpur -> Abu dabai -> Amman
Which gets us to AMM at 930AM instead of the scheduled 5AM. there are two flights out of amman to tel aviv, one sometime in the morning, like 6/7AM and the other is at 8pm. We are currently on the 8pm flight.

They were looking up other routings.. through UAE and through ist ... there's nothing...
 Are you sure we're entitled to a check even though or flight wasn't "delayed" - it was rescheduled which results in a 14 hour delay....
כפרות על כפרה

Offline ranhan429

• View Profile
Read up on the Israeli Aviation Law. IF they don't get you there sooner you might be eligible for a nice check, might take some emailing back and forth though, also depends on what it was changed because.

http://www.delta.com/content/dam/delta-www/pdfs/legal/passenger_rights_israel.pdf
https://www.united.com/web/format/pdf/travel/destination/international/Notice-for-customers-traveling-to-or-from-Israel-English.pdf
Do you have something similar for AA?
כפרות על כפרה

Offline chucksterace

• View Profile
    • LYNX IT Consulting
Do you have something similar for AA?

They do not fly to AA so they are not required to have one but they flight reservation is still bound to Israeli laws.

Doesn't matter if flight was delayed or cancelled but should still be eligible.

Offline MeirS

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile

I am booked on a flight using AA miles in J on RJ from KUL to TLV via AMM. We were emailed a couple days ago with a new itinerary, which is on ethiad airlines, leaving KUL 2hrs later but arriving back to TLV 14 hours later since we were originally supposed to take an early morning flight out of AMM to TLV which we won't be making anymore... now we will be laying over in Amman from 7AM until 9PM! We obviously have to get back home and to our jobs... do we have any rights??? Please help if you can. I tried to do a search but cant find anything about award flights.. TIA
Don't mean to be blunt but you've got to figure out your options here. They're not going to create a new flight for you so you have to see what flights are available that would work for you and once you have that you should be able to get onto them. If you know specifically what you want you may be able to convince them to book you on a flight that has no award availability.

Offline ranhan429

• View Profile
Don't mean to be blunt but you've got to figure out your options here. They're not going to create a new flight for you so you have to see what flights are available that would work for you and once you have that you should be able to get onto them. If you know specifically what you want you may be able to convince them to book you on a flight that has no award availability.
We are on phones so TBH a bit difficult , but an attempted search revealed nothing for our dates with any one world carrier... had a supervisor going through all possible routings with me... there was nothing...
כפרות על כפרה

Offline ranhan429

• View Profile
They do not fly to AA so they are not required to have one but they flight reservation is still bound to Israeli laws.

Doesn't matter if flight was delayed or cancelled but should still be eligible.
Thanks. Will definitely look into getting that check. Since we booked a flight on RJ using AA miles, do we file with AA or with RJ?
כפרות על כפרה

Offline MeirS

• View Profile
We are on phones so TBH a bit difficult , but an attempted search revealed nothing for our dates with any one world carrier... had a supervisor going through all possible routings with me... there was nothing...
If you post the dates, DDFers can try help you

Offline hvaces42

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
Or just take a car from Amman to Israel via Allenby and deal with airlines later.
Fair warning - Any PMs sent in response to forum posts are fair game for ridicule in public.

Offline ranhan429

• View Profile
Thanks. Will definitely look into getting that check. Since we booked a flight on RJ using AA miles, do we file with AA or with RJ?
Bump... do we file with RJ or AA?
כפרות על כפרה

Offline jsk173

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
You're not going to get anything from AA because they're not operating the flight. You might not get anything from RJ, either, since the route apparently no longer exists and no other (i.e., faster) options exist.

It seems like you've spent longer on the phone (and on here) than it would take to simply drive from AMM to Tel Aviv.

Offline efflpetzel

• View Profile
You're not going to get anything from AA because they're not operating the flight. You might not get anything from RJ, either, since the route apparently no longer exists and no other (i.e., faster) options exist.

It seems like you've spent longer on the phone (and on here) than it would take to simply drive from AMM to Tel Aviv.
You cannot drive from Amman into israel, as far as taking a taxi is concerned it's a royal pita

Offline yuds70

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile

What happened in the end?
Make stuff happen.