Topic Wiki

Get involved!

Stay Informed:
http://www.takebacklakewood.com
https://twitter.com/TakebackLKWD
Send a text to 40404 saying: " Follow @takebackLKWD " to get text updates.
Send an email to takebacklakewood@gmail.com saying " Subscribe " to get added to our email list for updates.

Attend:
Show up to Township Commitee, Planning, and Zoning board meetings. Speak up to stop the high density building!
All meetings are at the Township Building at 231 3rd Street. More info here.

Donate:
Take Back Lakewood is a grassroots campaign that has thrived despite little funding. With proper funding the campaign can reach far more people, hire a lawyer, and continue to force Lakewood Township to serve it's residents. Every dollar counts!
Donate Here

Other Links:
First Amendment Activist - Videos of meetings and a variety of township info related to meetings, applications, and township officials.
Lakewood Link - Lakewood News
Beware of Fake News

objective

« Last edited by yesitsme on August 23, 2018, 02:21:17 PM »

Author Topic: Take Back Lakewood  (Read 262991 times)

Offline YitzyS

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: Take Back Lakewood
« Reply #2715 on: July 21, 2019, 06:36:40 PM »
What happened to take back Lakewood?
+1
its a lost cause

No, Lakewood will never be Monticello again. But someone can stop it from becoming Newark. The right type of advocacy and public information can mitigate the unchecked overgrowth, IMO.

Offline Chapshnell

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Delta Skypesos, AA Shilling, AS Pounds.
« Reply #2716 on: July 21, 2019, 10:56:46 PM »
This thread will be a must read for some to laugh and for some to cry within 5-10 years.

You cant fight the movement, accept it & deal with it. Make the best of it.

Offline YitzyS

• View Profile
« Reply #2717 on: July 22, 2019, 12:39:16 AM »
This thread will be a must read for some to laugh and for some to cry within 5-10 years.

You cant fight the movement, accept it & deal with it. Make the best of it.
No, you can't stop it, but creating a level of transparency and making certain information available to the public can help reel in some of the most nonsensical and drastic density. Changes have happened to certain projects, and while there is no way to stop Lakewood's growth, making the public aware of certain plans can definitely help to mitigate them. I know this from first hand information, that certain plans were amended after they were reported about in mainstream newspapers.

Offline yuneeq

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2718 on: July 22, 2019, 02:22:30 AM »
Ignoring the bigger projects like PRV which have been scrapped, or other projects that have been toned down, I would still like to say thank you to TBL and those that have shed light on the development issues. On a personal level, there was a small project next to me that would impact our block, after getting the plans and reviewing it with TBL, I was able to see what the potential issues were and discussed it directly with the developer. They ended up postponing the planning board meeting to discuss with us. Overall, some potential issues were found to not be issues, a few positive changes were made that they hadn't thought about, and the developer didn't really need to concede much in order to get our approval and testimony in his favor. Before TBL, I wouldn't even know that there was a project, and even knowing that a project existed, I wouldn't know what it implied or what I could do about it.

How many others are showing up to the planning and zoning board voicing their concerns? Or meeting with the developers beforehand to work out something that makes everyone happy? If I had to guess, it's very common now, and was very uncommon before TBL.
Live forever or die trying.

Offline Moshe123

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Lost

Offline YitzyS

• View Profile
« Reply #2720 on: October 29, 2019, 06:00:37 PM »
Really curious to see if/who the vaad endorses for committee for next weeks elections. Will they endorse Akerman, Raitzik, or not give any endorsement. IMO, Akerman will win by a landslide in any case, but I wonder what the Vaad's strategy will be.

Offline Tuna Baygel

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2721 on: October 29, 2019, 08:24:22 PM »
Really curious to see if/who the vaad endorses for committee for next weeks elections. Will they endorse Akerman, Raitzik, or not give any endorsement. IMO, Akerman will win by a landslide in any case, but I wonder what the Vaad's strategy will be.
Why wouldn't the Vaad endorse Ackerman?

Offline YitzyS

• View Profile
« Reply #2722 on: October 29, 2019, 09:30:52 PM »
Why wouldn't the Vaad endorse Ackerman?
He is not pro-overdevelopement. He has voted against some of the projects approved by the other committeemen.