Author Topic: Israel Car Rental Mandatory Liability Comparison of Rental Companies  (Read 7208 times)

Offline Srulie

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
It seems Israeli rental car companies always quote rental prices without mentioning or listing their required cost for the mandatory liability. A pleasant surprise when you get to the counter. Which companies liability is most reasonable? Post your rental experience and perhaps we can put together a price comparison chart. This would be extremely helpful.

Offline David Smith

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
Re: Israel Car Rental Mandatory Liability Comparison of Rental Companies
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2016, 08:54:18 PM »
Thank you so much for making this thread. It's really crazy how there isn't a single thread discussing car rentals in Israel, or where to get the best deal. Oh, wait. Maybe there are dedicated threads for this. My bad.
Who do you think you are fooling? You think you are going to pull a quick one on your Creator? Good luck with that.
JTZ

Offline chff

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 25
    • View Profile
  • Programs: All of them...
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2016, 09:08:28 PM »
It seems Israeli rental car companies always quote rental prices without mentioning or listing their required cost for the mandatory liability. A pleasant surprise when you get to the counter. Which companies liability is most reasonable? Post your rental experience and perhaps we can put together a price comparison chart. This would be extremely helpful.
When booking thru Priceline etc or thru an agent?

Offline Emkay

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2016, 01:37:38 AM »
Or just through an agent and have no issues.

Offline since1492

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2016, 08:48:12 AM »
you should always book through an agent, its much cheaper and they speak English and give you the final price (make sure its including ma'am)plus if you have a chase sapphire or discover you save a few bucks on insurance. moshe lieberman at avis has by far the best cust serv and they don't check the car upon return unless you total it. number 0548455239 then there is pinchas at thrifty who is a bit cheaper but they check the car like an esrog. number 0527163165 good luck and drive safely!
the masmid atzum
מאז

Offline chff

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 25
    • View Profile
  • Programs: All of them...
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2016, 12:58:01 PM »
you should always book through an agent, its much cheaper and they speak English and give you the final price (make sure its including ma'am)plus if you have a chase sapphire or discover you save a few bucks on insurance. moshe lieberman at avis has by far the best cust serv and they don't check the car upon return unless you total it. number 0548455239 then there is pinchas at thrifty who is a bit cheaper but they check the car like an esrog. number 0527163165 good luck and drive safely!

Just book the Israeli car rentals thru any Travel Agent who book those by the companies directly and are aware of the Insurance law and include it in the price. (And will always have a shabbos discount unlike the OTA's)

I just had a client of mine who insisted that he got from it Priceline for cheaper, but in the end he paid way more then my quote.

Offline Yammer

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2016, 01:25:42 PM »
The only ones who will quote the actual price are the car rentals in Israel or travel agents here or in Israel. I made reservations with every car rental a few years ago just to test it. ( Avis,Budget,Hertz etc.) They all claimed that there were no additional fees. They asked their supervisors but Nada.

Offline Z56

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold, National EE, Hertz GP, Avis PP
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2016, 02:00:47 PM »

I always book with pinchas he gives me dirty cheap prices and they don't check your car like an '"esrog". give the guy at the lot a few dollars and your good to go....

“I have nothing in common with lazy people who blame others for their lack of success. Great things come from hard work

Offline Yosel

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2016, 02:11:15 PM »
I also book on the Eldan Israeli website, and you get the total price, pickup and return are at Terminal 3 , and the guys there take tips............... and don't see what they don't have to see

Offline JudahMcB

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2016, 02:07:06 PM »
My wife just rented a car from Alamo/Enterprise in TLV using her CSP (so CDW and LDW waived) and they quoted her $27/day for mandatory 3rd party liability (3PLC). I remember paying $12/day a few years ago but $27/day is 4.5X the actual rental cost of the car! Is this inline with other car rental agencies in TLV?

Offline Centurion

• View Profile
  • Programs: spg plat,avis pres ,hertz plat ,AAexcutime, delta plat,hilton gold, united
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2016, 08:38:16 PM »
most rental car companies are insurance companies as well so when the 'locals' quote you a $32 price for a small car its really 16+16
when you get form avis/priceline/mileage- you always pay the $16 ( shabbos as well from comapnies but can be waived from the 'locals'
i heard a guy arguing while i was at the rental counter- the rep said if you give me a letter from credit card that they pay for basic i will waive it. no such letter- you can pay- or i can tale the next customer. period.
you can only make a first impression ONCE

Offline ABC

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2016, 08:48:03 PM »
I always book with pinchas he gives me dirty cheap prices and they don't check your car like an '"esrog". give the guy at the lot a few dollars and your good to go....

So instead of paying for insurance you are paying אלון a tip.
I also used to do it until I realized better to pay for full coverage if it's for a day or two the rental then tipping those people or relying on Chase, it's a real pain.

But Pinchas is a great guy, for example lag beomer they were overbooked, those that booked online were waiting hours and I booked through Pinchas and he took great care of me......

Offline Z56

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2016, 01:17:26 AM »
So instead of paying for insurance you are paying אלון a tip.
I also used to do it until I realized better to pay for full coverage if it's for a day or two the rental then tipping those people or relying on Chase, it's a real pain.

But Pinchas is a great guy, for example lag beomer they were overbooked, those that booked online were waiting hours and I booked through Pinchas and he took great care of me......

Yes! Exactly!

Pinchas is the way to go!
“I have nothing in common with lazy people who blame others for their lack of success. Great things come from hard work

Offline Yarhead

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2017, 04:50:07 PM »
My wife just rented a car from Alamo/Enterprise in TLV using her CSP (so CDW and LDW waived) and they quoted her $27/day for mandatory 3rd party liability (3PLC). I remember paying $12/day a few years ago but $27/day is 4.5X the actual rental cost of the car! Is this inline with other car rental agencies in TLV?

Does anyone else have experiences with 3PLC price quotes at the car rental agencies? Particularly interested in Alamo and Budget.

(3PLC surely seems like the way they "get" you, as there doesn't seem to be a way to know what you'll be quoted until you show up to rent your car. Is this correct?)

Offline MrPrime1

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2017, 11:27:35 AM »
i used budget in october and i believe it was around $12/day or so, which was more than the actual rental.

Offline Yammer

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2017, 11:34:37 AM »
Does anyone else have experiences with 3PLC price quotes at the car rental agencies? Particularly interested in Alamo and Budget.

(3PLC surely seems like the way they "get" you, as there doesn't seem to be a way to know what you'll be quoted until you show up to rent your car. Is this correct?)
IME it's best to go through an agent, no surprises at the counter

Offline B.D.Da'ehu

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 126
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2017, 12:25:03 PM »
IME it's best to go through an agent, no surprises at the counter
Yep. ;)

Offline hocker

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2017, 04:41:07 AM »
I second the reccomendation! Moishe Lieberman is an amazing agent!

Offline Z56

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2017, 07:06:01 AM »
I second the reccomendation! Moishe Lieberman is an amazing agent!

aren't you an agent ? agent recommending other agent.. sounds strange

Offline hocker

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2017, 05:38:07 PM »
aren't you an agent ? agent recommending other agent.. sounds strange
Yes, but I highly recommend him.