Topic Wiki

Get involved!

Stay Informed:
http://www.takebacklakewood.com
https://twitter.com/TakebackLKWD
Send a text to 40404 saying: " Follow @takebackLKWD " to get text updates.
Send an email to takebacklakewood@gmail.com saying " Subscribe " to get added to our email list for updates.

Attend:
Show up to Township Commitee, Planning, and Zoning board meetings. Speak up to stop the high density building!
All meetings are at the Township Building at 231 3rd Street. More info here.

Donate:
Take Back Lakewood is a grassroots campaign that has thrived despite little funding. With proper funding the campaign can reach far more people, hire a lawyer, and continue to force Lakewood Township to serve it's residents. Every dollar counts!
Donate Here

Other Links:
First Amendment Activist - Videos of meetings and a variety of township info related to meetings, applications, and township officials.
Lakewood Link - Lakewood News
Beware of Fake News

objective

« Last edited by yesitsme on August 23, 2018, 02:21:17 PM »

Author Topic: Take Back Lakewood  (Read 258799 times)

Offline avromie7

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
Re: Take Back Lakewood
« Reply #1170 on: March 03, 2017, 09:23:22 AM »
It's not the builders getting burnt. It's the private homeowners being forced to bear undue costs. And this is not only about the application for variances, it's the whole building dept in Lakewood.
You've been saying the same BS again and again without a shred of evidence, if you don't have anything true to say, shut up and go back to your hole where you can continue to plot how to squeeze more houses where they don't belong.
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline flyingace

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: March 03, 2017, 09:26:57 AM »
You've been saying the same BS again and again without a shred of evidence, if you don't have anything true to say, shut up and go back to your hole where you can continue to plot how to squeeze more houses where they don't belong.
That is uncalled for! I resent your insinuations. I came here to add my point of view to the conversation. These are my own personal experiences. My experiences are just as valid as your agendas.

Offline yuneeq

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: March 03, 2017, 09:30:26 AM »
I just gave you an example. I also told you this is not stuff that you see at the meetings.

I didn't see you say that anywhere. But either way, we see it's such a big issue that no one, including the applicant, argues against these supposedly crazy demands at the zoning, planning, or township meetings.
Makes sense.
Live forever or die trying.

Offline avromie7

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: March 03, 2017, 09:32:43 AM »
That is uncalled for! I resent your insinuations. I came here to add my point of view to the conversation. These are my own personal experiences. My experiences are just as valid as your agendas.
Maybe explain what you are referring to, I don't recall seeing anyone paving the whole road in front of their house even if they did dig. Can you give more details on who this ordinance affects is it additions or new construction or is it for if you built in 5 or more units? Until then I will continue to assume you are a developer or you are looking out for them and all your complaints are complete BS
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline flyingace

• View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: March 03, 2017, 09:37:09 AM »
Slightly long post/rant. Sorry, but I am really frustrated.
No one seems to be talking about the individual homeowners who are being held to ridiculous ordinances. It seems that we are paying the price for the backlash against  overbuilding.
First, we are told that you must add sidewalks on any addition, etc. Isn't that the townships job? Don't we pay enough taxes?!
Now, the latest rules demand that any job over a certain size requires you to repave the entire street regardless of whether or not you dug it up!
The builder has complained that it is increasingly difficult to work with the township engineers. They are unpredictable and not talkable!
END RANT!
This is my earlier post. I am a private person with a large property in a nice neighborhood applying for an addition with no variances. My builder is a nice ehrlich guy who does additions and construction. Believe what you want, but you're being very one sided and closed minded!

Offline yelped

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: March 03, 2017, 09:37:43 AM »
I just gave you an example. I also told you this is not stuff that you see at the meetings. You're not really paying attention to my responses.
You still didn't state what you were trying to build. You just said they want crazy things like repaving the road. If you want people to maybe believe you, how about writing all the details and not just throw out some random complaints.

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: March 03, 2017, 09:47:04 AM »
This is my earlier post. I am a private person with a large property in a nice neighborhood applying for an addition with no variances. My builder is a nice ehrlich guy who does additions and construction. Believe what you want, but you're being very one sided and closed minded!

These rules are common sense. Why should the township taxes pay for your sidewalks?
So you can profit more? Impact fees are standard around the country. Maybe the township should continue paying for that too.

Is it common sense that developers can rip up the street and leave us with beautiful landmarks like Ridge Ave? Every time I drive my dash cams G sensor thinks I'm constantly getting into accidents and turns on emergency recording.
The rules make sense. You can't have normal streets get ripped up and filled in every 2 feet.

It seems like in your particular case where you don't need to rip up the streets but the rules are demanding it. You know what you do? You get up at the township meetings, and you ask to make a small allowance for people that have the same dilemma.  You call committeemen and let them know about your issue. I don't see how posting about it here changes anything. The rule as a whole is a VERY good rule, but it needs to be adjusted a bit. That's it.

Offline flyingace

• View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: March 03, 2017, 10:20:19 AM »
The rules are created for valid reasons. They are enforced arbitrarily and unreasonably and the small guy is the one is forced to comply and the big guys get away with everything.

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: March 03, 2017, 10:36:19 AM »
The rules are created for valid reasons. They are enforced arbitrarily and unreasonably and the small guy is the one is forced to comply and the big guys get away with everything.

I do not have a problem when the rules are enforced. I have an issue when they are not enforced.
That is exactly the goal of TBL.
To stop the big developers from getting away with everything.
And that change has already started. The big developers do not get away with everything anymore.
But the fight is still far from over.

Offline flyingace

• View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: March 03, 2017, 10:56:41 AM »
I agree with you on that. The ordinances are introduced with the goal of preventing and/or solving specific problems; without realizing that it then impacts individuals as well as developers. In my case no provisions were made to reasonably apply or not apply them to personal residential applications.

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: March 03, 2017, 11:08:56 AM »
I agree with you on that. The ordinances are introduced with the goal of preventing and/or solving specific problems; without realizing that it then impacts individuals as well as developers. In my case no provisions were made to reasonably apply or not apply them to personal residential applications.

I think we all realize that rule changes impacts individuals as well, but we wouldn't necessarily know exactly how it will affect them. For that reason it is good to be involved so you can voice your concerns. It is foolish to think that anything will change if no one is speaking up about harmful side effects of rule changes.

Worth noting that the township can't just make up it's own restrictions. They have to comply with NJ law.
I would guess their repaving rule is probably pretty standard in most cities so they didn't think twice.

Offline aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #1181 on: March 03, 2017, 12:30:32 PM »
You need to understand that we do not know the specifics of your case other that what you posted. We have all seen that builders both big and small have not been required to repave simply for adding to or building a house.
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used to start a religious discussion.

Offline flyingace

• View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: March 03, 2017, 12:48:57 PM »
You need to understand that we do not know the specifics of your case other that what you posted. We have all seen that builders both big and small have not been required to repave simply for adding to or building a house.
It seems to be a fairly recent ordinance.

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: March 03, 2017, 12:49:57 PM »
It seems to be a fairly recent ordinance.

I know someone just started extending now and doesn't need to repave.

Offline MidwestJoe

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: March 03, 2017, 01:23:29 PM »

Why would you need to dig up the street for an addition?