Topic Wiki

Get involved!

Stay Informed:
http://www.takebacklakewood.com
https://twitter.com/TakebackLKWD
Send a text to 40404 saying: " Follow @takebackLKWD " to get text updates.
Send an email to takebacklakewood@gmail.com saying " Subscribe " to get added to our email list for updates.

Attend:
Show up to Township Commitee, Planning, and Zoning board meetings. Speak up to stop the high density building!
All meetings are at the Township Building at 231 3rd Street. More info here.

Donate:
Take Back Lakewood is a grassroots campaign that has thrived despite little funding. With proper funding the campaign can reach far more people, hire a lawyer, and continue to force Lakewood Township to serve it's residents. Every dollar counts!
Donate Here

Other Links:
First Amendment Activist - Videos of meetings and a variety of township info related to meetings, applications, and township officials.
Lakewood Link - Lakewood News
Beware of Fake News

objective

« Last edited by yesitsme on August 23, 2018, 02:21:17 PM »

Author Topic: Take Back Lakewood  (Read 259048 times)

Offline Super Speed

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis First, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum.
Re: Take Back Lakewood
« Reply #1095 on: February 26, 2017, 01:30:20 AM »
I can't see how this doesn't hurt the landlord. Why would someone rent in an office building where he and even more importantly his clients can't park?
That's exactly what's hurting the complex where I currently work at and why many tenants moved out even though the offices are beautiful and spacious

Offline takebacklakewood

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Send a text to 40404 saying: Follow @takebackLKWD to get important text updates.
« Reply #1096 on: February 26, 2017, 02:03:09 AM »
That's exactly what's hurting the complex where I currently work at and why many tenants moved out even though the offices are beautiful and spacious
Fee free to PM me the address and I'll look into it. The 15 America Ave building was a tip sent to us by email with the picture saying: Find out how many parking variances were given....

Offline Super Speed

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis First, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum.
« Reply #1097 on: February 26, 2017, 07:33:34 AM »
Fee free to PM me the address and I'll look into it. The 15 America Ave building was a tip sent to us by email with the picture saying: Find out how many parking variances were given....
The buildings may have been grandfathered in as they were all originally warehouses and then converted, does that make sense?

Offline HBS

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: February 26, 2017, 08:11:02 AM »
I'm told that many cars are parked illegally alll over the lot. That will get much worse when the no parking signs go up om America Ave.

There are 2 reasons we're highlighting this.
1) The planning board must stop approving parking variances!!
2) The professional planner and engineer frequently testifies that: Lakewood is different. We don't need so many parking because (insert faulty reasons A, B, C and D). This is enough parking for this building. The ordinance calls for too much parking so really we don't need so many spaces. Everyone walks to work. Everyone has a spouse drop them off etc etc

The planning board needs to stop believing him!!

I think that the ordinances are insufficient! Most shopping centers in Lakewood have insufficient parking even if they follow the ordinance.
I think you should put together pictorial evidence of people parking there illegally. Next time someone submits something to the board, you could show the board that what they are testifying is patently false.

Offline hocker

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: February 26, 2017, 12:30:21 PM »
I think you should put together pictorial evidence of people parking there illegally. Next time someone submits something to the board, you could show the board that what they are testifying is patently false.
I'd add if you have a few min I'd count the amount of actual spots and make sure there are indeed 149.
Car Rentals in Israel - http://www.rechev.rentals/

Offline takebacklakewood

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Send a text to 40404 saying: Follow @takebackLKWD to get important text updates.
« Reply #1100 on: February 26, 2017, 05:39:38 PM »

Offline takebacklakewood

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: February 26, 2017, 11:35:56 PM »
New post - http://www.takebacklakewood.com/blogs/post/Inadequate-Parking-Ordinances
I'm told there is a sign there saying parking by permit only at the Willows lot. The applicant represented that the required 8 spots are there and that another 30 are available for the Bais Medrash as well. Anyone want to send a pic of the sign?

Offline shulem92

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: February 26, 2017, 11:49:55 PM »
I'm told there is a sign there saying parking by permit only at the Willows lot. The applicant represented that the required 8 spots are there and that another 30 are available for the Bais Medrash as well. Anyone want to send a pic of the sign?
Starting up with the devil. I one time did some research about this, I checked the city records, and it can easily be misconstrued that those 30 spots are only for use by "office" workers. Also, the parking is run by a company (I forgot the name), that is a dummy corp to deal with parking there, and is owned by BMG. I asked the guy "doing security" there, and he denied having anything to do with BMG

Offline takebacklakewood

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: February 27, 2017, 12:09:32 AM »
Starting up with the devil. I one time did some research about this, I checked the city records, and it can easily be misconstrued that those 30 spots are only for use by "office" workers. Also, the parking is run by a company (I forgot the name), that is a dummy corp to deal with parking there, and is owned by BMG. I asked the guy "doing security" there, and he denied having anything to do with BMG
Are there even any offices in that building?

Also, I am not starting up with anyone. I am simply pointing out that they should allow 38 people to park there based on testimony given under oath.

My main point in the article is that the Township needs to update their ordinances. If a yeshiva with over 1,100 seats can get away with 8 parking spaces - it's time to overhaul our parking ordinances.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 12:22:57 AM by takebacklakewood »

Offline yoohoo

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: February 27, 2017, 10:44:10 AM »
Seems lawsuit against cedarbridge is off? Hertz of PRV has been paid off? Anyone hear anything in regards to this?

Offline yuneeq

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: February 27, 2017, 10:46:21 AM »
Seems lawsuit against cedarbridge is off? Hertz of PRV has been paid off? Anyone hear anything in regards to this?

The lawsuit was going to be against the township to roll back the illegal rezoning.
It was dropped last week but hopefully someone else will take over.
Live forever or die trying.

Offline yoohoo

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: February 27, 2017, 10:47:46 AM »
The lawsuit was going to be against the township to roll back the illegal rezoning.
It was dropped last week but hopefully someone else will take over.
seems BMG got control of PRV residents

Offline takebacklakewood

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: February 27, 2017, 10:49:25 AM »

« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 11:32:13 AM by takebacklakewood »

Offline MidwestJoe

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: February 27, 2017, 01:39:08 PM »

Was there the other day. It's really retarded that they approved the commercial building with insufficient parking.

What is the justification? They must be taking cash under the table for this. What else would motivate such an approval!?

They get the land at a huge discount, they got tax abatement's, and they still couldn't build a normal office building with adequate parking?

Offline takebacklakewood

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: February 27, 2017, 01:42:55 PM »
From the January closed session of the LIC

Invalid Tweet ID
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 01:47:43 PM by takebacklakewood »