Author Topic: Cathay starting HKG-TLV service 03/2017  (Read 27447 times)

Offline nathan13

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Cathay starting HKG-TLV service 03/2017
« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2016, 11:48:45 PM »
Yo mean from JFK?
obvoisly if it's a stopover.

Offline mmgfarb

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
Cathay starting HKG-TLV service 03/2017
« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2016, 11:49:49 PM »
obvoisly if it's a stopover.
My question was from HKG to TLV but I assume the answer it the same. Can you do an open jaw on a CX award ticket?
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline Denverite

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2016, 12:51:18 AM »
My question was from HKG to TLV but I assume the answer it the same. Can you do an open jaw on a CX award ticket?

It's way less points (not sure exactly how many) just from HKG-TLV.  I was giving the amount from the US.  Not sure about JFK because I would fly from the West Coast but there are consistently 5j seats every day on flights from SFO and LAX to HKG.

Offline mmgfarb

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2016, 12:53:15 AM »
It's way less points (not sure exactly how many) just from HKG-TLV.  I was giving the amount from the US.  Not sure about JFK because I would fly from the West Coast but there are consistently 5j seats every day on flights from SFO and LAX to HKG.
I don't need LAX or SFO to HKG, I was asking purely about HKG to TLV
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive PlatinumŽ
« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2016, 12:56:48 AM »
I wouldn't expect anything of the sort into or out of TLV. Show me any route with that kind of J saver award availability that touches TLV.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline nathan13

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 01, 2016, 01:05:34 AM »
I don't need LAX or SFO to HKG, I was asking purely about HKG to TLV
Yes AS then AA

Offline Denverite

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 01, 2016, 04:14:51 PM »
I wouldn't expect anything of the sort into or out of TLV. Show me any route with that kind of J saver award availability that touches TLV.

I don't expect that into TLV, was just saying about availability into Hong Kong. I have a family of 5 and even if I got all of us to HKG in J I'm willing to separate us either via class of service or flying different days, etc. going on to TA.

Offline Shlomi

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 01, 2016, 07:24:59 PM »
I don't expect that into TLV, was just saying about availability into Hong Kong. I have a family of 5 and even if I got all of us to HKG in J I'm willing to separate us either via class of service or flying different days, etc. going on to TA.
Where you able to find 5 seats?

Offline Denverite

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2016, 02:09:41 PM »
Where you able to find 5 seats?

OK, I just opened an Asia Miles account and have been searching and it appears that there are 2 premium economy and 2 business class seats on every HKG-TLV flight! 

I just checked Oct. 1 & 3 (leaving day after Yom Kippur or with 10/3 flight arriving in TLV at 7AM Erev Sukkot) and all through August they have that same availability if anyone wants to snag those.  That being said when I searched LAX or SFO-TLV on those same Oct. dates they ONLY showed a total of 2 Premium economy (it wouldn't let me route JFK-TLV at all), even though when I check the US-HKG legs there were J seats available from SFO &LAX and Premium Economy seats from JFK.  Now I just need to call Alaska and see if they will let me book my whole flight from the US in J for 62.5k, I am hoping so since there are seats on the separate legs and we'd stopover in HKG.

Offline mmgfarb

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2016, 02:49:43 PM »
OK, I just opened an Asia Miles account and have been searching and it appears that there are 2 premium economy and 2 business class seats on every HKG-TLV flight! 

I just checked Oct. 1 & 3 (leaving day after Yom Kippur or with 10/3 flight arriving in TLV at 7AM Erev Sukkot) and all through August they have that same availability if anyone wants to snag those.  That being said when I searched LAX or SFO-TLV on those same Oct. dates they ONLY showed a total of 2 Premium economy (it wouldn't let me route JFK-TLV at all), even though when I check the US-HKG legs there were J seats available from SFO &LAX and Premium Economy seats from JFK.  Now I just need to call Alaska and see if they will let me book my whole flight from the US in J for 62.5k, I am hoping so since there are seats on the separate legs and we'd stopover in HKG.
Is there anything left on April 6th?

Offline Denverite

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2016, 05:27:18 PM »
Is there anything left on April 6th?

Yup, 2 Premium Economy on the 6th and also on the 4th and also 2 J seats on the 4th, so get on the horn and get your tickets for Pesach...and that was special guys I'm not searching for everyone. J

Also, I called Alaska and even though CX website was only showing Premium economy seats from US to TLV they can see the J seats of each segment and would book me for 62.5k miles and $176.20 total fees.

Hope this is helpful to everyone!

Offline Shlomi

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 03, 2016, 10:24:43 AM »

Thanks!
Were you able to find anything in coach altogether?

Offline Denverite

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 03, 2016, 01:10:32 PM »
Thanks!
Were you able to find anything in coach altogether?

Nothing in coach right now...

Offline Elikip

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 07, 2016, 09:37:29 PM »
Yup, 2 Premium Economy on the 6th and also on the 4th and also 2 J seats on the 4th, so get on the horn and get your tickets for Pesach...and that was special guys I'm not searching for everyone. J

The quites miles.and taxes was for one way or round trip?
Also, I called Alaska and even though CX website was only showing Premium economy seats from US to TLV they can see the J seats of each segment and would book me for 62.5k miles and $176.20 total fees.

Hope this is helpful to everyone!

Offline Elikip

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 07, 2016, 10:36:54 PM »
Sorry my.mssg didnt pist, only the quoting.
Is 62.5 miles one way or round? Thx

Offline mmgfarb

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 07, 2016, 10:43:06 PM »
Sorry my.mssg didnt pist, only the quoting.
Is 62.5 miles one way or round? Thx
OW, NYC-HKG-TLV in J

Offline Denverite

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 07, 2016, 11:01:44 PM »
OW, NYC-HKG-TLV in J

Plus Alaska allows stopovers in OW fares which most other airlines don't.  Did you book seats in April?  Were you able to get Alaska to route you from JFK?  Cathay Pacific themselves are only allowing the routing from the West Coast to Tel Aviv.

Offline mmgfarb

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 07, 2016, 11:07:00 PM »
Plus Alaska allows stopovers in OW fares which most other airlines don't.  Did you book seats in April?  Were you able to get Alaska to route you from JFK?  Cathay Pacific themselves are only allowing the routing from the West Coast to Tel Aviv.
No, I missed it, I waitlisted myself on CX which would only allow me to book it with 45k MR but I don't have any AS right now and I was planning on trying to go straight from HKG anyway. What region would AS allow the stopover in for this trip?

Offline Denverite

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 07, 2016, 11:17:52 PM »
No, I missed it, I waitlisted myself on CX which would only allow me to book it with 45k MR but I don't have any AS right now and I was planning on trying to go straight from HKG anyway. What region would AS allow the stopover in for this trip?

Oh bummer, sorry.  It seems like AS allows stopovers basically wherever you want on a OW if both legs of the flights are available and they have a unique partner group too.  If you are starting in HK then I think you could conceivably fly to a OW HKG-TLV in CX, stopover there and then continue on to Europe or JFK as your final destination on AF, DL, BA, etc. AS only charges 50k in J for US-HKG so I wonder if they'd let you route that starting from HKG-TLV-JFK (or the opposite) for only 50k total...

Offline mmgfarb

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 07, 2016, 11:21:11 PM »
Oh bummer, sorry.  It seems like AS allows stopovers basically wherever you want on a OW if both legs of the flights are available and they have a unique partner group too.  If you are starting in HK then I think you could conceivably fly to a OW HKG-TLV in CX, stopover there and then continue on to Europe or JFK as your final destination on AF, DL, BA, etc. AS only charges 50k in J for US-HKG so I wonder if they'd let you route that starting from HKG-TLV-JFK (or the opposite) for only 50k total...
That would be incredible if they did, I'm trying to plan an Asia trip so if I could finish it off with a stop in Israel, that would be amazing.