Author Topic: so typical US Air  (Read 2628 times)

Offline mordylich

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
so typical US Air
« on: April 09, 2011, 09:18:38 PM »
I received this email last week from US Air:   We know you love award travel...and we love seeing you happy! So, we added 1,000 bonus miles to your account. We hope these miles get you a little closer to your next award trip. Keep flying and using Dividend Miles partners and you’ll be on your way in no time!

Just received this follow up from them with the subject line "oops" :  Earlier this week, we inadvertently delivered an email message to many of our Dividend Miles members' email accounts. Unfortunately, one of those accounts was yours. Worse, this email incorrectly stated that we posted 1,000 Dividend Miles into your account. This was not accurate and the email message was sent in error.

Who at Usair actually makes marketing decisions??!

Offline mordylich

• View Profile
Re: so typical US Air
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2011, 09:20:13 PM »
I received this email last week from US Air:   We know you love award travel...and we love seeing you happy! So, we added 1,000 bonus miles to your account. We hope these miles get you a little closer to your next award trip. Keep flying and using Dividend Miles partners and you’ll be on your way in no time!

Just received this follow up from them with the subject line "oops" :  Earlier this week, we inadvertently delivered an email message to many of our Dividend Miles members' email accounts. Unfortunately, one of those accounts was yours. Worse, this email incorrectly stated that we posted 1,000 Dividend Miles into your account. This was not accurate and the email message was sent in error.

Who at Usair actually makes marketing decisions??!

I can't imagine how anyone at usair believed that 1k miles isn't worth swallowing for the sake of avoiding the negative feelings that revoking them created.

Offline myb821

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2011, 09:20:42 PM »
got the same thing, Is 1k miles per person really worth the bad press

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2011, 09:40:40 PM »

I can't imagine how anyone at usair believed that 1k miles isn't worth swallowing for the sake of avoiding the negative feelings that revoking them created.
+1
Send a complaint email.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline mordylich

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2011, 10:12:05 PM »
+1
Send a complaint email.
  already did...we'll see if there's any response.   get this though:  in order to submit a complaint online, I HAD to pick a departure and arrival airport and a date of travel, even though I picked the option that my submission is not travel related. 

Offline sezux

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2011, 10:33:51 PM »
+1

Here is what I wrote them:

I care not for your 1000 miles, I have 0 and 1000 cant even get me to the airport.  I am, however, astounded at the folly of upsetting customers over a mistake that is worth far less than 10 dollars.  Such a simple opportunity to give a customer a smile was used instead to upset each and every one!

Shmuel

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2011, 01:39:24 AM »
Same story by me

Offline Chaikel

• Global Moderator
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 20
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Rav Kav Platinum
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2011, 06:36:08 PM »
4/4/2011    04/08/11    CUSTOMER APPRECIATION BONUS    1,000

I guess I was intended
Create professional looking itineraries.
Check out eliteitinerary.com

Offline golan

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2011, 03:09:31 PM »
Well hear this one. we arrived via us air from tlv to philly at 5:15am had stop over till 7:55am, flight was delayed till 8:30 then 9...10...agent kept on giving excuses finally at 11 they canceled the flight. The next available flight was 315 1 i told them "listen my wifes expecting we cant sit here the whole day(especially coming from israel-and without food) i want my luggage and i'll drive (to baltimore).They were extremely nasty about the whole thing. After going back and forth decided to just rent a car and drove.
when i contacted cust relations-they wouldnt even pay for my rental and didnt refund my flight-NOTHING. just a 150$ voucher that cant be used online.  does any one got an idea how i can get something out of this?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2011, 03:12:03 PM »
Well hear this one. we arrived via us air from tlv to philly at 5:15am had stop over till 7:55am, flight was delayed till 8:30 then 9...10...agent kept on giving excuses finally at 11 they canceled the flight. The next available flight was 315 1 i told them "listen my wifes expecting we cant sit here the whole day(especially coming from israel-and without food) i want my luggage and i'll drive (to baltimore).  so i rented car and drove.
when i contacted cust relations-they wouldnt even pay for my rental and didnt refund my flight-NOTHING. just a 150$ voucher that cant be used online.  does any one got an idea how i can get something out of this?
That's what ya' get for flying USeless.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline golan

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2011, 03:16:41 PM »
THERE IS REALLY NOTHING TO DO? is there anyone  over there to speak to? i was only able to email so far???

Offline Ryan

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2011, 06:51:09 PM »
If anyone who received the e-mail that 1000 USeless dividend miles would be deposited into their account, before receiving the eventual retraction e-mail, still wants these mile then try this:

The Points Guy wrote:
On Saturday I wrote about my displeasure with US Airway’s handling of their botched email promising many of their Dividend Miles members 1,000 points.

Well, today I decided to call and ask a phone rep for the miles, because I heard some people had success doing that.

I called 800-428-4322 and then hit 3 for Dividend Miles. I entered my Dividend Miles number and zip code when prompted by Alan, their chipper automated machine. I then hit 0 when they started rattling off my account information and was immediately transferred to a phone rep.

Me:  “Hi there. I got an email from US Airways recently promising me 1,000 free miles and they still haven’t showed up in my account”.

Rep: “Oh really? When did you get this email?”

Me: “I think it was Tuesday- it said miles would be waiting in my account, but I checked all week and they still aren’t there.”

Rep: “Please verify your account number, address and phone number”

Me: Provides details.

Rep: “Sir, thank you so much for your patience. I’ve just added the 1,000 points to your account so your new balance is xxx,xxx. Have a great day”

Me: “Thanks, you too!”

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2011, 07:20:39 PM »
If you have nerves of steel, and the miles only post like 24 hours later, you can repeat this procedure 50 over if really bored.

Offline Ryan

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2011, 07:27:47 PM »
If you have nerves of steel, and the miles only post like 24 hours later, you can repeat this procedure 50 over if really bored.
My miles posted immediately so I wouldn't recommend trying that.

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2011, 07:33:41 PM »
See, typical US...
When you want them to act unprofessional they won't, just to upset 'US'